COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Movie I watched Dune last night (1 Viewer)

Melting

heart and soul went into our memories
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
So, I went to the movie theaters for the first time in two years with a friend to watch Dune.

If you don't know anything about the movie, it's a book adaptation from a really popular science-fiction series by Frank Herbert.

I never read the books, so here is my opinion from a person who went in without any expectations:

I really enjoyed the movie. It was three (!!) hours long, but it didn't feel that long bc so much was happening.
I needed a few minutes to get into the story, bc for a newbie it's definitely a bit confusing to get a grasp of the plot and the characters.
But then the movie was really great!
I think it's a movie worth watching in a movie theater, since the movie was visual-wise just stunning.

I also think the actors were a good choice.
Timothee Chalamet as the protagonist Paul did a great job.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
@RandAlThor
I think you read the book, right?
many times .

this is 2nd or 3rd movie and there were some tv shows.

supposedly this is just part 1 of the book to see if ppl show up.

i am guessing it stops with paul and jessica in the desert.

Melting

heart and soul went into our memories
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
many times .

this is 2nd or 3rd movie and there were some tv shows.

supposedly this is just part 1 of the book to see if ppl show up.

i am guessing it stops with paul and jessica in the desert.
Yes, they only covered half of the book and you right, it stops with them in the dessert
:catsip:

I hope they are going to shot the next part, bc I'm hooked and really want to read the books.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Yes, they only covered half of the book and you right, it stops with them in the dessert
:catsip:

I hope they are going to shot the next part, bc I'm hooked and really want to read the books.
its kinda a natural break.

Dune is the template for a massive amount of characters in a relative short time,
Crazy politics and intrigue.

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Well no cinemas are open where i am rn, (but i think its open across the border from me-just cant cross the border).

I am more intrigued by Rebecca Ferguson as Lady Jessica this time around. Iv watched the 80s movie n the SyFy miniseries Dune n Children of Dune(forgot almost all but the bare bones of the plot) n read Dune, Children of Dune, Dune Messiah, God Emperor of Dune, Heretics of Dune n Chapter-House Dune yrs ago. Also House Atreides, House Corrino n maybe The Butlerian Jihad. Its all a haze as i was reading perfunctorily so i rlly want to watch Dune to see if i rmbr any of the story/characters.
Hope it makes a bazillion dollars so Stilgar, Duncan n Gurney Halleck (or whoever survives) live to fight another day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread