Movie genres you don't like/watch? (1 Viewer)

Yili

♥ Moodzy Nia STAYing In The NCTy ♥
Reactions Received
♥ Protecting Bahiyyih from the dumb dumbs ♥
Website
yiliisme.carrd.co
Fandom
OneStayzen
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
I don't like war movies based on real life stories/events because they remind me of the reality that people had to live in or are still living in.
I usually use movies as an escape from the depressing events that happen around us everyday.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
Ship
I usually don't like gore, as in I watch a lot of horror movies too but I prefer psychological horror/something more atmospheric, cerebral rather than slasher types where there's just a lot of violence and limbs getting cut or torture scenes.

What's weird is I can stomach explicit violence pretty well in other movies- like war, serial killer, thrillers lol but I usually hate movies where that's the main genre.

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
Ship
I don't like really sad movies, why would I want to cry when I have plenty of other reasons? :wimwim:

I usually don't like gore, as in I watch a lot of horror movies too but I prefer psychological horror/something more atmospheric, cerebral rather than slasher types where there's just a lot of violence and limbs getting cut or torture scenes.

What's weird is I can stomach explicit violence pretty well in other movies- like war, serial killer, thrillers lol but I usually hate movies where that's the main genre.
These too, I prefer horrors with ghosts and stuff, but I don't like the ones with a lot of blood and violence. I like to snack during movies :lisalaugh:

Yili

Reactions Received
Website
yiliisme.carrd.co
Fandom
OneStayzen
Pronouns
she/her
Ship

i'm guessing you're a big fan of the SAW series then :susPepe::pepesmug::rosesmug:

eclipsoul

KS' #1 The Chaser enthusiast
Reactions Received
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
this is probably way too specific but i tend to avoid tear-jerker dramas where the whole story revolves around a character who has some kind of terminal illness, which ends up being portrayed inaccurately anyway. i don't like war movies or many action movies either but this trope is what i hate the most. in fact i wrote a very long post on why i hate this so much in this thread. Discussion - Mass Media Tropes
not that i expect anyone to read it, i just want to show that i hate it to the point where i'm willing to write a whole essay to explain why

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
Ship
Hmmm I used to be the same but then I watched 1917 and I think it's one of my favorite movies. So I no longer know-maybe documentaries???
1917 is so good :sj_weary:
War movies are some of my fav when done well- 1917, Dunkirk, Saving Private Ryan.
I hate when they become melodramatic af tho- Pearl Harbor :nayeonisdone:

eclipsoul

Reactions Received
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
Hmmm I used to be the same but then I watched 1917 and I think it's one of my favorite movies. So I no longer know-maybe documentaries???
1917 was amazing <3

Lovely_Cornchips

Future Canadian Hobo
Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
1917 is so good :sj_weary:
War movies are some of my fav when done well- 1917, Dunkirk, Saving Private Ryan.
I hate when they become melodramatic af tho- Pearl Harbor :nayeonisdone:
I haven't watched many but 1917 was done beautiful the cinematography and the music was just amazing.

Yili

Reactions Received
Website
yiliisme.carrd.co
Fandom
OneStayzen
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
1917 is an exception to my usual aversion for them, i am too intrigued about it so i am going to watch it sooner than later

• Love
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Future Canadian Hobo
Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
1917 is an exception to my usual aversion for them, i am too intrigued about it so i am going to watch it sooner than later
You absolutely need to the cinematography is something else entirely I adore it.

• Love
Reactions: OnlyCalB and Yili

eclipsoul

Reactions Received
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
It seriously was one of my favorite newer movies alongside Parasite (I know cliche)
not really cliche, i fully agree with you. both are such great movies. parasite became one of my favourite movies ever since i saw it the first time in september 2019. i went to see 1917 in theaters three times and even though war movies are not my thing either it's an experience i won't forget for a long time :sanapray:

Tickita

𝕄𝕞𝕞𝕙 𝕄𝕞𝕞𝕙. 🌹
Reactions Received
Website
tickita.carrd.co
Fandom
KingCassie
Pronouns
she, her, auntie
Horror. Not really into "comedy" anymore, either

Reactions: Yili and OnlyCalB

OnlyCalB

GG Trash / Roulette Team
Reactions Received
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I avoid the tear-jerker movies and Horror movies. Most Horror's just seem to be way to similar and boring to me lol.

I watch movies for escapism so I love action, fantasy and sci-fi movies etc. Why would I watch a film that will make me cry, you know?
:lisalaugh:

Reactions: Yili

Users who are viewing this thread