Appreciation Obscure Music Genres - #17 - Trance. (1 Viewer)

la_mort_pour_vous

Try To Make Yourself A Work Of Art
Reactions Received
A Singularity in the 3C 75 Black Hole System
Ship
Trance is a genre of electronic music that emerged in the late 1980s & early 1990s in Great Britain, Germany, & Goa, India.
It characterized by a tempo lying between 110–150 BPM repeating melodic phrases and a musical form that distinctly builds tension and elements throughout a track often culminating in 1 to 2 "peaks" or "drops".
A trance is a state of hypnotism and heightened consciousness. This is portrayed in trance music by the mixing of layers with distinctly foreshadowed build-up and release. A common characteristic of trance music is a mid-song climax followed by a soft breakdown disposing of beats and percussion entirely, leaving the melody or atmospherics to stand alone for an extended period before gradually building up again. Trance tracks are often lengthy to allow for such progression and commonly have sufficiently sparse opening and closing sections to facilitate mixing by DJs.
Trance is mostly instrumental, although vocals can be mixed in: typically they are performed by mezzo-soprano to soprano female soloists, often without a traditional verse/chorus structure. Structured vocal form in trance music forms the basis of the vocal trance subgenre, which has been described as "grand, soaring, and operatic" and "ethereal female leads floating amongst the synths".

Best hours for listening to the genre : Contemplative hours.

Notable subgenres & derivatives : acid trance, classic trance, progressive trance.

Tags: @igloo @Skinnny @Drug.

la_mort_pour_vous

Reactions Received
Ship
i liked the Yukari one:)
Did you just skim through them? Bless. :sanapray:
I recommend too many at once in these threads, so it can get a little overbearing.
And the Yukari one is one of my favOriTes. It is so calming & you just lose yourself into it, it's poignant & is reminiscent of discrepancy between people's emotions.
"Hang on" - it could very well be a message to those who are lost & suicidal.

Reactions Received
Fandom
ATINY
Wreck
Did you just skim through them? Bless. :sanapray:
I recommend too many at once in these threads, so it can get a little overbearing.
And the Yukari one is one of my favOriTes. It is so calming & you just lose yourself into it, it's poignant & is reminiscent of discrepancy between people's emotions.
"Hang on" - it could very well be a message to those who are lost & suicidal.
yes! And yes i just skimmed through lol

la_mort_pour_vous

Reactions Received
Ship
Reactions: Skinnny and igloo

Users who are viewing this thread