COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Is there anything in kpop or the kpop industry that you take really seriously? (1 Viewer)

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I'd say that one thing that bothers me the most and the thing I tend to care the most about is how the kpop industry treats minors. I am the first one to find something wrong if I feel like minors are being sexualized, objectified, mistreated etc.

For example, this song I find pretty bad because a good amount of TREASURE are minors so the lyrics and the dance disturb me

I also in general am really against the sexualization and objectification of idols without their consent

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I don't think there's really one particularly thing and it depends on how severe I think the issue is as some are worse than others based on the context

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I don’t like how minors are sexualized. I just don’t like it at all.

Also the double standard is annoying af

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
For me, it'd probably be the sexual abuse that goes on behind the scenes and sometimes publically.

It happens with interviewers overstepping boundaries with idols. Unnecessary touching that often time idols don't consent to and things like that as well as what happened with x5 and their company. Sexual harassment I would say is the one I'm most passionate about and get very upset over.

eclipsoul

barbie (2023) fan account
Reactions Received
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
might be because of my personal experiences but bodyshaming and diet culture. i feel like it's been normalised at this point due to the industry's obsession with outer appearance but something being common doesn't mean it's right. it makes me sick to see grown men judge young girls' bodies or hear some of the idols' stories of how they were told to literally starve in order to debut.

Yili

Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
might be because of my personal experiences but bodyshaming and diet culture. i feel like it's been normalised at this point due to the industry's obsession with outer appearance but something being common doesn't mean it's right. it makes me sick to see grown men judge young girls' bodies or hear some of the idols' stories of how they were told to literally starve in order to debut.
i think i mentioned it one time on the forum maybe not, but one of the types of videos i hate the most are the diet/weight tracking videos of idols because i know that if i saw a video of someone tracking my weight over my entire career it would make me feel the most self conscious i could ever be

Yili

Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
The fact that sexualization is automatically "okay" when the idol turns 18. It doesn't work like that.
I do agree with that also, becoming adult and being sexualized by complete strangers or by your greedy company is always going to be creepy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread