COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Questions about...? (1 Viewer)

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Questions about healthy stuff, food, diets, sport? I got you!

(click on the gif)

Some of you know about my Get fit series (1, 2, 3) so I decided to make a form and answer questions that maybe I didn't mention in my threads.
As a disclaimer, I'm not a nutritionist but I did lots of research so I'm willing to share my answers.

Users who asked to be tagged :maheart: Enjoy
@karina @Wingfrost @Lovely_Cornchips @Panda

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
mhh maybe just about how to balance daily life with working out and maybe something about your own experience

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
how to lose muscles?

bulletproof

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
mhh maybe just about how to balance daily life with working out and maybe something about your own experience
About the balance, there are some things to mention. I usually tend to get a bit lazier in the evening, but I got used to doing my workouts. It takes around 18 days to develop a habit, so the first days are 'harder'. After that, it's just part of the routine. So for example when I was a student, I used to work out in the first part of the day if possible or during a study break. Now, it's usually in the evening, also as a break from the computer and to move around a little after sitting down all-day :wimwim:

and what about my own experience? :pepelook:

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
How to diet healthily :jisoosmh:

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
About the balance, there are some things to mention. I usually tend to get a bit lazier in the evening, but I got used to doing my workouts. It takes around 18 days to develop a habit, so the first days are 'harder'. After that, it's just part of the routine. So for example when I was a student, I used to work out in the first part of the day if possible or during a study break. Now, it's usually in the evening, also as a break from the computer and to move around a little after sitting down all-day :wimwim:

and what about my own experience? :pepelook:
yeah that’s literally how I felt about it too. getting into the habit is the most difficult.

just about what types of work outs you have been enjoying, what you think is better - a gym or working out at home. things like that

bulletproof

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
how to lose muscles?
Muscles usually fade with fewer workouts. For example, people who used to go to the gym, for example, notice a decrease in muscle mass when the activity changes. Fewer calories in the diet and cardio can also cause a decrease in muscle mass.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
Muscles usually fade with fewer workouts. For example, people who used to go to the gym, for example, notice a decrease in muscle mass when the activity changes. Fewer calories in the diet and cardio can also cause a decrease in muscle mass.
I walk to work and I´m not gonna give that up, but do you think that walking more and eating less might help it? I just fear that I will get even ... more muscles :D.

bulletproof

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
How to diet healthily :jisoosmh:
I go by the 80% 20% rule. I think it is healthier because I get enough food (usually 3 meals and 1-2 snacks), nutrients and sweets or something else I want. For example, 80% of the meals contain healthy ingredients, like eggs, meat, veggies etc and in the 20% I can have some chocolate for dessert for example. Trying to control to avoid at all something I crave leads to binge eating. So better to eat 1 square when I want it, rather than trying to avoid it and binge the entire choco :wimwim:

bulletproof

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
yeah that’s literally how I felt about it too. getting into the habit is the most difficult.

just about what types of work outs you have been enjoying, what you think is better - a gym or working out at home. things like that
Yeah, I know, but for example, at home, I'm doing workout plans so it is quite motivating to know that I completed one, two, three weeks. I had a break between September and December, so when I started again I was like a beginner lol. It was harder because I didn't have the same resistance anymore, but I started to feel better and to see progress in my resistance and strength, not only my body.

As for my workouts, I can see more progress in the gym, training with weights. I can see progress at home on my arms because they were my weaker parts. Also on abs because there are good exercises at home, but for legs and ass I need weights to see anything. At home, I'm doing Pamela Reif's workouts (she's German btw, I think I mentioned her to you before). She has weekly plans usually with 2 days for legs and ass, 1 for the upper body, 1 cardio, 1 full body, 1 stretch... 5 days of workouts, and 1 for stretching. I'm not a big fan of cardio because my heartbeat goes crazy my goal is not to lose weight, but her cardio days are nice and needed. And even for losing weight, there is a wrong conception that lots of cardio will do wonders, but muscle mass burns more calories over time

bulletproof

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I walk to work and I´m not gonna give that up, but do you think that walking more and eating less might help it? I just fear that I will get even ... more muscles :D.
Ooh I see. Well definitely don't, moving a little is important. Hmm honestly that's something I didn't research much about. I did lose muscles too, but not on purpose so for me, it happened when I stopped exercising. But you can try a lil caloric deficit to see how it goes. Usually muscles mass is easier to lose than fat so it should work

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
How to not over-exercise :jisoosmh:

bulletproof

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
How to not over-exercise :jisoosmh:
I'd say 1 hour 4-5 times a week is enough. Your body will collapse if it's too much. Maybe try a schedule or program that you'd like? Or set a goal and time? If you over-exercise, your body will also feel more hungry. Also, your body needs time to rest, so rest days are as important as workout days. Muscles break during the workouts and recover on resting :wimwim:

bulletproof

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
How to make changing my eating habits easier? I’ve known for years that I eat really unhealthy foods and try to choose healthier options but it’s always tempting to go with things I know I love to eat even if it’s not good for me. 😓
You can take it slow, you don't have to restrict everything out of a sudden, it makes it scary and it's not sustainable. Maybe try to reduce certain bad things that are achievable. For example, I don't really drink sodas anymore. Sure, maybe I get one can or something if I'm really craving one, but I really got used to not drink them.
But it's nothing wrong to eat something you like. Like I mentioned before, I'm personally doing an 80/20 kinda eating. 80% of my diet is healthier, while 20% is idk, chocolate (my weakness), some snacks, or whatever. I also tried to replace unhealthy food with healthier homemade versions, like oven made potatoes instead of fried ones, homemade chicken burgers instead of McDonald's, tortilla pizza as a quick, healthy pizza version. You don't have to eat salads all day, that's not sustainable. If you go for the idea that 'I can't eat something I like' you'll end up binge eating it anyway bcs you know, it's like wanting something that's forbidden :wimwim: Sure, if it's a diet consisting of one pizza every day, there will be more work to change that, but there are plenty of healthier versions for yummy food. Give your body those nutrients :jenniesmug:

kinnie

eep.
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Is it about calorie intake or portion control? Which one has more of an impact in terms of trying to lose weight?
Is it better to lose weight by dieting first rather than excessive exercising?

bulletproof

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Is it about calorie intake or portion control? Which one has more of an impact in terms of trying to lose weight?
Is it better to lose weight by dieting first rather than excessive exercising?
Ok for the first question, I'd say both are equally important because in order to lose weight you have to be in a calorie deficit. However, you can't compare the calories in let's say some chicken breast compared to a burger. We burn calories while digesting so a chicken breast requires more energy to be digested, compared to empty calories in a burger. Some people might lose weight at first eating pizza everyday bcs they are in a deficit, but portion control is the key to balance healthy food with sweets, snacks etc. Also, for example, eating veggies with every meal can lead to volume eating with fewer calories.

For the second question, if you want to only lose weight, you can make changes to your diet. Exercising is a boost because it helps burn more calories and increase muscle mass which also burns more calories + improves body shape. However, there is a thing saying that abs are made in the kitchen so when exercising, food is very important. So yeah, you can lose weight with a little calorie deficit, but you will see better results with a mix of good diet and exercises (not excess, something that is ok for your level and resistance)

kinnie

eep.
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Ok for the first question, I'd say both are equally important because in order to lose weight you have to be in a calorie deficit. However, you can't compare the calories in let's say some chicken breast compared to a burger. We burn calories while digesting so a chicken breast requires more energy to be digested, compared to empty calories in a burger. Some people might lose weight at first eating pizza everyday bcs they are in a deficit, but portion control is the key to balance healthy food with sweets, snacks etc. Also, for example, eating veggies with every meal can lead to volume eating with fewer calories.

For the second question, if you want to only lose weight, you can make changes to your diet. Exercising is a boost because it helps burn more calories and increase muscle mass which also burns more calories + improves body shape. However, there is a thing saying that abs are made in the kitchen so when exercising, food is very important. So yeah, you can lose weight with a little calorie deficit, but you will see better results with a mix of good diet and exercises (not excess, something that is ok for your level and resistance)
Thank you so much! The only reliable health guru I know.
:sanapray:

bulletproof

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Thank you so much! The only reliable health guru I know.
:sanapray:
You’re welcome :sanapray: I’m happy to share the info I researched and help:pepeheart:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread