COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

How does BTS promote in Japan while wearing this? (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins

??

Like... going to Japan and literally singing their language taking their market and money meanwhile you wear a shirt celebrating the bombing ...

Of not just soldiers at war.. but women, children literally imagine an entire school of kids blown up thats what happened. I read a few stories of real life experiences and it was honestly horrific from a citizens standpoint.

Whether you have your opinion or not on the bombing or whatever war is just a sentitive topic and people have relatives who died.

And imo if you are going to celebrate the bombing by wearing a freaking tshirt merch of it then i really think you have no right to go promote to japanese people, absolutely shameless Jimin is. Stay in Korea and celebrate your 'freedom' then.

I personally wouldnt be able to step in japan after promoting that... what do you think?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
ReVeluv
Are you genuinely wondering because you just thought about it, or did you miss the pretty big discussion about it when it happened months ago?

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Ship
I think wearing that shirt was extremely insensitive especially as it was around the time they were travelling to Japan, but the shirt wasn't promoting the bombings or celebrating it by any means. The designer wanted to integrate history into his clothing and whether anyone personally agrees or not, the bombs had a big impact for SK independance and it was included in the design of the shirt to educate and get young people interested in history. Although I think the method the designer went about it was a bit silly as people can and will still see it as 'bombing merch' I think it's a bit far to label it as celebrating the bombing. The designer, Jimin's stylist, and Jimin himself were all very irresponsible for this situation, but if most Japanese armys have forgiven him and aren't taking issue with it anymore I don't see why I shouldn't do the same. All we can hope is that Jimin, his stylist, and the designer all learned from this situation and don't find themselves doing insensitive actions like this in the future.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
do we really need to start this again

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm not gonna say nuthin, don't want to disturb he peace.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
your late, this was a whole debacle and its been a year since this happened. fans dragged jimin and his stylist through the mud already, no need to bring it up again. also multiple idols have worn the same shirt, why is jimin the only one being brought up?

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
it's a little late. this was talked about like 2 years or so ago

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Reactions Received
KS Coins
it's a little late. this was talked about like 2 years or so ago
That was a long time ago.
Its old but i only saw this around august last year because i followed that page on IG.

And i wanted to make this thread on akp but the army there are extremely sensetive amd i didnt have a death wish.

I just have a hard time understanding it, the mentality of why you would willingly promote in japan and hurt your Japanese fans by wearing this shirt.

Im not even hating here i just genuinely dont get it. I saw a lot of comments from army saying the shirt is fine and the bombing did good so its okay to celebrate it i saw others say it was the stylist fault and other stuff.

I don't think Jimin ever even apologized either. In fact he didnt. Bighit apologised while he just continued promoting there.

The situation is confusing.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Aren’t you tired of hating them ?
I will never be tired of hating them.

You just heard of me now?

And as for your other comment.

I don't have a love hate relationship it used to be something like that but now its just a hate hate relationship

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread