COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Is it possible that Jennie's SOLO is a Sunmi reject? (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I have been having this theory for a while now. It really fits Sunmi's concept, and is a perfect follow-up to Gashina. I am pretty sure that the song was made for Sunmi, then it didn't work out, so they released Heroine instead.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I thought the same thing when it came out, it felt like an unfinished Sunmi track. Glad they went with Heroine instead.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Very possible but perhaps its just teddy touch so it sounds similar

And Gashina is one of the best of his works so its a no brainer if for Jennie he tried to give her the same success formula

Even though Gashina >> Solo imo

Somi debut song I wont be surprised if its same sounding to Solo or D4 tbh (trap hiphop kinda teddy trademark)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Everyone seems to think it is... maybe it's possibly something Teddy had in mind for Sunmi, but eventually ended up giving to Jennie? So technically not exactly a 'reject'

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
)I don't really think so, because they were working on it for a long time
BUT it does sound really like a follow up, like other users said

either way, gashina was better as a sunmi song, and solo might have been better as sunmi's, but jennie also killed it
(and somi has nothing to do with this imo

Reactions Received
KS Coins
It could be especially that it sounds like something Sunmi would release but it could be just YG and Teddy thought that debuting with something similar to a hit song would be better bc it will have a high chance to success and they wanted to play it safe
Solo is ok but i wanted Jennie to do something else :(

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
it probably is just the Teddy sound. He maked good music but there has always been some trademarks of his, his usual touch to the songs he produces

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread