News Naya Rivera missing, authorities stop searching after just 6 hours (1 Viewer)

NeoSquare

Taeyong fluffles
Reaction score
Ship
Glee star Naya Rivera went missing after renting a boat and going on a boat trip on a lake with her 4 year old son.
After 3 hours, the boy was found asleep in the boat, alone.
He told officials that he went swimming with his mom but his mom did not come back to the boat.
The police stopped searching after only 6 hours.
The first 72 hours are the most important when looking for a missing person. She was reportedly a competent swimmer.
The authorities say they are currently looking for a body rather than a missing person.

I hope she's found alive and well and gets to be reunited with her son

1594289279798.png

vogue

🌈 ❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reaction score
loonaverse into the buddy hole & flover garden ღ
Ship
Wreck
    • Administrator
    • Awards Team
    • Press Team
oh god .... I hope she is found.

NeoSquare

Taeyong fluffles
Reaction score
Ship
wth why would they do that....... I hope she will be okay and reunited with her little one :(
"it's unsafe for them to search at night"
So basically US police don't care about you when they need to sleep

raymondchouku

Rookie
Reaction score
Ship
To be honest, the fact that her kid was found alone on a boat really shows only a couple possibilities: (1) she was kidnapped (2) she's dead... Although she could have been kidnapped and then murdered of course, but I digress.

Reo

Ace of Hearts
Reaction score
She was my favorite on Glee, she just seemed to have got settled as a mom and got her life in a good direction after what happened with her ex-husband.

I still hope they find her alive but reading other comments over on reddit it's a very slim chance since that lake apparently has underwater cliffs and other dangerous chances to get injured with.

Can't imagine what the boy must've gone through waiting for his mom only to fall asleep within these 3 hours.

NeoSquare

Taeyong fluffles
Reaction score
Ship
To be honest, the fact that her kid was found alone on a boat really shows only a couple possibilities: (1) she was kidnapped (2) she's dead... Although she could have been kidnapped and then murdered of course, but I digress.
some say she could'v been disoriented and maybe went ashore or something
idk if the area has houses surrounding the lake

NeoSquare

Taeyong fluffles
Reaction score
Ship
Basically unless you are a kid, there is evidence of a crime, or a diagnosed mental patient. The cops have better things to do that chase down random adults who do not want to be found.
The kid is safe.
no crime mentioned.

Actually if found she could be charged with child abandonment/endangerment if she just wandered off. You cant leave a pet/or a kid in a car boat probably the same thing.

Either way CPS is getting involved.
honestly, I find your comment disgusting. Every person deserves to be found even if they wandered off to know they're safe. THAT is what cops are supposed to do: serve & protect the people.
Her son said they both went for a swim and never came back to the surface and you are here saying she should be charged?
This woman could've been drowned, this kid might have lost his mom and you say "she doesn't want to be found and the cops shouldn't bother?"

raymondchouku

Rookie
Reaction score
Ship
some say she could'v been disoriented and maybe went ashore or something
idk if the area has houses surrounding the lake
If this happened and she made it to shore, I would imagine she was drugged by another or hit her head on a large surface such as a rock or bolder then she would be bleeding I presume. I wouldn't say there was something in the water that could cause disorientation because her son was swimming with her and he would have had the same reaction. However, there may (and this is unlikely) could be a chemical reaction where a substance in the water triggered a reaction only in her via a genetic marker that was not passed on to her son.. If she were badly injured and disoriented, I wonder if she could get back to shore, but that would depend on how deep they were in the water.

And I do hope she's okay. I didn't really watch glee, but she's a human being and I hope she's okay.

Jakey_Yoda

Stan Treasure!
Reaction score
I knew as soon as I saw her name trending this morning something bad must’ve happened to her. It’s always the same with the Glee cast unfortunately, Ryan Murphy calls it his “cursed show” because of all the bad things that happened with the cast.

I know that they are presuming her dead right nowbut part of me is hoping they’ll find her unconscious somewhere and she’ll be safe even if it is unlikely...

Reo

Ace of Hearts
Reaction score
I knew as soon as I saw her name trending this morning something bad must’ve happened to her. It’s always the same with the Glee cast unfortunately, Ryan Murphy calls it his “cursed show” because of all the bad things that happened with the cast.

I know that they are presuming her dead right nowbut part of me is hoping they’ll find her unconscious somewhere and she’ll be safe even if it is unlikely...
I just read that her car vanished as well so just what the hell is going on

Reactions: Queen and NeoSquare

NeoSquare

Taeyong fluffles
Reaction score
Ship
I saw it on reddit when I posted the comment, the comment was pretty recent but had a quite a few up votes, I haven't checked myself how far the case got updated
no, True Crime Community think it's strange. Her truck was apparently hastily parked and she forgot her phone and purse in that truck. Some think it might be kidnapping cuz how can the son swim and then get in the boat? They also say his response was too difficult/detailed for a 4-year old but idk. I think a 4-year old can say "Mommy went swimming but didn't return". They want the footage to be released from the boat rental place

Reactions: Reo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)