MCND AGE Mini-Review (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Future Canadian Hobo
Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
MCND AGE MINI ALBUM MINI REVIEW

Crush:

So this song is weird to me. I personally think it is pretty lackluster, it has some potential until it gets to that AWFUL chorus. It just sounds like they are trying to be funny but I don't actually think that is the intention so it really doesn't work at all. I also don't care much for the instrumental and it doesn't get any better once it gets to that one dance break thing also the rapping sounds like the guy is hacking up a lung at times. I'm not the biggest fan of this song but I could see the appeal possibly?
3/10

LOUDER:
So this song is already leagues ahead of the rest of this album if you ask me. Like the chorus is catchy and not overly loud, I really like the chorus to be honest. It's nice and flows well and I enjoy it still after listening to it a couple of times. Overall this song is well put together and thoroughly enjoyable to the point it's even on my list for this year.
8/10

KO,OK!:
So this song is catchy for the most part and I can see the appeal but also I don't know about the rapping. I think that is part of my issue with them is that I don't like the rapping in the songs just because a majority of it feels really forced. Like the tone of the rapping I mean. Sometimes I can vibe with rapping that sounds like that but for me, they force it with songs that maybe it doesn't fit well with-the vocals are good though. The chorus is nice. I think I could do without the rapping in the chorus. It just feels like it makes the song a joke.
6.5/10

Player:
I don't like this so far. The rapping once again ruins this for me and the chorus is kind of noisy and just not up my alley at all. I also just want to say the lyrics in this one oddly enough turn me off from it because it's literally the chorus having weird lines. Like BANG BANG BANG RIVER. Like....ok? Not sure that's the sound a river makes. The chorus for this one isn't catchy and the lack of vocals is unappealing to me because I'm not the biggest fan of thier rappers.
5/10

OUTRO:
I can tell I won't like this one. Ok, so one of the rappers sounded like a praying mantis to me for some reason, or what I think a praying mantis would sound like-I really do NOT like the rappers in this group. I don't like this song. The one redeeming quality is that beautiful vocal point.
4/10

Not Over:

I like the whistle opening oddly enough given that I don't like whistling. I think that is where the enjoyment ends sadly...I don't like this song again. The only redeeming quality is the vocals.
3/10

Overall: 4.9/10

Honestly, they need to focus on their vocals and not their cartoonish rapping. Just my personal opinion.

And the one who requested this is @Reo

Reactions: Myco

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
Pronouns
He/Him
I agree with most of what u said, their Earth Age album is tons better, but this album is better than their debut album.

What I really like about all of the songs tho is the vocal line, i think they are always doing a really great job.
Louder is definitely my favorite song of the album as well :sanapray:

Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Future Canadian Hobo
Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
I agree with most of what u said, their Earth Age album is tons better, but this album is better than their debut album.

What I really like about all of the songs tho is the vocal line, i think they are always doing a really great job.
Louder is definitely my favorite song of the album as well :sanapray:
Louder is leagues above the rest in my opinion. But yeah I'm not a fan of the rap line.

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
Pronouns
He/Him
Louder is leagues above the rest in my opinion. But yeah I'm not a fan of the rap line.
You should definitely listen to their earth age mini as well, it's much more vocal focused than rap, I think you would like and rate most of the songs a lot higher than here

Lovely_Cornchips

Future Canadian Hobo
Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
You should definitely listen to their earth age mini as well, it's much more vocal focused than rap, I think you would like and rate most of the songs a lot higher than here
Maybe if you request it lol

• Haha
Reactions Received
LOUDER is definitely a single that was missed out on. Yeah, I agree that rapping sometimes feels forced, especially in KO, OK. Then again, I didn't expect a lot from them when they debuted but they delivered with the mini-album. This time I went with no expectations and I wasn't disappointed. Also, I'm super thankful there are no ballads. PLAYER could be a great material for certain... medicament. I kept these on my playlist:

1614725765799.png

Yeah, they should definitely town it down on aggressiveness and make more things like Spring.

Users who are viewing this thread