COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Solo [Official] Min Yoongi 민윤기 :] Artist Thread 🏗️🛠️ (1 Viewer)

Is Suga your bias?

• Yes! He's my ultimate bias!

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Yes, but he isn't my ultimate bias.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Not really...

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • He's ok...

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I don't like him.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

seoriverse

piece of me, piece of mind
Reactions Received
Website
iluvseori.com
KS Coins
Fandom
loonarmy seoro
Pronouns
she/her
Wreck
A thread dedicated to the genius of the k-industry!

~ MIN YOONGI ~
1665954320021.png

Stage Name: Suga (슈가)
Full Name: Min Yoon Gi (민윤기)
Position: Lead Rapper
Birthday: March 9, 1993
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Height: 1,74 m (5’8.5″)
Blood Type: O
Birthplace: Buk-gu, Daegu
Flag: South Korea on Twitter Twemoji 14.0

Family: Dad, mom, older brother
Hobbies: He likes playing guitar or working on new songs!
Suga’s Spotify list: SUGA's Favorite Tracks

Suga's personal Instagram:@agustd

Suga facts:
🚧👷🏗

Other members about Suga:
Jin: “He likes being attached to his bed. He has a variety of knowledge and always gives help with that knowledge. I’m fascinated as to where he gets that weird knowledge from.

J-Hope: “Is cool. His personality is quite strong on his own thoughts. Pretends not to care when he does. Seems like he’s all over the place, but is quite careful. That kind of personality. (Ah!! Personailty where he only just shows strength ㅋㅋ)”

V: “He really has a lot of knowledge. He’s quite cool on stage. Cool and amazing. No answer to him being lethargic.”

Jeongguk (Jungkook): “He’s like a grandpa. But his passion towards music is overflooding. He also has a lot of knowledge. But he’s still a grandpa.”

Rap Monster: “Lingers on things more than you would think. He’s really timid once you get to know him. Full of random information. Grandpa. Although he seems cool – never… no no… Wants to be loved. Likes music. Has passion and stubbornness. Says what he wants to and can say everything well in front. Has style.”

Jimin: “He talks too much in front of you. He doesn’t hesitate, and although this is my personal thoughts, he likes being loved by the members ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ”

Cute Yoongi is loved dearly by all his members!

and he loves them just as much 💖

Last edited:

seoriverse

piece of me, piece of mind
Reactions Received
Website
iluvseori.com
KS Coins
Fandom
loonarmy seoro
Pronouns
she/her
Wreck
Discography & History
Min Yoongi is known professionnally under many name and aliases each one representing different parts of his life and career as a musician.

Gloss: D-Town team (2010-2013)
Yoongi started using Gloss at a really young age, before even joining Big Hit as a trainee. He chose this name because the "Yoon" part of his name translates to "Gloss" in english. It is the same name he used while being part of his town's rap team: D-Town. The "D" for Daegu, obviously. At the time he joined, the group had already been formed for a year and he was seventeen years-old. In May 2010, a song he produced, "518-062", is uploaded on PANN. However, he isn't the one rapping on this track. It's his fellow D-Town member Nakshun talking about the democratic uprising of Gwangju in 1980. In July 2010, he's a again with his D-Town members, this time on a track called “인생의 진리지(The Truth of Life).” Each members produced a beat and Yoongi worked on mixing it. Yoongi also wrote the lyrics of his rap part.
Glossso fresh G's in the building내랩을 들으면 느끼는 신선한 feeling인생의 진리? you know나는 몰라 근데 윤호는 알어그 꼬라지 보면 눈을 감어이씬은 여유롭지 않어니가 쉽게 디딜만큼 쉽지 않어free style new style 그딴거 필요없지G's new style 그게 바로 인생의 진리지
Here,“So fresh G’s in the building.”, is like a producer tag or way of announcing his verse like he still does with his whispered "Suga".
You can also see clips of Gloss performing in
D-Town's promotional video for their "D-Town Vol 2" concert.
His first appearance at Big Hit was at the Hit It! Auditions for Bangtan in August 2010. The auditioners had four songs to choose from and Yoongi chose "Seventeen" but he modified the beat which can be heard when comparing
his performance to Namjoon's who picked "Seventeen" too. The finals arrived in October where he lost in the last round agaisnt rapper I11evn. A video of the event is still up on YouTube, Yoongi is the second one rapping. Despite loosing, Big Hit still took him in for his producing skills. He moved to Seoul on November 7th, 2010 and to the Big Hit's dorms on November 13th. There, he re-recorded the songs in from his rap battle with I11evn "Swagger" and "Diss" slightly modifying the lyrics of "Diss" from saying it's obvious he will win to "But I lost. Damn."
He also had produced another beat in the summer of 2010 for another Daegu underground rapper "Reflow". The song, called "Who Am I", was only in September 2011 on Reflow's mixtape "Represent". However, he is credited as Min Yoongi here and not Gloss (possibly because he is now working for Big Hit). Only audio files available of this song is the
remix featuring rapper Basick, the live performance was deleted from YouTube.
In August 2011, it's his first release with Bangtan! Well, more like what was left of it. Most of the older members had left by now which means only Hoseok & Namjoon rap alongside Yoongi. In a way, it could also be considered BTS' first rapline song. The song is called
"Paldogangsan" also known as "Satoori Rap". Sounds familiar? They re-recorded and modified this song after their debut to include all the new members and it was released on their second album "O!RUL82?"
The next few years were spent preparing for his debut in BTS or B.P.B (Bullet Proof Boys) as they called themselved at the time.

Suga: debut in BTS & work as a producer (2013-Today)

Agust D: mixtapes (2016-Today)

Song name & Artists
Yoongi's contribution to the track
Release date
518-062 rapped by Nackshun
producing
May 2010
인생의 진리지(The Truth of Life) rapped by Lucid P, The Smile & Gloss
producing, mixing, writing, performing
July 2010
Swagger rapped by Gloss
writing, performing
October 2010
Diss rapped by Gloss
writing, performing
October 2010
Who Am I rapped by Reflow
producing
September 2011
🏗🚧👷

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
BTS Army rallies behind Suga after South Korean netizens mock K-pop star’s weight gain.
  • BTS member Suga was accused of ‘not looking like an idol’ after pictures of his apparent weight gain surfaced online
  • Fans took to Twitter to post pictures and comments praising his looks and talent, saying he is perfect as he is
The loyal BTS fan base BTS Army has found a creative way to defend and support one of its beloved K-pop idols after an online backlash over his apparent weight gain.

#YoongiWeLoveYou is trending worldwide on Twitter after BTS member Suga was accused of “not looking like an idol”.
https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/east...at-and-tears-k-pop-band-bts-praised-heat-rash
On August 12, netizens started commenting on photos posted on Nate, a Korean website, which appeared to show that the 26-year-old band member had put on some weight.
Trending #3 Worldwide as of right now, ARMYs will always defend all members
#YoongiWeLoveYou

pic.twitter.com/WlDD8yCrEN
— Prod. Suga || BTSxTXT ~ (@cypher_suga2)
August 13, 2019
The Army considered the negative comments unacceptable and quickly took to Twitter to support Suga, whose real name is Min Yoongi.
Thousands of BTS fans posted photos and captions praising the Korean celebrity’s looks and talent, using the hashtag YoongiWeLoveYou.

Korean beauty standards are largely influenced by the physical appearance of K-pop idols, actors and TV personalities. Most Korean media stars appear to be slim, with pale and perfectly smooth skin, V-shaped faces and large eyes, which creates a “checklist” for other idols. And celebrities who do not match the criteria are usually criticised by k-netizens.
One tweet shows a compilation of four photos of Suga smiling during a performance, captioned with:
we’ll always love you, yoongiii~~~ please stay happy and healthy~~~
pic.twitter.com/B6Zj42aDpI
— please respect bts during their break ︎ (@lil_bangtan)
August 13, 2019
Another tweet reads: “Min yoongi, do not you ever try to change yourself just to please others because you are perfect just the way you are ” , while the third tweet with photos of Yoongi states:
Just look at him. He’s ETHEREAL.
#YoongiWeLoveYou
pic.twitter.com/9gWnCSN4nb
— 민 (@yoongistellar)
August 13, 2019
The fan base is so powerful that the tweets started trending worldwide even though BTS is on a break after a busy year of launching new music and touring.
“I just woke up and see this # trending, haters our boys and their beloved armys are on deserved holiday until Oct 11th. Please kindly refrain from engaging us this time,” one tweet read.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
BTS Army rallies behind Suga after South Korean netizens mock K-pop star’s weight gain.

• BTS member Suga was accused of ‘not looking like an idol’ after pictures of his apparent weight gain surfaced online
  • Fans took to Twitter to post pictures and comments praising his looks and talent, saying he is perfect as he is
The loyal BTS fan base BTS Army has found a creative way to defend and support one of its beloved K-pop idols after an online backlash over his apparent weight gain.

#YoongiWeLoveYou is trending worldwide on Twitter after BTS member Suga was accused of “not looking like an idol”.
BTS praised for heat rash admission, criticised over Saudi Arabia show
On August 12, netizens started commenting on photos posted on Nate, a Korean website, which appeared to show that the 26-year-old band member had put on some weight.

The Army considered the negative comments unacceptable and quickly took to Twitter to support Suga, whose real name is Min Yoongi.
Thousands of BTS fans posted photos and captions praising the Korean celebrity’s looks and talent, using the hashtag YoongiWeLoveYou.

Korean beauty standards are largely influenced by the physical appearance of K-pop idols, actors and TV personalities. Most Korean media stars appear to be slim, with pale and perfectly smooth skin, V-shaped faces and large eyes, which creates a “checklist” for other idols. And celebrities who do not match the criteria are usually criticised by k-netizens.
One tweet shows a compilation of four photos of Suga smiling during a performance, captioned with:

Another tweet reads: “Min yoongi, do not you ever try to change yourself just to please others because you are perfect just the way you are ” , while the third tweet with photos of Yoongi states:

The fan base is so powerful that the tweets started trending worldwide even though BTS is on a break after a busy year of launching new music and touring.
“I just woke up and see this # trending, haters our boys and their beloved armys are on deserved holiday until Oct 11th. Please kindly refrain from engaging us this time,” one tweet read.

@Wingfrost

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
Halsey Shares 'Finally' & Evocative 'Suga's Interlude' Featuring BTS's Suga: Stream It Now
Ahead of her upcoming Manic album, Halsey shared “SUGA’s Interlude,” an evocative 2-minute-long song with the BTS member, today (Dec. 6).
An ambient, lilting tune, "SUGA's Interlude" features Halsey and Suga pairing off as they reflect on the difficulties of achieving their goals and dreams.
“I've been trying all my life/ to separate the time in between the having it all and giving it up," sings Halsey melodically in the refrain over ambient synths. “I wonder what’s in store if I don’t love it anymore.”

"Though I, full of dreams, grew to achieve all my dreams," ruminates Suga, as per fan translation. "I live out my days with the parallel belief that dreams are in fact better when just kept as dreams/That my leap would not be my fall/ I trust that your convictions, efforts, faith, and greed are not filthy things."
Fans quickly pointed out the similarity between one line from the rapper and those from the Suga-penned “Tomorrow” off of BTS' 2014 album Skool Luv Affair. In the new song, he says, "The dawn before the sun rises is darker than anything but don’t ever forget that the stars you want only rise in the darkness," paralleling "Tomorrow"'s, "Because the dawn right before the sunrise is the darkest, you, in the future, never forget yourself of now."
Because the dawn right before the sunrise is the darkest, you, in the future, never forget yourself of now
- Tomorrow

The dawn before the sun rises is darker than anything but don’t ever forget that the stars you want only rise in the darkness
- #SUGAsInterlude #HALSEYxSUGA
— bora ✈ jingle ball soon (@modooborahae) December 6, 2019
Following the release of “SUGA’s Interlude,” a variety of hashtags related to the release trended worldwide.
Manic is set to be released in full on Jan. 17. In the meantime, take a listen to "SUGA's Interlude" below.

@Wingfrost

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I remember seeing that a while ago on other kpop news sites and just couldn’t wrap my head on why people were saying that about him. Even if Suga or any other idol gains a little bit of weight I never understand the bashing that comes with it. He’s always looked handsome and healthy in my eyes. I wish people weren’t so quick to judge others.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
I remember seeing that a while ago on other kpop news sites and just couldn’t wrap my head on why people were saying that about him. Even if Suga or any other idol gains a little bit of weight I never understand the bashing that comes with it. He’s always looked handsome and healthy in my eyes. I wish people weren’t so quick to judge others.
I know! Plus he knows that he needed to gain a bit of weight to stay healthy.
Over the years, people have noticed is constant weight gain and loss and brought it to his attention.

They just need to get over themselves and look at the talent.

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I know! Plus he knows that he needed to gain a bit of weight to stay healthy.
Over the years, people have noticed is constant weight gain and loss and brought it to his attention.

They just need to get over themselves and look at the talent.
Exactly :bigcatclap:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
2013 (DEBUT):

2 COOL 4 SKOOL-

ARTIST: BTS
SONG: "Path"
ALBUM: 2 Cool 4 Skool
CREDITED [LYRICS]: YES [WITH RAP MONSTER, J-HOPE, "HITMAN" BANG, PDOGG]
CREDITED [PRODUCTION]: YES [WITH RAP MONSTER, J-HOPE, "HITMAN" BANG, PDOGG]

2010 (PRE-DEBUT):
ARTIST: D-Town
SONG: "518-062"
ALBUM: N/A [SINGLE]
CREDITED [LYRICS]: NO
CREDITED [PRODUCTION]: YES

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013 (DEBUT):

2 COOL 4 SKOOL-

ARTIST: RAP MONSTER, SUGA, & JIN
SONG: "Adult Child"
ALBUM: N/A [SINGLE]
CREDITED [LYRICS]: YES [WITH RAP MONSTER]
CREDITED [PRODUCTION]: NO
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SONG: "We Are Bulletproof Pt. 2"
CREDITED [LYRICS]: YES [WITH PDOGG, "HITMAN" BANG, SUPREME BOI, RAP MONSTER]
SONG: "Outro: Circle Room Cypher"
CREDITED [LYRICS]: YES [WITH RAP MONSTER, J-HOPE, V, JIMIN, JUNGKOOK, JIN, PDOGG]
SONG: "I Like It"
CREDITED [LYRICS]: YES [WITH SLOW RABBIT, J-HOPE, RAP MONSTER]
SONG: "No More Dream"
CREDITED [LYRICS]: YES [WITH SUPREME BOI, J-HOPE, RAP MONSTER, "HITMAN" BANG, PDOGG]
SONG: "Path"
CREDITED [LYRICS]: YES [WITH RAP MONSTER, J-HOPE, "HITMAN" BANG, PDOGG]
CREDITED [PRODUCTION]: YES [WITH RAP MONSTER, J-HOPE, "HITMAN" BANG, PDOGG]

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Updated. Only Pre-Debut to Debut years. Not all albums included. Still under construction.

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
A true squish :taesquish:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread