COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

I'm a Grinch (1 Viewer)

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
How come?
What is there to like?

Overplayed songs everywhere being overplayed even more!
The expectation you HAVE to spend money and braincells to buy gifts for others.
99,9% of the gifts you get being kinda shit and things you don't really want.

THAT is what I dislike about it. I like the family part, but that part can be done in the gap of those few days.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
What is there to like?

Overplayed songs everywhere being overplayed even more!
The expectation you HAVE to spend money and braincells to buy gifts for others.
99,9% of the gifts you get being kinda shit and things you don't really want.

THAT is what I dislike about it. I like the family part, but that part can be done in the gap of those few days.
But wouldn't increasing the duration of Christmas mean that radios will be playing those songs even more, people are gonna be upset with you if you didn't give them a single gift throughout the duration of Christmas, and because you extended the duration they're gonna EXPECT you to get a gift that isn't trash?
Or maybe that's just you and others bc all my x-mas gifts were bomb :sippinthetea:

But considering Christmas is my favorite holiday I wouldn't mind increasing the amount of days. That would be heaven. :pandaamazed:

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
But wouldn't increasing the duration of Christmas mean that radios will be playing those songs even more, people are gonna be upset with you if you didn't give them a single gift throughout the duration of Christmas, and because you extended the duration they're gonna EXPECT you to get a gift that isn't trash?
Or maybe that's just you and others bc all my x-mas gifts were bomb :sippinthetea:

But considering Christmas is my favorite holiday I wouldn't mind increasing the amount of days. That would be heaven. :pandaamazed:
For me I don't want presents tbh! I mean I don't want it to be an obligation, my family has this habit that whenever we go visit somebody we bring presents anyways, but it is not an obligation and you shouldn't have to stress over it.

Overall I don't really have anything I WANT to get for christmas... If I want something... I can buy it...
Also I hate the overplayed christmas songs... DESPISE them. They give me headaches bcs they are played so MUCH!

What makes holidays great is the family. With Christmas sadly the family part often tends to get overshadowed! That is lowkey while I prefer a holiday we have in estonia during summer, that is kinda similar but kinda not at all! Jaanipäev is about family coming together and having a bonfire together. That is it. Nothing more. Family coming together to be together.

I don't want anything else. Presents just make things unnecessarily more materialistic

Reactions Received
KS Coins
For me I don't want presents tbh! I mean I don't want it to be an obligation, my family has this habit that whenever we go visit somebody we bring presents anyways, but it is not an obligation and you shouldn't have to stress over it.

Overall I don't really have anything I WANT to get for christmas... If I want something... I can buy it...
Also I hate the overplayed christmas songs... DESPISE them. They give me headaches bcs they are played so MUCH!

What makes holidays great is the family. With Christmas sadly the family part often tends to get overshadowed! That is lowkey while I prefer a holiday we have in estonia during summer, that is kinda similar but kinda not at all! Jaanipäev is about family coming together and having a bonfire together. That is it. Nothing more. Family coming together to be together.

I don't want anything else. Presents just make things unnecessarily more materialistic
Understandable, but with all that...Isn't it better that Christmas is just one day? A whole 24 hours and then you're done. Having it for 3 days would just extend the gift giving expectation (one that I proudly fail to reach because I'm broke and don't know people like dat :wimwim:). Besides, you don't ALWAYS have to buy a gift. You can make one. Give them a lil handmade card and smugly watch as they're forced to appreciate it because you made it and it would make them seem like an ungrateful person for not accepting your present.

But to each his own ig. Christmas has always been special to me and I like everything about it! When I was little it was about the gifts, but now that I'm older it's all about the aesthetic, cheesy TV specials, and sweets!

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Understandable, but with all that...Isn't it better that Christmas is just one day? A whole 24 hours and then you're done. Having it for 3 days would just extend the gift giving expectation (one that I proudly fail to reach because I'm broke and don't know people like dat :wimwim:). Besides, you don't ALWAYS have to buy a gift. You can make one. Give them a lil handmade card and smugly watch as they're forced to appreciate it because you made it and it would make them seem like an ungrateful person for not accepting your present.

But to each his own ig. Christmas has always been special to me and I like everything about it! When I was little it was about the gifts, but now that I'm older it's all about the aesthetic, cheesy TV specials, and sweets!
Oh I think you misunderstood me, at least in Estonia it's tradition for christmas to be 3 days. The Christmas eve, the 1st day of christmas and the 2nd day of christmas (Dunno how exactly to translate this)

With this post I meant I hate it when some people start christmas like over a month early.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Oh I think you misunderstood me, at least in Estonia it's tradition for christmas to be 3 days. The Christmas eve, the 1st day of christmas and the 2nd day of christmas (Dunno how exactly to translate this)

With this post I meant I hate it when some people start christmas like over a month early.
CHRISTMAS IS THREE DAYS IN ESTONIA?!?!!?!?

Girlie I am on my way

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
CHRISTMAS IS THREE DAYS IN ESTONIA?!?!!?!?

Girlie I am on my way
Well Isn't that normal? We have 3 days off from work and everything!

24th is the eve when we give presents and it is like the MAIN christmas for us
Then the 25th and the 26th are the 1st and 2nd day of christmas that are like the time to enjoy it all.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Well Isn't that normal? We have 3 days off from work and everything!

24th is the eve when we give presents and it is like the MAIN christmas for us
Then the 25th and the 26th are the 1st and 2nd day of christmas that are like the time to enjoy it all.
Well in America we're all off for Christmas eve and Christmas day, but virtually NO ONE celebrates on Christmas eve. They're all prepping for the 25th and THAT'S when the party starts.

But forget all of that. Now I know where to book my flight. Forget going back to New York, hello Estonia! (btw ur country has a very pretty name, it always sounded so mythical and majestic to me)

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Well in America we're all off for Christmas eve and Christmas day, but virtually NO ONE celebrates on Christmas eve. They're all prepping for the 25th and THAT'S when the party starts.

But forget all of that. Now I know where to book my flight. Forget going back to New York, hello Estonia! (btw ur country has a very pretty name, it always sounded so mythical and majestic to me)
Estonia's life is pretty good actually!

We also have a SHIT ton of maternity leave. I think it's like 1.5 years paid leave + 1.5 years unpaid leave. So like in total you can stay on maternity leave for like 3 years! (not that anybody really does)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Estonia's life is pretty good actually!

We also have a SHIT ton of maternity leave. I think it's like 1.5 years paid leave + 1.5 years unpaid leave. So like in total you can stay on maternity leave for like 3 years! (not that anybody really does)
Uh well, I don't plan on having any children anytime soon, but good to know I guess? 🤣

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
My house is already decorated for Christmas :rosesmug: :llama_laugh:

Image result for christmas gifs

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
You are missing the best part though: Relatives from 300 miles away promising to send money as a Christmas gift and each year conveniently neglecting to make good on the promise 😅

edit: Honestly though, as a grad student who is generally tired of school... Having a two week break is probably the best gift right now. . .

Last edited:

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I am so done with all the christmas stress. December is in general so busy and I am visiting my parents way more than and ozher month.

Also here in germany people celebrate on the 24. My family usually used the 25 for two family parties and the 26 is just relaxing at home.

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
ur a grinch for wanting to celebrate a 1 day holiday for 3 days? 🧐
It's not a 1 day holiday... In Estonia it has basically ALWAYS been a 3 day holiday...

I mean I don't want to see christmas before or after it. I don't want to hear the christmas songs everywhere... I don't wanna see the decorations a month before it...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread