COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News Rapper One reveals that he has left YG Entertainment (1 Viewer)

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
According to Koreaboo (because I'm too lazy to paraphrase their article), "in an interview he held with Ilgan Sports for the promotions of his movie Goodbye Summer, ONE, who also promotes under his real name Jung Jae Won as an actor, revealed he left YG Entertainment."

"He went into the details about his departure from YG Entertainment during his interview.

After tvN drama Her Private Life finished, I parted ways with YG Entertainment.
When I joined YG, I wanted to focus on my own music. I thought I could share my music with more people. Making music alone at home makes it harder to release.
Right now, I plan on focusing on music. I can’t provide a definite answer on when it will be released. I am working on it as much as possible, and my goal is to release it this year.
— ONE
ONE also revealed that his plans are to set up his own one-person agency to aid in the release of his new music.

ONE has been promoting primarily as an actor since joining YG Entertainment. He released one single album in July 2017, and since then, acted in dramas A Korean Odyssey, Room No. 9, Her Private Life, and Arthdal Chronicles."

Source

What do y'all think about this?

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
To be honest, I'm not surprised that he left. After he released his first two singles, they didn't even bother to help him promote his music. At least he started to take on acting though.

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I'm happy for him. As much as I love his acting, I want to listen to his music too and YG didn't even bother with him. Hopefully, he'll be able to make the music he loves and wants to now.

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
KS Coins
They promoted him so poorly I didn't even know who he was.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
YG didn't seem to do anything for him music-wise and he would just get so much hate and trash just being YG artist right now so there wouldn't be much point for him unless he wanted to just stay acting.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Finally. These news made me so happy. He deserves way more.

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
It was about the time. YG really forgot about him :nekosweat:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread