News Lay getting hate for not terminating his contract with Calvin Klein (1 Viewer)

marublade

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
Lay is getting a lot of hate from people in both mainland China and Hong Kong. Hong Kong people don't like him canceling the concert, mainland China people are going after him for still having contracts with companies that support Hong Kong as separate from China.

Calvin Klein is the main one that people bring up, although some people are claiming it is due to a mistranslation on their website. Lay was (maybe still is) trending at no.1 on Weibo with a lot of hate directed at him for not terminating his contract. (Other celebrities have terminated contracts with brands like Versace)

Lay's company released a statement that they will look into all of the brands they have contracts with and act accordingly. a few hours ago Lay's studio made a statement saying they had to end Yixing's endorsement with Samsung due to "Samsung Electronics' global official website's lack of definition of the country and region"

This however hasn't calmed people down as people are saying his contract with Samsung was ending soon anyways and he is just doing it to calm people down and not because he actually wishes to support the one china agenda.

The situation is shit and is only getting shitter. nothing more to say

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
The political situation is getting really volatile : / I just hate how they force idols to be middle of it. I still remember how JYP forced Tzuyu to make that apology video saying stuff about one China. I can't help but feel it isn't what she really thinks, Taiwanese people that i have met usually want to make the distinction clear. I wonder if that means that chinese idols won't be able to have collabs with foreign companies for a while, since I don't think many non-Chinese company supports one China, at most they might be neutral.

DrowningFishy

Rookie
Reactions Received
The political situation is getting really volatile : / I just hate how they force idols to be middle of it. I still remember how JYP forced Tzuyu to make that apology video saying stuff about one China. I can't help but feel it isn't what she really thinks, Taiwanese people that i have met usually want to make the distinction clear. I wonder if that means that chinese idols won't be able to have collabs with foreign companies for a while, since I don't think many non-Chinese company supports one China, at most they might be neutral.
I'm shocked any idols from HOng Kong haven't been shoved under the bus yet. You think with what is going on someone might try to force them to have an opinion. Which we all know they cannot say what they want and they have to step cautiously.

My point is, idols it's so complicated to know what they can and cannot do. Who can they can conntract with and who is forbiden. Agian with a gilded cage but this one has a giloten.

Yseki

VIINI x Demian
Reactions Received
Lay is getting a lot of hate from people in both mainland China and Hong Kong. Hong Kong people don't like him canceling the concert, mainland China people are going after him for still having contracts with companies that support Hong Kong as separate from China.

Calvin Klein is the main one that people bring up, although some people are claiming it is due to a mistranslation on their website. Lay was (maybe still is) trending at no.1 on Weibo with a lot of hate directed at him for not terminating his contract. (Other celebrities have terminated contracts with brands like Versace)

Lay's company released a statement that they will look into all of the brands they have contracts with and act accordingly. a few hours ago Lay's studio made a statement saying they had to end Yixing's endorsement with Samsung due to "Samsung Electronics' global official website's lack of definition of the country and region"

This however hasn't calmed people down as people are saying his contract with Samsung was ending soon anyways and he is just doing it to calm people down and not because he actually wishes to support the one china agenda.

The situation is shit and is only getting shitter. nothing more to say

They should hate me instead, I'm a proponent of the west bringing good ole democracy to china one bomb at a time. :chickill: Communists

-Love Yseki :pepeheart:

Peach

Always there for Daniel
Reactions Received
If he said nothing at all, he'd still get hate. Sadly this kind of thing is probably instilled into his brain since he was a small child (just like for majority of Chinese people because communism 'is' great) and even if he didn't feel this way, there's no way he'd be willing to face the wrath of millions Chinese, who support him.

I even saw that Guanlin, who is Taiwanese, support this and you know how ridiculous this is.. poor kid is forced to write this shit because he'd get so much backlash if he didn't support one China, the one where there'll never be independence of his own home, Taiwan.

QueenB

Celebrity
Reactions Received
I REALLY hope he is doing all the right things... hopefully... Hopefully C-netz will calm down soon over him!
I'm scared it wouldn't even matter. I think he's alright as long as he pleases the government though....
I'm shocked any idols from HOng Kong haven't been shoved under the bus yet. You think with what is going on someone might try to force them to have an opinion. Which we all know they cannot say what they want and they have to step cautiously.

My point is, idols it's so complicated to know what they can and cannot do. Who can they can conntract with and who is forbiden. Agian with a gilded cage but this one has a giloten.
Yeah i've been worried about some idols who are from Hong Kong and Taiwan...
Yuqi and Lucas have been doing really well but they might get pulled in to this mess.

People don't talk about Yangyang being from Taiwan much so I hope he'll fly under the radar

marublade

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
I'm scared it wouldn't even matter. I think he's alright as long as he pleases the government though....

Yeah i've been worried about some idols who are from Hong Kong and Taiwan...
Yuqi and Lucas have been doing really well but they might get pulled in to this mess.

People don't talk about Yangyang being from Taiwan much so I hope he'll fly under the radar
I think the others have flown by because they aren't as popular or influencial as Lay in China...

Reactions: QueenB

Users who are viewing this thread