COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News Momoland's label MLD Entertainment to launch a new global K-Pop boy group, expected to debut simultaneously in Korea, Japan, & the U.S (1 Viewer)

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins

On October 13, Momoland's management label MLD Entertainment confirmed the launch of a new, global K-Pop boy group by the end of 2020.

In fact, the upcoming rookie boy group will be a joint project with global IT company NHN and Sony Music. The group plans on debuting simultaneously in Korea, Japan, and the United States. The members are said to have trained within a rigorous and strategic training system, talented in vocals, rap, performance, producing, as well as various languages.

Earlier this year, MLD Entertainment established a business partnership with the IT company NHN, acquiring an investment of approximately 5 billion KRW (~ 4.4 million USD) for the launch of their new global rookie boy group. NHN is involved in in business areas including games, mobile banking, entertainment, IT, advertisement, and more, looking to expand its potential into the global K-Pop market.

In addition to their partnership with NHN, MLD Entertainment also signed a partnership with American entertainment agency ICN Partners earlier this year in preparation to begin promotional activities in the U.S.

Meanwhile, MLD Entertainment's global K-Pop boy group is expected to debut some time this December.

Source: allkpop

Reactions Received
KS Coins
they cant even treat momoland well what makes them think they can with a boy group... n e ways the boys are prolly gonna be super talented so let me save them rn

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
they cant even treat momoland well what makes them think they can with a boy group... n e ways the boys are prolly gonna be super talented so let me save them rn
I know right? I can't believe they've got that tech company to invest 4M USD after they killed their only successful group!

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
That's quite a chunk to bite. I mean, with MOMOLAND being a mess themselves, I don't see how this will work. Time will tell.
I know right? Out of all the nugu companies to invest in, MLD just seems like a really bad choice, they killed their only successful group in the matter of a year when they were just coming off the back of a HUGE national hit... Like, it's almost impressive how bad of a job they did with Momoland!

kinnie

eep.
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Please don't be a flop like your sister group...
I feel like BTS' influence as a boy group is tempting everyone else to pop out boy groups like babies now.

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Please don't be a flop like your sister group...
I feel like BTS' influence as a boy group is tempting everyone else to pop out boy groups like babies now.
Boy groups have always been the bigger money earners, companies usually use girl groups to build up brand recognition.

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
If I were Sony I would have saved that partnership for a big company with established artist. But good luck.
I get wanting to invest in a new group because then you can have slightly more control but I agree that they should have saved it for a more established company like the Big 4 or even Cube...

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
Reactions Received
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
YOLO
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
,,,,,good luck boys. ya'll are gonna be so cute and talented i bet, i love you already :sanapray: lets hope mld doesn't mess schtick up for them too but at this point who knows.

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
,,,,,good luck boys. ya'll are gonna be so cute and talented i bet, i love you already :sanapray: lets hope mld doesn't mess schtick up for them too but at this point who knows.
I feel like it’s gonna be hard for them to mess this up with all these big partners but then again Momoland was hard to less up too and yet they managed to pull that off so who knows...

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Yeah what happened to Momoland?
MLD basically decided to cut Taeha and Daisy for no apparent reason and then they lost Yeonwoo too because she decided to pursue acting instead so now they're down to six members and their reputation took a huge hit because of the way the company treat the former members...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread