News Irene posts new year greetings on Lysn app along with another letter of apology (1 Viewer)

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
Ship

I've always been of the opinion that fans shouldn't shield their faves' mistakes and be willing to acknowledge when they're in the wrong. At the same time, it's not right to cancel someone and everyone deserves a second chance. Otherwise it just means that we're coming from a place of moral superiority and rather than wanting the person to change, we simply wanted something to hold over them.

Imo Irene made a mistake, and sure she might have been forced to apologize in the first place, but this apology does sound sincere. If you are never called out on your behavior, it becomes normalized, until you someday realize it too late. It does look like she's genuinely reflecting and the stylist has accepted the apology long back.

Here's hoping for both Irene and the rest of RV to resume full group activities and also that fans don't harass the stylist over it. Some maturity from both defenders and accusers of Irene would be the ideal outcome.

@Reveluv

Kedon

Trainee
Reactions Received
There we go..that's more like it girlie.

But what does she mean? She thought that her way of communicating was okay because she got along with people in the past? Someone explain what she means pls

OnlyCalB

GG Trash / Roulette Team
Reactions Received
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I hope for a great year for RV.
:sanapray:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
Ship
There we go..that's more like it girlie.

But what does she mean? She thought that her way of communicating was okay because she got along with people in the past? Someone explain what she means pls
From what I understand, she probably means nobody had a problem with her in the past, or atleast didn't bring it up, so she was unaware her style of communication or dealing with people was giving trouble to others.
That doesn't mean she should be totally ignorant, but overall I think it's a pretty sincere letter where she's acknowledging her mistake, promising to try and do better, and also asking fans to not harass the stylist. I hope this is the end of it and it doesn't get brought up whenever RV has some activity.

Kedon

Trainee
Reactions Received
From what I understand, she probably means nobody had a problem with her in the past, or atleast didn't bring it up, so she was unaware her style of communication or dealing with people was giving trouble to others.
That doesn't mean she should be totally ignorant, but overall I think it's a pretty sincere letter where she's acknowledging her mistake, promising to try and do better, and also asking fans to not harass the stylist. I hope this is the end of it and it doesn't get brought up whenever RV has some activity.
I guess that would make sense if she spoke with a rude tone but homegirl straight up screamed at her. She apologized and this letter is way better than the last one so I hope RV can continue on. Their contracts end next year anyway, so I hope everyone can forgive her because I don't want them to leave on a bad note (if they don't resign).

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
Ship
I guess that would make sense if she spoke with a rude tone but homegirl straight up screamed at her. She apologized and this letter is way better than the last one so I hope RV can continue on. Their contracts end next year anyway, so I hope everyone can forgive her because I don't want them to leave on a bad note (if they don't resign).
Yeah this is a much better apology and seems more personal/sincere than the last one, obviously she made a mistake but I hope we can let her learn from it and not hold it against her forever.

karina

🌈 ❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Fandom
arianator
Ship
Wreck
irene my girl did well now

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
I wonder if they're going to re-sign their contracts after this 👀
It'd be extremely stupid even without this additional apology. But if they do... the girls got all the freedom in the world.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
Ship
I wonder if they're going to re-sign their contracts after this 👀
I thought Irene might not but that was even before this controversy. It's just because she's turning 30 soon and might not want the idol life anymore, but try transitioning into modelling/acting.
Still, RV does pretty well so I wouldn't be surprised to see her re-sign too, but SM usually doesn't give their senior groups a lot of activity, so I expect we'll see more Aespa everywhere like NCT.

Emanresu

Idol
Reactions Received
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Good for her. This seems like a sincere letter of reflection.

If those that promote the idea of socially enforced mass criticism to enact desired change don't find this adequate I don't know that they will ever be satisfied with her.

To me it strikes me as someone who has sincerely thought about their actions and how they might improve and move forward.

I was never one to cancel or be massively critical of Irene. I was disappointed as I think treatment of underlings is an important marker of character. But her addressing it and making amends with the other person. As well as following her initial apology up with a statement like this that reflects on their mistakes and pledges to do better and seems sincere. That's indication to me that she's someone who has made steps and indicated they wish to change.

As a fan that's as much as one could ask for.

We all have flaws. Failures. Times we are unfair or mean. If one can't find redemption from mistakes it really seems a more pitiful and bleak world. One I don't want to live in.

Irene seems to want to find that redemption and go forward as a more thoughtful Bae Juhyun.

As a fan I'm proud of her. And wish her the best in that journey.

Last edited:

Ashla_K

Idol
Reactions Received
I'm proud of seeing Irene owning her mistakes and ready to change for the better. I think it speaks to her maturity, the compromise with her job and the public. Good for her!
:pikahappy:

Reactions Received
Reading the Soompi translation and overall it seems like people behind the scenes also voiced their disapproval of her actions and that with the time she has had to think about it since then that she did learn her lesson and is genuinely sorry which lead to this apology being one she has done out of remorse where as the first felt more like damage control. The one part that concerns me is that she says she thought of it as her own way of communicating and that's a pretty tone deaf way to describe screaming at someone however given the genuine feeling of the letter I can only conclude that people were enabling this behaviour in her for a long time and she never learnt why it's wrong to treat someone like that so let's just hope this was a wake-up call for her.

Mangoey

Future Canadian hobo
Reactions Received
Ship
I'm really glad to see this letter since it isn't often that a celebrity will release a second apology after their first and this one really does sound sincere. As other people in this thread have mentioned, the way she describes her lack of communication skills was kinda worrying as typically people use excuses like that when they aren't being genuine and are instead just trying to shove blame off themselves. However, seeing the rest of letter, I'm more than willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. I hope she follows through and changes herself for the better in the future.

Reactions: kinnie and Darkseid

Angel1

Trainee
Reactions Received
Fandom
Multi
I prefer this apology, it sounds like she actually means it and is being genuine instead of that apology SM probably told her to write up.

I choose to forgive her. I understand what she means by the difficulty communicating part since im the same as well.
I believe she means that she has difficulty communicating her thoughts/emotions and can come off as cold or harsh when she expresses them and just assumes people understands what she means and dont get the wrong idea.

Reactions: Darkseid

VillageIdiot

Budding Sky Drowner, Professional Debbie Downer
Reactions Received
Fandom
JayWhyPee
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Good on her

Panda

Future Canadian Hobo
Reactions Received
Fandom
Starlight
Ship
Wreck
it's a good apology but people also expect that she changes overnight or something...
I'm ready to see Irene show us a new face and work on her attitude, I'm honestly willing to give her another chance tbh

lexus

Future Canadian hobo
Reactions Received
Fandom
Vikki stan
Ship
Wreck
I'll commend her for apologizing again. Her first apology seemed fake asf, but this one seems more genuine. Hopefully she really did learn her lesson and won't act out like this again. I might even give her another chance

Users who are viewing this thread