Discussion Idols participating in blackout Tuesday (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

♡ You are valid and loved ❤
Reaction score
Ship
Wreck
For those who don't know, blackout Tuesday is when people will stop posting on social media and instead just post a black square in response to the current protests. So far, from what I know, Ten, Johnny, Amber, and BM have all taken part in this. The reactions are really mixed, but I guess that's to be expected, nothing can ever be that simple with kpop fans. Most of the negativity is being upset that Johnny and Ten didn't donate to the cause, because clearly that's all that matters :nayeonisdone:

TicTok_Togruta

✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
Reaction score
The reactions are really mixed, but I guess that's to be expected, nothing can ever be that simple with kpop fans. Most of the negativity is being upset that Johnny and Ten didn't donate to the cause, because clearly that's all that matters :nayeonisdone:
No matter what people do, it seems like there will always be both a positive and negative response.

Darth_berries

Fleshy fruit
Reaction score
Maybe they donated in private. And even some of those celebrities who donated has been attacked for not donating enough so you can't rly win with social media.

Ashla_K

Idol
Reaction score
I saw a video yesterday about how people were criticizing Kendrick Lamar and J.cole for not speaking publicly about what's happening right now. Turns out that J.cole was actually protesting on the streets but it if weren't because someone uploaded pics of him, they'd have cancelled him without even knowing the truth.
I do respect artists who want to express their views about politics and society, when is something that comes naturally from them and not forced by their fanbase desperate for validation of their own point of views or out of fear of being accused of something they've never been or done. I honestly can't understand this ridiculous thought that if you don't post it on SNS, it doesn't exist when we know very well how many posers are out there pretending to be what they're not in order to get likes and retweets.

Last edited:

Ahsoka

Reaction score
Ship
Wreck
I saw a video yesterday about how people were criticizing Kendrick Lamar and J.cole for not speaking publicly about what's happening right now. Turns out that J.cole was actually protesting on the streets but it if weren't because someone uploaded pics of him, they'd have cancelled him without even knowing the truth.
I do respect artists who want to express their views about politics and society, when is something that comes naturally from them and not forced by their fanbase desperate for validation of their own point of views or out of fear of being accused of something they've never been or done. I honestly can't understand this ridiculous thought that if you don't post it on SNS, it doesn't exist when we know very well how many posers are out there pretending to be what they're not in order to get likes and retwits.
I agree but I can't deny the part that got me was retwits :wimwim:

Ahsoka

Reaction score
Ship
Wreck
denise tried to spread the word and share her support on her instagram story in both english and korean, but her company didn't like that and closed her whole instagram account
Wow, that a bit surprising tbh. It doesnt look bad to be supporting it, and it a lot less controversial in Korea it seems

OnCloudJess

Jentle Jessture
Reaction score
Ship
denise tried to spread the word and share her support on her instagram story in both english and korean, but her company didn't like that and closed her whole instagram account
I'm really worried about her. They took her selfie from her group acc down too

Darth_Ozy

Darth Maul's fav dongsaeng
Reaction score
Ship
Yeah I mean it's great that they're supporting, but stans pressuring them to donate publicly and attacking them for not doing so is kinda extreme, everyone is protesting in their own way. If you're donating, awesome. If not, you can still support and it shouldn't count any less.

Darth_Ozy

Reaction score
Ship
Yeah I saw this too, and it's really not a good look. I'm struggling to see what the company was thinking, and they took down her selfie from the group account as well.

Tbh I think they deactivated personal IGs of all members so this might have just been bad timing? Not sure, Dita's acc is still up tho coz she gets a lot of SNS engagement with Indonesian fans.

fanysmoon

summer breeze
Reaction score
Yeah I saw this too, and it's really not a good look. I'm struggling to see what the company was thinking, and they took down her selfie from the group account as well.

Tbh I think they deactivated personal IGs of all members so this might have just been bad timing? Not sure, Dita's acc is still up tho coz she gets a lot of SNS engagement with Indonesian fans.
it could've absolutely been bad timing, but removing denise's selfie from the group instagram account was a bit sus of the company

Darth_Ozy

Reaction score
Ship
it could've absolutely been bad timing, but removing denise's selfie from the group instagram account was a bit sus of the company
Yeah esp in an age where more and more idols are starting to openly support such causes and even Stan Twitter is woke, it should've been seen as a positive. Really suspicious of the company to pull this.

fanysmoon

summer breeze
Reaction score
Yeah esp in an age where more and more idols are starting to openly support such causes and even Stan Twitter is woke, it should've been seen as a positive. Really suspicious of the company to pull this.
i really hope the company doesn't do anything else that could make the situation worse and more suspicious

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)