COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Cover how to improve?? (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
id like to be an idol, we'll not nessecssarily. more like a forgein person doing music in Korean (I'm Chinese, Mexican, Native American, and Black), if i were famous i feel like id be intruding to want to be called an idol).

ive tried to ask people around me for criticism, and got it here which I love.

im a rapper but mainly a dancer, ive been dancing for a while. but u cant just dance yk? u have to use ur voice somehow. so id like to focus on my rap more, like my tone and how to use more varying tones.

any help would be great.

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I have no experience at all so I cant help but I wish you luck :sanapray: One tip is maybe try finding videos of rappers who explain their process a bit? Stuff like technique, analysis of other rappers, explanations of how they write their stuff. It might help you get a better idea of whats important when it comes to rapping.

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
Reactions Received
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
YOLO
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I'd watch videos on rappers. I'm sure there are analysis videos on rap tones and styles you can check out. Also, breath placement is important, and the use of timing. Every single rap can't just be straight on a beat. There are pauses that add to the rap. I thought this video was pretty helpful when it comes to rhyming in raps.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Start dieting and losing weight, get plastic surgery, do anything to be as beautiful as you can. That's what the companies and fans want. Anyone will tell you otherwise is a delusional hoe.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Start dieting and losing weight, get plastic surgery, do anything to be as beautiful as you can. That's what the companies and fans want. Anyone will tell you otherwise is a delusional hoe.
i am dieting but its so hard :(

i already am p skinny but i wanna have a SNATCHED waist smh

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'd watch videos on rappers. I'm sure there are analysis videos on rap tones and styles you can check out. Also, breath placement is important, and the use of timing. Every single rap can't just be straight on a beat. There are pauses that add to the rap. I thought this video was pretty helpful when it comes to rhyming in raps.
thanks i appreciate it lots :)

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
Reactions Received
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
YOLO
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm not an expert at it but from your Lisa rap, you sounded kinda out of breath at the end. I would try to fix your breathing first before trying new things. If you do fix your breathing first, try more variations of sound, like going higher or lower than the original is. It sounded kinda emotionless/monotone and the tone sounded forced. So try to rap a song that you relate to a lot and see if it sounds a lot more emotional or what sound you want. Then if it does, use that technique with your other raps. Also I'd tried to memorize and master the lyrics completely. Your mouth, lip, and tongue position change the way it sounds a lot.

I like your voice though and your pronunciation was good !

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm not an expert at it but from your Lisa rap, you sounded kinda out of breath at the end. I would try to fix your breathing first before trying new things. If you do fix your breathing first, try more variations of sound, like going higher or lower than the original is. It sounded kinda emotionless/monotone and the tone sounded forced. So try to rap a song that you relate to a lot and see if it sounds a lot more emotional or what sound you want. Then if it does, use that technique with your other raps. Also I'd tried to memorize and master the lyrics completely. Your mouth, lip, and tongue position change the way it sounds a lot.

I like your voice though and your pronunciation was good !
thank u so much :)

the monotone/out of breath makes sense because i normally talk and my lips rarely move

I plan on cover a part in Lil Kim's song, ill upload it here later and ill take notes from u

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread