COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

I just don't understand kpop fans??? (1 Viewer)

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
So I came across this post of 2Z, a kpop rockband that debuted in the beginning of this year:

Their tweet is amazing. And it gained them attention which is good for them.
But look at the posts under the tweet: 99% is from people who say they're gonna stan them now.

So it takes y'all a tweet and a pic to stan a group? They deserve more fans but not for a tweet and pic they posted to spread awareness after a horrible incident.
There's a difference between respecting and showing your support for a group and stanning.
Stan a group for their amazing talents and songs, not because they posted something in light of a tragedy.
Let them go down in history as the talented boys with good songs, not the boys who posted something to speak up about the BLM movement.

Same goes for other idols.
I can't count how many people I've seen "stanning" Holland simply because he's openly gay. Stan him for his songs, support/respect him for his sexuality.
Or some nugu girl groups (remember Oh My Jewel?), simply because they have a white member?

Stan people for their talent and music
Support and respect idols for their good actions​

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Wreck
A lot of these incidents don’t make sense to me either. Like, if you have never heard an artist’s music but they post something like this, you can support them for it but not stan them.

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
A lot of these incidents don’t make sense to me either. Like, if you have never heard an artist’s music but they post something like this, you can support them for it but not stan them.
YES
So many people stan idols cuz they're different (like Holland being gay and groups with white members). Companies use people like them in the hope to gain new fans (hence why I never like it when a group with a white member gets introduced. It's obvious the company just wants to pull in the American/European stans and just use the member for that to be "unique")

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Just because it doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean it doesn't make sense to others. People can stan for whatever reason they want tbh. If they want to stan because they like the music, great. If they want to stan because of the personalities, great. Would I do that? No. But that doesn't mean those who do it are wrong.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Stan people for their talent and music
I used to preach this until I came to the realization that most fans don't give a single fuck about music and it's not like companies care that much either. As long as idols are aspirational and appealing to the masses, they'll sell whatever they put out.

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Just because it doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean it doesn't make sense to others. People can stan for whatever reason they want tbh. If they want to stan because they like the music, great. If they want to stan because of the personalities, great. Would I do that? No. But that doesn't mean those who do it are wrong.
Stanning personality is literally the whole point of an idol and it's what makes the difference with a regular artist.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Kpop isn't just about music and it never had been. Character matters. So many idols blow up for kind or funny moments, why not this?

Speaking up rn means a lot to a lot of people and it does make others want to know more about people who are willing to speak up. Maybe they find that they like their music too like I did. Or like this

Maybe they're joking like 95% of the people that say they're gonna Stan

(Also think I found your Twitter 👀)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
they just ruined their fanbase now... poor og fans gonna be surrounded by screaming wokies

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
They won't really stan though.

After a while they'll forget that band.

Welcome to humans.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I don't mind people actually stanning for whatever reason, but in most such cases, they don't actually stan tho. These groups/artists still remain nugu, a lot of people are only chasing clout on Twitter and looking for those good ol' likes and retweets so.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
The only real problem I have with stuff like this is that it is boiling down a person to 1 aspect of their character a lot of the times and ignoring everything else about them so essentially they could be terrible otherwise but this single aspect of them makes them stannable apparently.

I do understand wanting someone to support you when you are part of a minority and I think idols should be supported when they are speaking about injusticies that could get them in trouble but all I would wish for is that you still look at the person overall and not just that they support this one thing.

eclipsoul

barbie (2023) fan account
Reactions Received
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
for me personally music is also the most important thing when it comes to stanning a group and i wouldn't stan an idol if i didn't like the music they made. but it's different for everyone and if there are people who stan idols because of their looks or because they're funny on variety shows, i see nothing wrong with stanning someone because they used their platform to speak up on an important topic, especially since not all idols did that. they're a fairly new group and it seems like they're not that well known yet so there is a chance that some people who saw this post simply didn't know about their music earlier and by seeing this post they can get to know them and appreciate them both for speaking up and the music they make. now the question is are all these people who commented under this tweet really going to stan them...

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I personally think it's cool that they did that

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread