COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

MV Red Square- Color Full is one of the weirdest debuts I've seen in Kpop. (1 Viewer)

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
So Red Square is a new girl group and their members were previously in the now disbanded Good Day (some other members of Good Day went on to form Cignature alongside some new members), and they recently debuted with their song Color Full:

Now this debut is something I never remember seeing in Kpop before.

There is NOT ONE shot of any of the member's faces, you either see a glimpse of their face from the side, or they're blindfolded, or just a silhouette, but throughout the ENTIRE MV, not one face reveal.
Idk how wise that is as a business tactic tbh, you want fans to identify with the members, stan them, buy the album. I'm not sure this is a good move, although the Youtube comments would have you believe this is the best thing ever since it's basically the company saying Stan Talent/Music.

A ballsy move definitely. Smart? Time will tell.

As for the song, this needed to be a generational bop if they were relying on just the music to get the group some traction. Instead it's just decent. I do like the vocals, but those parts are few and far between, but I could see some people getting down to it.

What do you guys think?

Tags: @Darth_17 @Darth_berries @Darth_Bitzy @Darth_Lixo @maruberry

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
Ah so these are the member I never cared for :lazypotato:

An interesting concept for sure.

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
Red Square-- is that reference to those Chinese protesters that died?
Now that you mention it... it was giving off some hard communist vibes

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Ah so these are the member I never cared for :lazypotato:

An interesting concept for sure.
Lol I didn't know Good Day except what I saw in first episode of The Unit, and I liked Jeewon and Lucky (Bella), and now I also like Ye-Ah and Seline lol. That's it.
Tbh Ye-Ah and Seline weren't Good Day members I think, or were they?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Wreck
I think the concept was designed to get attention. Similar to Pink Fantasy’s concept, member(s) are hidden so people try to figure out who they might be.

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
Lol I didn't know Good Day except what I saw in first episode of The Unit, and I liked Jeewon and Lucky (Bella), and now I also like Ye-Ah and Seline lol. That's it.
Tbh Ye-Ah and Seline weren't Good Day members I think, or were they?
Seline wasn't, Ye-Ah was but I didn't notice Ye-Ah until ASSA honestly and she popped the fuck off. And yea Good Day wasn't really special at that time they were just a bubble gum pop girl group... nothing special

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I think the concept was designed to get attention. Similar to Pink Fantasy’s concept, member(s) are hidden so people try to figure out who they might be.
Yeah but Pink Fantasy still has Daewang in a bunny mask lol, RedSquare straight up revealed the members in live stages lol.

Well I do hope they get the attention and success they want, do wish the song was better tho.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Seline wasn't, Ye-Ah was but I didn't notice Ye-Ah until ASSA honestly and she popped the fuck off. And yea Good Day wasn't really special at that time they were just a bubble gum pop girl group... nothing special
I think I did kinda notice Ye-Ah for her high note in Nun nu nan na, but didn't remember her. But in ASSA tho :sj_weary:
Especially when she does the eyebrow raise or brushes her hair back :sj_weary:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Wreck
Yeah but Pink Fantasy still has Daewang in a bunny mask lol, RedSquare straight up revealed the members in live stages lol.

Well I do hope they get the attention and success they want, do wish the song was better tho.
I haven’t seen the live stages, but now that I think about it, it would be hard to perform with blindfolds on

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
I think I did kinda notice Ye-Ah for her high note in Nun nu nan na, but didn't remember her. But in ASSA tho :sj_weary:
Especially when she does the eyebrow raise or brushes her hair back :sj_weary:
Yes literally same, she was a good vocal but her visuals were just stunning in ASSA, fucking biting the air like a goddess

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I haven’t seen the live stages, but now that I think about it, it would be hard to perform with blindfolds on
I wonder whether in their next MV they straight up reveal all faces or keep building to it lol, that should be interesting.

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins

I'm impressed! They seem to be actually singing during some of that stage...

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I'm impressed! They seem to be actually singing during some of that stage...
Yeah I went into it blind and the performance was actually pretty good. I'm not the biggest fan of the song but the girls seem talented.

Is that emoji a young Jungkook? So creeeepy.
I wish I had an answer for this lmao. Nobody knows, we just used this a lot on Discord and then brought it here.

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Yeah I went into it blind and the performance was actually pretty good. I'm not the biggest fan of the song but the girls seem talented.

I wish I had an answer for this lmao. Nobody knows, we just used this a lot on Discord and then brought it here.
Is that emoji a young Jungkook? So creeeepy.
It's Winwin from NCT/WayV LOL

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Oh I didn't realise the purpose of them hiding their faces was to promote talent > visuals.
I personally did not like the song at all couldn't even bare to finish it but their concept did intrigue me and I am looking forward to their future release just to see whether they will continue to hide their faces or if they'll finally show. Also, do they hide their faces while promoting as well or no?

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Oh I didn't realise the purpose of them hiding their faces was to promote talent > visuals.
I personally did not like the song at all couldn't even bare to finish it but their concept did intrigue me and I am looking forward to their future release just to see whether they will continue to hide their faces or if they'll finally show. Also, do they hide their faces while promoting as well or no?
I finished it, not for the song, but was waiting to see if they actually show their faces in the end :wimwim:
Once it finished I sat there like :pandarolleyes:

They are showing their faces on live shows so Idk why hide it in the MV lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread