I can hardly speak and I need help (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
Wreck
My cold has gotten to the point where I haven’t been able to speak for 3 days. It hurts so much and it’s driving me crazy. What advice do you guys have to help me feel better?

marublade

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
Drink a shit ton of tea and most importantly... DO NOT SPEAK!
Even a day of not speaking AT ALL will do wonders!

I don't know how you sleep normally, but wear a turtleneck to sleep + wear a scarf CONSTANTLY.

And I repeat drink tea. The more the better. Pour that thing down your throat by the BUCKETS!

OnlyCalB

GG Trash / Roulette Team
Reactions Received
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Drink tea, preferably herbal if you can.

Or, drink lots of water.

As for getting rid of the cold more effectively, I'm not sure. Just stay warm and rest.

karina

🌈 ❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Fandom
arianator
Ship
Wreck
get well soon... I went through the same thing during new years eve and the following days and what helped was drinking a ton ( preferably nothing carbonated) and to don‘t speak

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
And put honey to all that tea you are drinking! ^^

What helps me with any pain is just ibuprofen. Headache, flu, menstrual cramps, tooth ache or sore throat, it doesn't matter I'm popping those pills.

DrowningFishy

Rookie
Reactions Received
And put honey to all that tea you are drinking! ^^

What helps me with any pain is just ibuprofen. Headache, flu, menstrual cramps, tooth ache or sore throat, it doesn't matter I'm popping those pills.
Not recommended. One thing they never teach kids is that popping pain pills will bite you in the arse later. have a bad headache, bad cramps, to bad you now have become used to your default pain meds and now that sht down't work.

Walnutt

The #1 Reveluv
Reactions Received
Not recommended. One thing they never teach kids is that popping pain pills will bite you in the arse later. have a bad headache, bad cramps, to bad you now have become used to your default pain meds and now that sht down't work.
This is definitely an unpopular opinion but I agree. My mom gave me painkillers (tylenol/advil) for every little problem I had and I carried that over into my teenage years. Now, popping a Tylenol for pain is basically the same as popping a skittle :haylul:

DrowningFishy

Rookie
Reactions Received
This is definitely an unpopular opinion but I agree. My mom gave me painkillers (tylenol/advil) for every little problem I had and I carried that over into my teenage years. Now, popping a Tylenol for pain is basically the same as popping a skittle :haylul:
I used to take midol a lot because of BAD cramps. Now it does zero to alivate pain started loosing effectiveness at 30, by 33 useless. Now all that touches my pain is advil but it isn't as effective anymore. General idea is try alternative methods other then pain meds. Then if that doesn't work is take one pill wait a half hour see if it works before taking the second.

Of course if you are sick remmeber to take the right medicine and don't hesitate so you can get better faster.

But don't over due pain meds. It's also can kill your liver

Edit Don't pop painpills for throat pain unless your doc says so. It's not an effictive use and rarely will help. Stick to things aimed at releaving throat pain. Most effective is HONEY, and throat sprays

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
That probably depends how regularly you take them. You can get painkiller headache as withdrawal symptom as well if your body gets too used to them. But I don't rly have problems with painkillers becoming uneffective for me, it does work like magic to certain types of pains which is sth I'm grateful for. It just has to be ibuprofen, paracetamol doesn't rly work for me. What comes to future, well I'm 27 now so I think my body would have gotten too used to it already if it would :dubuthink:

EvenOfDae

Star
Reactions Received
Website
birbdae.tumblr.com
Fandom
YOLO
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Sleep a lot. If you take chicken stock, make soup out of it with some leftover rice, you have made rice soup. Have rice soup and tea with honey. No sugar. Gargle warm salt water. My best advice is just to sleep, and drink warm honey tea/water. If you rest a lot, the cold will go away faster in my experience. Make sure you're not overheating, but stay warm. Taking warm showers helps me through a cold.

Reactions: wayvoutsold

Users who are viewing this thread