Movie 'Parasite' wins Best Picture at the Oscars (1 Viewer)

eclipsoul

KS' #1 The Chaser enthusiast
Reactions Received
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY THIS IS JUST AMAZING

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
Ship
Holy shit guys! Not only did Parasite win the Academy Award for Best International Feature Film, but also the Best Film :sj_weary:

Bong Joon Ho also won Best Director and Best Original Screenplay.

Totally deserved, one of the finest movies I've seen in years, even made a thread about it here:

https://www.kpopsource.com/threads/so-i-finally-watched-parasite-twice.22506/
Anyway, anybody who's yet to watch the movie, please do so. It's fantastic.

On that note, here's the most viral line from the movie, the Jessica jingle:

And on a slightly related note, stream the MV featuring the hot mom from Parasite- Cho Yeong Jeong:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
Ship
First foreign film ever to win Best Picture wow :nekosweat:

When they won Best International Film, I thought that was it, this is the Academy's way to sideline them from the main award.

But then they won both Best Director and Best Picture :sj_weary:

Drew_B

Reactions Received
Fandom
MeU
I haven't watched the Oscars in years but I did tonight cause my mom was bored and invited me over to watch them with her. Never e en heard of Parasite but it keep winning Oscar after Oscar so I knew what I was watching unfold was historical.

That was a great moment when the Director mentioned Martin Scorsese and Quinton Tarantino.

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
Ship
I still need to watch this movie :areyouforreal:

Bookworm

Idol
Reactions Received
Some people I know were upset by this which I found confusing... I guess maybe because "It's an American awards show so only American movies should be able to participate" or something dumb like that... What's funny is that they didn't even watch any of the movies from this year so how can they even judge. So dumb. But congrats to Parasite c:

Ashla_K

Idol
Reactions Received
It's really outstanding. Tbh, I have no idea what the movie is even about, but it's definitely big win.
Go to watch it because it's a great movie with a lot social criticism but really enjoyable and surprising.

Ashla_K

Idol
Reactions Received
I feel so happy for them, it's one of the best movies I've seen in years and deserved every award that won throughout the season.

Ashla_K

Idol
Reactions Received
Some people I know were upset by this which I found confusing... I guess maybe because "It's an American awards show so only American movies should be able to participate" or something dumb like that... What's funny is that they didn't even watch any of the movies from this year so how can they even judge. So dumb. But congrats to Parasite c:
People who don't know how to appreciate a good film for sure. I've seen most of the movies nominated on the same category (and those are great movies as well, 2019 was a good year) and Parasite was easily the one that stood out for me the most. It has something that makes you understand the point of view of each character without taking sides for one or the other and also starts being light-hearted/funny and then becomes harsh and creepy.

Users who are viewing this thread