Poll: NCT- Empathy era (2018) vs Resonance era (2020) (1 Viewer)

Best NCT era?

• Total voters

Darkseid

Anti Life Equation
Reactions Received
Ship
This is a copied thread but regardless, what do you guys think? :wimwim:

Empathy era is when I officially became a stan so I have a soft spot for it, plus we got Boss, Baby don't stop, Go, Touch, Yestoday and other songs, and Lucas/Jungwoo debuting as new members. On the other hand I feel Resonance utilized the NCT system a lot more effectively and gave us a lot more exciting combinations of members and just as strong a discography so I'll pick Resonance.

What about you guys?

@NCTzen

Darkseid

Anti Life Equation
Reactions Received
Ship
I think Resonance was executed much better.

I'd say Empathy was the trial run with a lot of kinks and problems to figure out. Resonance went by much better (although still not perfect)
Yeah they still hadn't figured out everything about the NCT concept and how to best utilize it during Empathy era. That being said we got some bops including Boss and BDS which are 2 of the more iconic NCT songs and it pulled in a lot of new fans lol.

But Resonance feels a lot more polished and well planned, and I love some of the unit combinations we got to see here, seeing Xiaojun for instance alongside Jaemin and Taeyong/Jaehyun/Doyoung felt pretty unreal lol.

QueenB

Celebrity
Reactions Received
I liked the songs and mvs a lot better in the empathy era. Resonance fell flat for me

Reactions: Darkseid

Darkseid

Anti Life Equation
Reactions Received
Ship
I liked the songs and mvs a lot better in the empathy era. Resonance fell flat for me
The songs are on about the same level for me but yeah the Empathy era MVs were definitely on a different level lol. I think the pandemic kinda restricted them from really going all out this time, of course SM might have just stuck with the box MVs again, but MVs like Boss have such great locations and are so aesthetically pleasing, and Yestoday is on a budget but still really creative and fun. And Baby don't stop is basically the best performance version of an MV ever filmed imo.

Reactions: QueenB

brekker

Celebrity
Reactions Received
Empathy as for music, but Resonance has better marketing? I just feel they might not be realising their concept is turning many people away. The more members they are adding, the worse it gets, just an opinion. They are all talented artists for sure, but it is better when they are separated into groups.

Reactions: QueenB

Users who are viewing this thread