Is it true Red Velvet are mediocre performers? (1 Viewer)

Drew_B

Reactions Received
Fandom
MeU
I've seen a bunch of comments on YouTube about how all Red Velvet live performances are the same.

And how they don't bring much energy and always have the same facial expressions. I don't find this true of their first two songs "Happiness" and "Ice Cream Cake". But then again most groups are better performers early in their career cause they want to prove themselves quickly and as time goes on groups get a little lazy.

I honestly haven't seen a lot of their live performances cause I mostly watch Joy fancams so I cant judge.

But what's your thoughts on this topic?

@Reveluv to defend their faves.
@Girl Group to be more honest.

OnlyCalB

GG Trash / Roulette Team
Reactions Received
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Those people have seen like 5 performances tops then.

Red Velvet give their all when they perform at their concerts. Just watching a few of their fancams from their concerts will be enough to show just how much they enjoy performing any song from their vast discography. RV are great performers. Go check out their fancams!
:sanapray: :taesip:

yeji

🌈 ❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Fandom
arianator
Ship
Wreck
RV are amazing and those just can’t acknowledge it

Reactions Received
I've seen a bunch of comments on YouTube about how all Red Velvet live performances are the same.

And how they don't bring much energy and always have the same facial expressions. I don't find this true of their first two songs "Happiness" and "Ice Cream Cake". But then again most groups are better performers early in their career cause they want to prove themselves quickly and as time goes on groups get a little lazy.

I honestly haven't seen a lot of their live performances cause I mostly watch Joy fancams so I cant judge.

But what's your thoughts on this topic?

@Reveluv to defend their faves.
@Girl Group to be more honest.
There was a user on akp zenning i think who did a bunch of long post killing this.

Yeri and Irene both have RBF so that does get picked on at times.

i really think you would have a hard time proving SM is rolling out artists who cant/wont preform.

• Love
Reactions: OnlyCalB and yeji
Reactions Received
Are they as crazy up as say AKB girls ... who is.

ok gotta go meeting at the folks ack a min ago lol

• Love
Reactions: OnlyCalB

VillageIdiot

Unruly Moon Child
Reactions Received
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Seem fine to me. Haven't been swayed either way

amourpinks

Idol
Reactions Received
They’re not the best of all time but they’re not the worst either. They’re kinda in the middle for me, I’ve never been wowed by a performance but they’re fun to watch.

Reactions: Angel1
Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Fandom
GoldenStar

Yeri and Irene both have RBF so that does get picked on at times.

I rlly think this has a lot to do with everything tat these 2 get critised for, if they looked otherwise eg, cuter or more like ***** ****. They wouldnt get criticised as much n would be praised more. Ymmv. Its not objectively abt their talent at all but subjective by the observer.

Reactions: RandAlThor

Lovely_Cornchips

Future Canadian Hobo
Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
I don't know...as a Reveluv I actually sometimes agree that the girls can be a bit eh during their lives. The only one I really give a pass to is Yeri because I think she was really going through a rough time and of course, she isn't going to be putting her all into everything-but that's changed and she's just as good and lively as she was before.

I do think though that despite me loving Irene she sometimes lets her resting bitch face take over during lives which can be off-putting at times to watch during a performance that is meant to be more spunky and upbeat.

We also know that Joy has a phobia of fireworks and also has a disorder that causes pain for her. So if she isn't looking super upbeat during a performance-there is a reason. But can I just say that most of the time all of the members put their best foot forward for lives and people constantly saying they are mediocre clearly have no gauge on talent and performance or stage presence.

Ashla_K

Idol
Reactions Received
They're not explosive on stage but certainly entertaining to watch. Some would disagree with me but the 3rd and 4th gen ggs (with exceptions) don't have the charisma or stage presence of their predecessors.

naturalqueen

Trainee
Reactions Received
They are just like other kpop idols are... like i can name another top group.

Must be because of concept... bp can rock the stage because of their concept

That's why i hate it when groups are choreography-centered. Look at bb and 2ne1, they can do whatever they want in stage

uhgr8

Nugu
Reactions Received
Website
www.instagram.com
I've never really liked their choreography (though admittedly I haven't seen much), but that's nothing on them lol
I think they do their best for what they're given, and I've never seen something that made me think they looked lazy or unenthused.

Reactions: Angel1

Angel1

Trainee
Reactions Received
Fandom
Multi
They're definitely not the best but i dont think theyre bad. Ofc they have their stages where they arent giving it their all or could be doing better but overall, i think theyre alright.

Users who are viewing this thread