COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News New Higurashi no Naku Koro ni out this summer (1 Viewer)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
source: New 'Higurashi no Naku Koro ni' TV Anime Debuts in Summer 2020

Original run of Higurashi: When they cry was released 2006 by studio DEEN with two seasons. This new anime appears to be a remake for the original and it's being animated by studio Passionate. The old cast of the voice actor will reprise their roles. The release doesn't have date yet, but is happening somewhere in July.

The franchise is based on psychological horror visual novel, and the original series was rather gory. It reminds to be seen if the new one will match the horror aspects without censoring or diluting them down.

Trailer below:

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I had no idea that they were gonna remake Higurashi. I enjoyed watching it a few years so I'm definitely looking forward to this

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I had no idea that they were gonna remake Higurashi. I enjoyed watching it a few years so I'm definitely looking forward to this
I was surprised too, I haven't heard about it in ages :jisoosmh: I'm not sure what to think of the new animation style though, I kinda like the bleak colors of the old

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I was surprised too, I haven't heard about it in ages :jisoosmh: I'm not sure what to think of the new animation style though, I kinda like the bleak colors of the old
Yeah it's been so long since I've heard about it too

I'm not sure what to think of new animation style either. Maybe it's because I'm used to the original style? But either way I'll still give the remake a chance

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
I like horror but I'm not that big on most anime horrors just cause Tokyo Ghoul is essentially the only one that made me interested enough to watch. The rest are just over the top gore... I feel uncomfortable watching it. :rosesmug:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I like horror but I'm not that big on most anime horrors just cause Tokyo Ghoul is essentially the only one that made me interested enough to watch. The rest are just over the top gore... I feel uncomfortable watching it. :rosesmug:
Higurashi is definitely over the top gore. But if i want to see sth that isn't as gorey, The Promised Neverland is pretty good horror series.

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
These novels are difficult to adapt.

They did a good job on the first season besides the poor animation though, problem was more with the sequels.

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
Higurashi is definitely over the top gore. But if i want to see sth that isn't as gorey, The Promised Neverland is pretty good horror series.
Oh yeee I might watch that too... one day... lol

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Oh I actually was into the OG Higurashi and it still holds up :nakypog:

Idk how this new one will be, but if it's like the Hunter x Hunter 2011 version which was a great remake, then I'm all in :sj_weary:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
These novels are difficult to adapt.

They did a good job on the first season besides the poor animation though, problem was more with the sequels.
I hope they do it justice this time. No need for remakes if they aren't going to improve the first adaption.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I am not a huge fan of physiological horror genre and the only one I’ve watched was parayste with my boyfriend a few years back.
But the trailer looks good thou ^^
Tbh, i'm not usually either. I prefer psychological thrillers over horror.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread