Discussion inverity's 2019 kpop hotlist (1 Viewer)

inverity

Nugu
Reactions Received
Website
wholefull.tumblr.com
here's my list of favorite songs in 2019 in no particular order:

Girl Groups

Dalla Dalla- ITZY
I didn't like this song for almost the entire year. I heard it randomly in a youtube video in september and decided to listen to it again, and loved it. It's energetic and confident. The "I love myself, something about me is different" is something I can relate to, and the odd transitions became endearing.

Fancy-TWICE
I was head over heels for some guy when this song came out, and I used to blast it at home and be sad about the fact he didn't like me back. The song is a perfect pining masterpiece. It's both cute and melancholic, and there's enough English that you can try to sing along. It's insanely catchy too. For the first few months after hearing it I would often play it twice in a row. This is rare for me. I'm still not tired of it. This is my most played song on itunes/apple music.

LALALAY-SUNMI
I love the horn in the song, and that the entire song is about her not giving a fuck and just doing what she wants.

%% (Eung Eung)- APINK
it's such a good pop song, but it has such a mature, cold air to it that I like. I feel like a confident 30 year old women telling a loser off.

As You Wish- WJSN
similar to fancy but without my embarrassing backstory, it is both melancholic and bubbly.

The Fifth Season (SSFWL)- Oh My Girl
a triumphant declaration of love.

Boogie Up- WJSN
I saw a lot of people saying "This song is good but not that good", and I'll have to disagree. It's such a good summer song. the cheerful, almost nonsensical lyrics, the retro influence...it's actually a bop.

Goblin- Sulli
I liked how whimsical yet deep the song seemed. From the beginning hum you could get a Alice in Wonderland-esque sensation.

Bon Bon Chocolat- Everglow
I remember seeing this music video and hearing the song. It blew my mind. I've never seen a girl group do girl crush so well right out of the gate. And to make it even better, it wasn't a girl crush song about love! the song was about themselves and being great.

Gotta Go- Chungha
doesn't everyone love this song?

Sunrise- GFRIEND
a upgraded version of time for the moonlight? sure, but emphasis on upgraded. the transition from cute to dramatic in that last bridge is fantastic. and Eunha's high note at the end is amazing.

Destiny (Oh My Girl Version)
it's so angsty and beautiful.

Feel Special- TWICE
people smack talk jyp but that man can really write lyrics. The song itself is just okay, but knowing the context of it makes it great. i've struggled with anxiety and the lyrics paint quite a familiar scene for me. It's actually helped me realize and appreciate the people who take care of me in life.

ME- CLC
again, lyrics. This is one of those few "noise" songs where I don't mind it, for some reason? It's so bold and confident and great.

Missed call (feat. Chancellor)- Jiselle
not really sure if this is even a "kpop" song but it's such a lush, nightime mood.

Boy Groups

Moonwalk (if that counts)- WayV
this is the kind of music nct 127 should have been releasing. futuristic yet not noisy. it's soft and beautiful, and i love the rock bridge.

Obsession- EXO
this song is so addictive. it has a more western sound without sounding bland/commercial. Chen's adlibs at the end? Heavenly. It would be even more insane if kyungsoo and xiumin were in it.

WANT- Taemin
taemin is taemin. he's just great. even though he didn't produce or write this song, he really breathes life into it. it's like a seductive disco song.

Play It Cool- Monsta X
it's just a fun song!

yeah this looks really shitty for boy groups..I think 2018-2019 have just been very good for girl groups. I think I need to listen to more bsides.
zimzalabim almost made but...it's just a smidge too weird for me.

karina

🌈 ❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the buddy hole & flover garden ღ
Fandom
arianator
Ship
Wreck
I really like the list

karina

🌈 ❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the buddy hole & flover garden ღ
Fandom
arianator
Ship
Wreck
Reactions: inverity

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
Me, Fancy and Bon Bon Chocolat are some of my favorite GG songs from this year as well.

:pandahappy:

Reactions: inverity and karina

Users who are viewing this thread