COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Mashup 💿🎶Official rave.dj Mashup Contest: Rules & Tips [Updated 04/07/22] (1 Viewer)

Tickita

♦️🍰♥️
Reactions Received
Website
tickittaa.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
KingCassie
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
Mashup Contest Rules Thread.png

Welcome to the KS rave.dj Mashup Contest! Create a mashup based on a theme, vote for your favorites, and win a prize!

This is only the rules thread. If you want to be notified when competitions are posted, please comment!

--------------------------------------------------------------
Past Contests
January '22

Official Rules

1. Follow official Event Rules.

2. You can only use rave.dj to make your mashup. Only one mashup per user can be submitted.
At least one of your songs must be in Korean.
Keep it PG-13 or less.

3. The same song can be used in up to 2 contestants’ mashups. If a third person ends up choosing the same song, they will have to resubmit.

4. You can change your entry before the deadline. You are only allowed to change your submission TWICE.
If you change your submission:
(1) Keep your submission post (don't delete!), and add "Resubmitted"
(2) Make a new post for your new submission and tag me.
If your submission was denied, it still counts as an entry. Ex. If your original gets denied, you now have only two chances left to submit.
Resubmissions are final. You are not able to go back to a previous entry after changing. Make sure you're satisfied with the change.

5. Mashups that are already in the system are not allowed (*explained in “Tips” section). There are tons of songs to choose from. Get creative.

6. When voting, you cannot vote for your own submission.

7. Only official mashups are to be posted in the contest thread. Other mashups that aren't entries can be posted in this thread, or RainbowDevil's Other Songs thread. Or make a thread.

~ The host is allowed to participate. An extra rule for them is that they are not allowed to work on their entry until the official contest theme is announced to all of KS. ~

If there's ever a contest where a rule does not apply, it will be pointed out in the actual thread for that particular contest.

How to Get Disqualified

- Have your third attempt at a submission be denied.

- Be disrespectful.
This is supposed to be fun. Everyone wants to win, and everyone's entitled to their own opinions about their own mashup and others. Keep any disrespect to yourself.

- Be negative or defensive, or have a superior attitude if the voting results do not turn out how you intended.
(This is after the contest is finished of course, so this means you are disqualified from participating in the next one. This will only last 1 missed competition.)

- Bash anything dealing with the contest.

How to Submit Your Mashup

You will submit your mashup in the official contest thread that contains official dates, prizes, etc. Use this form to submit your mashup:
Username:
Type of Submission: (original submission/resubmission 1/resubmission 2)
Mashup Name*:
Song 1: (Title) by (Artist)
Song 2: (Title) by (Artist)
Link to mashup:
Lyrics**: [put in spoiler or link to lyrics]
*rave.dj generates a name for your mashup, but you don’t have to go by the name that the system creates. Make a new one in the form if you want.
**If one of your songs is not in Korean or English, an English translation is required in your submission. I usually look up Korean lyrics myself, so I won't require it for those.

Your submission will be either one of the three:

1. Accepted via post reply
No PM, no problem.

2. Pending, with reasons and an opportunity to rectify an issue/prove that the entry should be accepted, via post reply
Usually problems such as you didn't provide lyrics or one of your songs don't seem relevant to the theme. Usually.

3. Denied, with an opportunity to prove that the entry should be accepted, via post reply
Usually because your entry just doesn't match the theme.

If you are unable to move from Pending/Denied to Accepted, you will have to resubmit a new entry. Unless that was your last try.

rave.dj Tips
How to use: Put in (2) songs (Youtube videos), and the AI will put them together as a mashup for you -- that's all. :sakUwu:

- Practice. Your first mashup may not be your best, unless the AI secretly loves you. The more you practice, the better you'll get.

- *Mashups that are already in the system do not have a loading screen. If a mashup has never been made before, a loading screen should pop up. For example, below is a screenshot of me randomly making a new mashup.

If these screens do not appear when you press “Create Mashup,” that means the mashup was made by someone else, and the system just went and retrieved what’s already been made.

As mentioned before, mashups already in the system are not allowed.

Good luck! Happy Raving!

rave.dj

Last edited:

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
💡 Lightbulb
Ship
Please tag me when you guys start the competition! This sounds like fun

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
ok, I have tried this, but can I like tune down one song and let play the other or is that all that the website does so I just have to choose the songs more wisely? because I remember doing mixes on a site where you could add some effects etc., but that was like 13 years ago :D.
anyway it all sounds fun and a really good idea.

Tickita

♦️🍰♥️
Reactions Received
Website
tickittaa.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
KingCassie
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
I tried this some days ago when you posted the one ONF + MJ one but mine sucked so hard i gave up :wimwim:
If at first you don't succeed....

Tickita

♦️🍰♥️
Reactions Received
Website
tickittaa.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
KingCassie
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
ok, I have tried this, but can I like tune down one song and let play the other or is that all that the website does so I just have to choose the songs more wisely? because I remember doing mixes on a site where you could add some effects etc., but that was like 13 years ago :D.
anyway it all sounds fun and a really good idea.

No, all you can do is put in two songs and hope for the best. The more you do it, the better you get at making decisions on songs

Tickita

♦️🍰♥️
Reactions Received
Website
tickittaa.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
KingCassie
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
@brekker Also I just listened to your mashup and it sounds really good. I see what you mean by volume. It usually makes the sound lower for the song who's MV clips you aren't currently seeing. If that makes sense. Then when that song's video is being shown on the screen, its volume goes up and the other song's volume goes down.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
@brekker Also I just listened to your mashup and it sounds really good. I see what you mean by volume. It usually makes the sound lower for the song who's MV clips you aren't currently seeing. If that makes sense. Then when that song's video is being shown on the screen, its volume goes up and the other song's volume goes down.
got it, it´s ok. I´ll participate for the sake of participating :). let me know when I can enter, please!

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
@Tickita can I send you the link already? because I´ve tried two songs and it sounds pretty good to me :D.

Tickita

♦️🍰♥️
Reactions Received
Website
tickittaa.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
KingCassie
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
@Tickita can I send you the link already? because I´ve tried two songs and it sounds pretty good to me :D.
You mean as practice? Because we haven't announced the competition yet

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
You mean as practice? Because we haven't announced the competition yet
aayyyeee, I´ve got it all wrong. I´ll wait then!

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck

Tickita

♦️🍰♥️
Reactions Received
Website
tickittaa.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
KingCassie
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
@Tickita thoughts on this one? it's my first, i think it's decent but the tempos are a bit off that's mostly it
This is good! The AI still managed to make it work, and the sped up song isn't crazy. I never heard these songs, but I enjoyed this mashup.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread