Personal events that helped you learn about yourself? (1 Viewer)

Yili

♥ Moodzy Nia STAYing In The NCTy ♥
Reactions Received
♥ Protecting Bahiyyih from the dumb dumbs ♥
Website
yiliisme.carrd.co
Fandom
OneStayzen
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
The first time I sang in front of people in years was at a school talent show when I was 12. It helped me find my confidence to go on stage again after the couple years of not doing so, and it reminded me that I liked to perform on stage.

Lovely_Cornchips

Future Canadian Hobo
Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
Uh hmmmmm I can't think of anything personally but I guess finishing my cousin's portrait let me realize how far I've come in terms of artwork. But I still suck ass at getting started and then finishing in a timely manner.

Reactions: Yili and OnlyCalB

Tickita

𝕄𝕞𝕞𝕙 𝕄𝕞𝕞𝕙. 🌹
Reactions Received
Website
tickita.carrd.co
Fandom
KingCassie
Pronouns
she, her, auntie
I had an on campus job that included presenting to other students. My boss/prof brought her 2nd year students so I could present to them about laser cutting. They came in the makerspace and sat in their seats and were just talking to each other. Usually my boss would get them to pay attention before I started to present, but this specific time she was like "Okay they're all yours." So I had to get their attention. I'm not a shy person, I'm just quiet so I've never had to do this. But I did, I went "GOOD MORNING!" and they all stopped and looked at me. My boss was surprised and was like "Wow, that's one way to do it" and laughed. I learned that I do great things when I step out of my comfort zone.

• Love
Reactions: Yili

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
Ship
I left alone to another continent for a summer job and I think it really helped me to know myself and my power better

• Love

Yili

Reactions Received
Website
yiliisme.carrd.co
Fandom
OneStayzen
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
I left alone to another continent for a summer job and I think it really helped me to know myself and my power better
thats amazing! it mustve been a culture shock for sure

Reactions: bulletproof

Yili

Reactions Received
Website
yiliisme.carrd.co
Fandom
OneStayzen
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
I had an on campus job that included presenting to other students. My boss/prof brought her 2nd year students so I could present to them about laser cutting. They came in the makerspace and sat in their seats and were just talking to each other. Usually my boss would get them to pay attention before I started to present, but this specific time she was like "Okay they're all yours." So I had to get their attention. I'm not a shy person, I'm just quiet so I've never had to do this. But I did, I went "GOOD MORNING!" and they all stopped and looked at me. My boss was surprised and was like "Wow, that's one way to do it" and laughed. I learned that I do great things when I step out of my comfort zone.
That's so cool! I always admire people that command that type of authority and attention

• Love
Reactions: Tickita

Yili

Reactions Received
Website
yiliisme.carrd.co
Fandom
OneStayzen
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Uh hmmmmm I can't think of anything personally but I guess finishing my cousin's portrait let me realize how far I've come in terms of artwork. But I still suck ass at getting started and then finishing in a timely manner.
Its great to see how much you've improved, I sometimes compare my old drawings to my current ones for that purpose

Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
Ship
thats amazing! it mustve been a culture shock for sure
it was, yeah, but also opened my barriers even more

• Love

Users who are viewing this thread