COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Group [Official] Red Velvet Thread 레드벨벳 レッドベルベット (6 Viewers)

Who is your bias in Red Velvet?

• Irene

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • Seulgi

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • Wendy

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • Joy

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Yeri

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • OT5

Votes: 30 31.9%

• Total voters

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Reveluv, Sone

Excerpt:

April 5 - Wendy - Like Water EP
Already one of five members of one of the most successful girl groups in the world right now, Red Velvet, Wendy is embarking on her own journey in just a few days. The singer will drop her debut five-track EP on her own Like Water on April 5, and fans can’t wait to kick off the month right. Wendy has branched out on her own before, but not with a full collection, so this could be the start of something special.

Reactions Received
Omg the release is happening tmr! Get your popcorn and tickets ready! :llama_tea:

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Reveluv, Sone
"we’ve prepared this for the longest time ..." makes you wonder how long they've been working on this album:

Here's an exchange between MV staff:

(Thanks to warmblue.)

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Reveluv, Sone
I've been listening to the album the whole morning. I need to listen to Why Can't You Love Me and Best Friend some more, only because the 3 other tracks jumped out, grabbed my attention and refused to let go.

When This Rain Stops is the classic power vocal ballad and title track. This song (as well as the others on this album) has many drawn out phrases that give Wendy room to stretch and belt and sing. Put on good headphones and listen to that piano accompaniment. It's understated and very light with the left hand. It's also very well phrased. I mention that because a great singer not only has good range but also great timing (hello Ella Fitzgerald) and Wendy shows that as she sings with the piano. The way her vocal phrasing goes hand in hand with the piano is just amazing.

Like Water is a warm and soothing song. It flows very well. (And I am not kidding.) I suspect it became a title track because of its meaningful lyrics; warmblue has a translated set if anyone wants to check them out. Wendy has provided input on the lyrics and it shows.

The Road is from MonoTree, which is one of my favorite songwriting and production companies. What I found amazing is that upon first listen there were several spots in the song that sounded familiar, like hooks or snippets that I'd heard somewhere else before. And when I checked out the lyrics (again, thanks to warmblue) I found

The road here
Suddenly I think it's not my first time here
I feel like I've been here before
The hand I've always held on tightly
So the melody somehow mirrored the lyrics. Finding that out was a jaw-dropping moment for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread