Movie Rewatched The Hobbit trilogy (1 Viewer)

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
Well I finished it actually cause I never watched the third film... idk how, I just forgot.

But it was really good. Everything i remembered was ok but the things I didn't really surprised me and kept me engaged with the world, so much so that I was constantly going to the LOTR wikia to look stuff up cause of my endless curiosity.
I totally forgot Legolas was even in this trilogy, the fact that he calls Gimli a half-goblin before they even meet is fucking gold.
I also liked that they didn't really explore the "Bilbo goes mad from the ring" storyline cause it would have been annoying. Tho... Thorin going mad was just as bad in a way. It was excepted but hella annoying.
Filli and Killi dying was just... my god I knew someone was gonna die but... they were quite most of the films but Killi had a girlfriend and almost died already so they tricked us real good.
The fight scenes were magnificent and I enjoyed them as always. Too bad my girlfriend didn't lol.

Can't wait for the new TV Show and the Gollum game too.

Honestly if I wasn't such a book-anti I might actually read the books but I honestly want the lore without having to read tons and tons of text everywhere.​

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
As someone who has read all the books and watched all the movies I just need to say that the hobbit movies >>>>>>>>>> the Lotr movies :pandatea:
But the books are better for all of them.
I have to agree. I'll be rewatching LOTR next week so I'll see it for certain then but as far as I remember some of the LOTR characters weren't that likeable in the first place so a marry band of hobbits was just better. I can imagine the books being better but dammit I'm a visual person and even tho I have a great imagination I'd rather see someone elses view of something or should I say his vision than my own which is likely not what they were thinking of.

Vikki

Future Canadian Hobo
Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
I have to agree. I'll be rewatching LOTR next week so I'll see it for certain then but as far as I remember some of the LOTR characters weren't that likeable in the first place so a marry band of hobbits was just better. I can imagine the books being better but dammit I'm a visual person and even tho I have a great imagination I'd rather see someone elses view of something or should I say his vision than my own which is likely not what they were thinking of.
I might have enjoyed the lord of the rings movies more if they were more like the books ngl but the differences were all bad differences for the trilogy. For the hobbit the movies were nothing like the books which is why I liked it, I wasn’t comparing the two because they were too different.

Reactions Received
Fandom
Orbit
i love the lotr movies, the fellowship of the ring is probably my favourite movie of all time. not comparing them to the books though since i never read them and probably never will because i'm too lazy for this. i've only seen the hobbit trilogy once, i didn't dislike them as much as many others did but still my favourite thing about it was probably the song played at the end of the 3rd part sung by the guy who played pippin in lotr. the story felt a bit too stretched for me at times, i think there was no need for it to have 3 movies, should have been 2 at most.

OnlyCalB

GG Trash / Roulette Team
Reactions Received
Haven't read the books. So my opinion of the LOTR trilogy is that it's so good, and it's one of my fave trilogies.

The Hobbit trilogy is really good too!

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
i love the lotr movies, the fellowship of the ring is probably my favourite movie of all time. not comparing them to the books though since i never read them and probably never will because i'm too lazy for this. i've only seen the hobbit trilogy once, i didn't dislike them as much as many others did but still my favourite thing about it was probably the song played at the end of the 3rd part sung by the guy who played pippin in lotr. the story felt a bit too stretched for me at times, i think there was no need for it to have 3 movies, should have been 2 at most.
Hmmm I'm not sure in a way. They probably could have made it into 2 if they hadn't focused on certain elements but with what they did focus on I honestly could have seen them making 4 instead since there was a lot to explore.

Reactions: SaranghaeRosie

SaranghaeRosie

Celebrity
Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Fandom
GoldenStar
As someone who has read all the books and watched all the movies I just need to say that the hobbit movies >>>>>>>>>> the Lotr movies :pandatea:
But the books are better for all of them.
I love the Lord of the Rings trilogy, especially the extended dvd edition. I used to re-watch my copies quite a lot considering they're over 10 hrs in total. I nvr counted how long it took as id watch it at weekends n just take it all in. Stopped after the Hobbit trilogy completed. Nvr got into Hobbit book, as i read it later after reading LoTR when i was young.

Interesting is tat from the progressiom we're moving back in time-from LOTR the end of 4th Age to Hobbit the beggining of the end to the earlier than the Hobbit era. Looking forward to it.

Reactions Received
Well I finished it actually cause I never watched the third film... idk how, I just forgot.

But it was really good. Everything i remembered was ok but the things I didn't really surprised me and kept me engaged with the world, so much so that I was constantly going to the LOTR wikia to look stuff up cause of my endless curiosity.
I totally forgot Legolas was even in this trilogy, the fact that he calls Gimli a half-goblin before they even meet is fucking gold.
I also liked that they didn't really explore the "Bilbo goes mad from the ring" storyline cause it would have been annoying. Tho... Thorin going mad was just as bad in a way. It was excepted but hella annoying.
Filli and Killi dying was just... my god I knew someone was gonna die but... they were quite most of the films but Killi had a girlfriend and almost died already so they tricked us real good.
The fight scenes were magnificent and I enjoyed them as always. Too bad my girlfriend didn't lol.

Can't wait for the new TV Show and the Gollum game too.

Honestly if I wasn't such a book-anti I might actually read the books but I honestly want the lore without having to read tons and tons of text everywhere.​
The hobbit is super short well for a lotr book :).

Reactions: RainbowDevil
Reactions Received
I might have enjoyed the lord of the rings movies more if they were more like the books ngl but the differences were all bad differences for the trilogy. For the hobbit the movies were nothing like the books which is why I liked it, I wasn’t comparing the two because they were too different.
i hate the lotr movies with a burning passion wishing a horrid death on all of his family :) Its the perfect encapsulation of current filmmaking. Look and style no substance. Not as bad as eps 7 8 9 which have nothing redeemable about them. At least the balrog looked cool as did Hobbiton, Rivendell. I can take that in a blow stuff up movie, but not one I am that attached to.

For the sake of my heart i refuse to watch return of the king after leaving the theater stunned that some people like the mess that was the two towers.

The problem i have with just awful adaptions is, those become the cannon in peoples heads and thus stories like starship troopers and battle field earth are just running jokes.

At least Chris Columbus laid a solid foundation for HP. Brought the kids and staff to life. With fantastic casting calls. AC was strong in 3 solid call on Lupin and Sirius then later folk skim over the rest as the books were doorstops much too large for 2hours 30 min adaptations.

Drew_B

Reactions Received
Fandom
MeU
I have only watched The Hobbit movies once and it was a long time ago.

I think its time for a rewatch.

Reactions: RainbowDevil

Users who are viewing this thread

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JakeyWantsCakey Cinematography 10