COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News Mingyu is innocent - bad translation to blame once again (1 Viewer)

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
ONCE FUCKING AGAIN!
Twitter in a war
People demanding Mingyu be kicked out, over what... A GOD DAMN BAD TRANSLATION ONCE AGAIN

Mingyu got death threats, insults, endless harassment bcs of what.... BECAUSE PEOPLE BELIEVE EVERYTHING THEY READ!

1) Mingyu never sexually harassed ANYONE, some boys in the class were making drawings on the board (not even tageted at the OP) and Mingyu was joking with them.
2) Mingyu was friends with the "bad kids" but he was popular and friends with a LOT of ppl, he never bullied anyone

Holy fuck I hate twitter

eclipsoul

barbie (2023) fan account
Reactions Received
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
i mean i'd rather believe a potential liar than a potential abuser, but sending death threats to him does absolutely nothing to help in this situation. anyway i'm glad it got cleared up and i hope this situation doesn't affect him anymore.

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
i mean i'd rather believe a potential liar than a potential abuser, but sending death threats to him does absolutely nothing to help in this situation. anyway i'm glad it got cleared up and i hope this situation doesn't affect him anymore.
But the thing here is... nobody lied, just bad translations
But if somebody lies about smth like this, it isn't just a lie

It is somebody actively trying to ruin another persons life
That is a LOT more than just a liar

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Actually, nothing has been cleared up, the real translations still implicate Mingyu to a degree, and there has been no statement from Pledis or Mingyu himself since the previous accusation.
True there is still the original accusations, but those are nowhere NEAR as wild and bad as the ones twt was going on about

Basically it looks like to me, he was friends with bullies and was fine making jokes/laughing about sexual things
While definitely apology worthy, I don't think it's cancel or kick out of group worthy

Reactions Received
KS Coins
this actually does not make him look much better tbh....like in my experience people who hang out with bullies and jerks are ones themselves they just hide it better

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
this actually does not make him look much better tbh....like in my experience people who hang out with bullies and jerks are ones themselves they just hide it better
I'm gonna have to disagree here, you are projecting your own experiences onto others.

I know people who I've found to be perfectly normal and agreeable, who hang out with total asses at times.

Bullies and assholes aren't the same to everyone. Not to mention this was in middle school when things like whose mothers know eachother are still important

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm gonna have to disagree here, you are projecting your own experiences onto others.

I know people who I've found to be perfectly normal and agreeable, who hang out with total asses at times.

Bullies and assholes aren't the same to everyone. Not to mention this was in middle school when things like whose mothers know eachother are still important
I guess we are just going to have to disagree on this one. I learned the phrase "judge someone by the company they keep" as a child and it has been a pretty good rule to follow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread