Non-religious users of KPS, what questions do you have about religious people? (1 Viewer)

noir

Trainee
Reactions Received
why do you believe what you believe and what brought you to it?
It’s in my family
I really didn’t have a say or anything
But I don’t really mind being in my religion at all 🤷‍♀️

Jimimis

Star
Reactions Received
Fandom
ARMY
Ship
Why can’t muslim women just wear wigs

Chahee

Hello Counselor Chahee
Reactions Received
Fandom
Igloonics
How do i restore my faith in humans?

Jimimis

Star
Reactions Received
Fandom
ARMY
Ship
Reactions Received
I mean that you won’t shame others for practicing a different religion
Oh well definitely not then. But it's like, as a Christian I accept God as the only true God and I am not allowed to accept any other beliefs besides that in the bible or should I say contradict the scriptures, but jesus taught to love and respect all people so shaming them would be against that. Just didnt know what accepting meant here. xD

Chahee

Hello Counselor Chahee
Reactions Received
Fandom
Igloonics
It's terrible. Though it's not my faith at all, it was still having so much impactful cultural preservation and artwork. I think that if something has historical value and cultural significance, that encapsulates a lot really about the people of this earth and it's important of course. I really am upset. I'm also upset that on some online networks (BuzzFeed) they are distracting from the tragedy to say that people of my faith are "actually" the victim. In situations like these, social politics need to be forgotten. Especially that was only a day after the fire. Like it's terrible what some people say but don't join in in the commotion that distracts. It's not appropriate.
In my country People are complaining because some are donating for the cathedral repair instead of the national Museum

Ppl here are so dumb, they love trying to spend someone else's money

iAbad

Trainee
Reactions Received
Why can’t muslim women just wear wigs
Not a very religious person here but :pepeheart:

As I see it, what you’re suggesting is possibly an example of obeying the letter of a law but not its spirit.

The teaching is for a Muslim woman to cover her hair with a garment. Now what you’re asking can be an example of following the letter/text of a religion but not its spirit/intent behind the teaching. Meaning, when you’re a practicing person of a certain religion, you are required to follow its teaching with understanding and knowledge rather than just following it blindly.

So, it is also required that you understand the rationale or thought behind a particular teaching. The rationale of Hijab, like many other practices, can be interpreted in many different ways. A common interpretation of hijab is it being a way of modesty, of covering that which is ornamental, of having control of what to allow be seen. Wearing a wig as away to work around the teaching defeats the purpose because it’s doesn’t fulfill any of the mentioned intentions behind the teaching itself.

Ofc this is all my view of it, hope it makes sense :maheart:

Reactions Received
Do you follow your religion's scripture literally? Why or why not?

If not, who decides how to interpret it? Do you yourself do that or?

If you've been religious since birth, have you ever questioned your religion and the reasons you believe what you believe? Do you think you would be religious if your family/community wasn't?

Random but, how do you view the amish, mormons, mennonites and/or jehovah's witnesses? Are they looked upon as weird or?

Do you also believe in the supernatural?

Sorry if these are stupid questions ;-;

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
Ship
Reactions: Suzy

Users who are viewing this thread