COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Ranking the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 Finalists (1 Viewer)

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
As some of you might know the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 is in full throttle after finishing both semi-finals and deciding on the 20 finalists + the big five. (Germany, UK, Spain, Italy, France)
This year might be one of my favorites because there's so much quality music and just generally songs I'd listen to on a daily basis.
I'd suggest listening to at least the top 10 songs, which I'll post their performances of as well!

PSA: All performances work with tons of light effect, so if you're sensitive to that please don't watch the videos!
These songs are all fine in themselves but to me just boring and nothing I'd listen to in my free time, these songs to me are "toilet break" songs
#25 Marius Bear - Boy Do Cry (Switzerland)

#24 Zdob si Zdub ft. Fratii Advahov - Trenuletul (Moldova)

#23 The Rasmus - Jezebel (Finland)

#22 Malik Harris - Rockstar (Germany)

#21 Systur - Með Hækkandi Sól (Iceland)

#20 Mahmood ft. BLANCO - Brividi (Italy)
These are songs I'd have to be in a certain mood for, but they are definitely great songs.
#19 Jeremie Makiese - Miss You (Belgium)

#18 Konstrakta - In corpore sano (Serbia)

#17 Kalush Orchestra - Stefania (Ukraine)

#16 Sam Ryder - Space Man (UK)

#15 Monika LIU - Sentimentai (Lithuania)

#14 Sheldon Riley - Not The Same (Australia)

#13 Ochamn - River (Poland)

#12 Nadir Rustamli - Fade To Black (Azerbaijan)

#11 Rosa Linn - Snap (Armenia)
These songs are my absolute favorites this year. It's a mixture of full emotional songs and complete hype songs.
Catchy lyrics and music, meaningful singing and vocals for days.
#10 Alvan ft. Ahez - Fulen (France)

#9 Stefan - Hope (Estonia)

#8 WRS - Llamame (Romania)

#7 Amanda Tenfjord - Die Together (Greece)

#6 Cornelia Jakobs - Hold Me Closer (Sweden)

#5 Subwoolfer - Give That Wolf A Banana (Norway)

#4 S10 - De Diepte (Netherlands)

#3 Maro - saudade, saudade (Portugal)

#2 Chanel - SloMo (Spain)

#1 We Are Domi - Lights Off (Czech Republic)

You should definitely take a listen and if you have the time watch the performances of the top 10, they are just really amazing!
@Vikki @winterstory @Yili @OnlyCalB @Tsukino @yeji @Juniverse @Hakunama_Tata @eclipsoul @Chocochuuyo @Reverie @RandAlThor @uran @Bopper

Boyo

𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓅
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Mingyutized
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
This is the first year I didn't watch it. I kind of lost my interest, tbh. It is about everything but music lately.
But if you say there is quality music, I will listen to the TOP 10.

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
This is the first year I didn't watch it. I kind of lost my interest, tbh. It is about everything but music lately.
But if you say there is quality music, I will listen to the TOP 10.
i haven't had that impression at all this year, maybe i've missed something :llama_shook:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Pronouns
She/Her
I’m British, but I’m cheering for the Czech Republic/Czechia. The act chosen to represent them formed in my home city, so gotta rep my honourary locals :sanapray:

Boyo

𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓅
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Mingyutized
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
i haven't had that impression at all this year, maybe i've missed something :llama_shook:
Okay, listened to your TOP 10 and there are good ones.
I love Greece and it is refreshing to see a ballad song from them considering that they ususally come with different type of songs.
Portugal and Czech Republic are great, too.
And I just realized my country is not there again and I don't even know why we don't go, it's our 3rd year to stay out.

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
Okay, listened to your TOP 10 and there are good ones.
I love Greece and it is refreshing to see a ballad song from them considering that they ususally come with different type of songs.
Portugal and Czech Republic are great, too.
And I just realized my country is not there again and I don't even know why we don't go, it's our 3rd year to stay out.
which country are you from again?

Boyo

𝒮𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓅
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Mingyutized
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
didn't they say that Eurovision is too gay for them to attend, I remember hearing that in a video :shockedcover:

Here's an article
I never heard that as an official reason why we don't participate, but sadly, my country is conservative as hell and LGBTIQ+ rights are like non-existing here, so everything is possible.

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I like Sweden and Czech Republic the best, liked Israel but they didn't get in :maheart:

tho really the last ESC I watched and actually fully enjoy was 2016 :we_kpopsourcing:
the guy from Israel behaved very inappropriately on stage and on interviews (in the sense of forcing hugs and kisses, being overly obnoxious), so it doesn't surprise me he didn't make it

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
シャイニーワールド
Pronouns
he/him/twin
For me it's actually one of the weaker years in terms of having music I'd add to my playlist, and I've been following it every year since like 2006. It's also one of those rare times when there's no clear favorite to win it all (as far as I know), there are multiple acts that are quite equal so it's anyone's game. Wouldn't be surprised if Ukraine wins it just because of politics, like last time they won Crimea annexation was definitely one of the factors, although the song was also way better than now.
My favorites this year are probably Finland, Norway and maybe Estonia.

eclipsoul

barbie (2023) fan account
Reactions Received
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
it's probably the weakest year of eurovision ever since i started watching and that was like 2014, the only final song i like is from my country :catsip: i loved cyprus too but that one didn't qualify so i think i'll be skipping the final this year

uran

Professional senpai thief
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
the guy from Israel behaved very inappropriately on stage and on interviews (in the sense of forcing hugs and kisses, being overly obnoxious), so it doesn't surprise me he didn't make it
He believed he was doing the most and that he was the main character but obnoxiousnes isnt cute :snatched:

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
it's probably the weakest year of eurovision ever since i started watching and that was like 2014, the only final song i like is from my country :catsip: i loved cyprus too but that one didn't qualify so i think i'll be skipping the final this year
I'm so sad Cyprus didn't qualify q.q her vocals were kinda off and shaky in the semi final which is a shame, I think if she delivered truly she would've gotten through

uran

Professional senpai thief
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I'm so sad Cyprus didn't qualify q.q her vocals were kinda off and shaky in the semi final which is a shame, I think if she delivered truly she would've gotten through
I agree. She sounded good in rehersal but she was shaky in the semi. Her staging was so beautiful and so is the song

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread