COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News Minneapolis plans to disband police department (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I can see the advantage and disadvantage of this. They could have just cleaned up the police force and imposed strict rules and lessons on discrimination but at the same time, you can never know who is and isn't racist and how they'll behave until they do. But that said, a "community led public safety" program can possibly work with minor cases but how in the world will they be able to deal with bigger cases like assault and even murder? Unless Minneapolis is a crime free state that only deals with minor cases on the regular...

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
Community led public safety, I'm not certain what that means but apparently its been proven to work
As much as I'd love for this to work... I doubt it heavily and my sisters been talking about it too and every time she starts we get back to the question "yea, but why should people care enough?", especially when there are no real rules or anything set in place for this CLPS, Police had this but it was fucked up and they essentially had no reason to actually protect people which is just idiotic... and that part should be changed and so many others but damn I don't think leaving it all on CLPS will do the trick.

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Never in my life would I have thought that they'd disband a police department :welp:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I'm just weirded out by the whole concept. Like sure the police needs serious reforms and maybe it can only be reformed enough if it's first disbanded. But like police as concept is not sth bad and there isn't alternative. I haven't even heard of community led public safety before. What country has it? Every country i know of has police.

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I'm just weirded out by the whole concept. Like sure the police needs serious reforms and maybe it can only be reformed enough if it's first disbanded. But like police as concept is not sth bad and there isn't alternative. I haven't even heard of community led public safety before. What country has it? Every country i know of has police.
Yeah it's a bit :wimwim:

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Now that it's actually been explained to me, I whole heatedly agree with the decision.

They're reallocating the funds the police department would get to other services (like homeless shelters, mental health services, CPS, domestic violence centers, social services etc) that are honestly better equipped to handle these matters in the first place. As well as taking funds and investing it into education, health services, food and business to booster the city which also leads to a sharp drop in crime.

Who handles murders will be interesting to see

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Now that it's actually been explained to me, I whole heatedly agree with the decision.

They're reallocating the funds the police department would get to other services (like homeless shelters, domestic violence centers, social services) that are honestly better equipped to handle these matters in the first place. As well as taking funds and investing it into education, health services, food and business to booster the city which also leads to a sharp drop in crime.

Who handles murders will be interesting to see
What about the violent crimes though? It's true it'll help a lot with a drop in crime but theres always those couple of people who dont care and just want to do harm.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
What about the violent crimes though? It's true it'll help a lot with a drop in crime but theres always those couple of people who dont care and just want to do harm.
Yeah that still needs to be figured out.
I'm sure that they'll come up with a smaller, less funded and reformed version of a law enforcement department.

It's gonna take years to implement.

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Yeah that still needs to be figured out.
I'm sure that they'll come up with a smaller, less funded and reformed version of a law enforcement department.

It's gonna take years to implement.
Yeah as long as they think it through I'm fine with it. I just hope they don't do it too drastically.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread