COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Official Road to Kingdom Discussion [ep 3] (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Here be official discussions about Road to Kingdom.

1588468520649.png

Please do not post spoilers from previews as there are people who haven't seem them and are waiting for official airings. Also, if you're posting within first 3 days of airing, put any spoilers in spoiler tag.

So, are you following the show? Who's your fav? Do you like the premise? What did you think of the 90 sec performances?

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Most of the groups showed really great performance, but I have to say I'm really disappointed with PENTAGON. Even TOO's performance woke some emotions (and they are really young rookies). The Boyz, as usually, delivered. I loved the viciousness in GolCha's performance, and ONEUS was just stellar. I still do not understand how were they 6th.

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
I haven't watched the 1st ep yet but I've seen some clips. Of course I'm rooting for TOO. I feel like Pentagon's performances have been quite underwhelming. Even online, only their fans talk about them whereas ONEUS, TBZ and GolCha get a lot of attention by non-fans. Even TOO has grown in popularity and lots of non-fans were baffled that they only debuted a month ago.
I hate the elimination thing tho. What's the point in "getting to know these unknown boy groups" like the narrative they push so hard when you get rid of the least popular ones?

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I just finished watching the first episode. Why do they have to eliminate groups? I was so excited to see each group in each round, now it just makes me nervous and disappointed. :jisoosmh: I'm routing for either The Boyz or Oneus to win. For the performances I liked them, I think the only one's that really caught my eye though was The Boyz, Golden Child and Too (very talented for just debuting). I don't really remember the others and even though I liked Oneus' performance I felt like it was so short and more of a music show performance but I think that was just me. I'm excited for future performances, I know this probably wont happen but I hope to at least see some lighter concepts being done I know it's not very popular but it gets a little boring for me when each performance is sexy, dark or powerful. I just want one cute stage. :sanapray:

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
Why do they have to eliminate groups? I was so excited to see each group in each round, now it just makes me nervous and disappointed. :jisoosmh:
I don't get the point why they eliminate groups when the point and the narrative they push is to let the public know about these nugu's so they have a chance. I'd understand if they did it with Queendom and Kingdom since the groups participating there are well known in Korea...

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I don't get the point why they eliminate groups when the point and the narrative they push is to let the public know about these nugu's so they have a chance. I'd understand if they did it with Queendom and Kingdom since the groups participating there are well known in Korea...
I guess exposure to RTK itself is sort of letting the public know of nugus. It always is harsher when guys are in the survival. Not to mention that PENTAGON should've been directly in Kingdom, they aren't really that nugu.

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
I guess exposure to RTK itself is sort of letting the public know of nugus. It always is harsher when guys are in the survival. Not to mention that PENTAGON should've been directly in Kingdom, they aren't really that nugu.
EXACTLY, they had a hit song with Shine and come from a well known company. Their name is known in Korea. Plus, according to their wiki page they won 7 awards. There are more nugu-nugu groups than them. Plus, I doubt that groups like BTS or EXO will do Kingdom cuz they probably have a lot of schedules...

Reactions Received
KS Coins
EXACTLY, they had a hit song with Shine and come from a well known company. Their name is known in Korea. Plus, according to their wiki page they won 7 awards. There are more nugu-nugu groups than them. Plus, I doubt that groups like BTS or EXO will do Kingdom cuz they probably have a lot of schedules...
Time to open speculation thread!

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Just watched some of the performances.
Liked rising sun.
and I believe it was Warriors descent.
no idea what one song was so it goes in the middle.
everybody and the 17 song last.

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
Just watched some of the performances.
Liked rising sun.
and I believe it was Warriors descent.
no idea what one song was so it goes in the middle.
everybody and the 17 song last.
Yea I liked Rising Sun and Warriors Descent too.
So glad that TOO seems very loved and popular

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Well, episode 2 was underwhelming as well. Yes, the performance are.... nice, but I expected more, especially from ONEUS. The slo-mo fight scene was cool. My favorite was ONF's performance, they really brought their dancing out. VERIVERY was not bad either.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Finally got to around finishing first ep, I started it like week ago, but got busy and thought of finishing later- and then just forgot :lazypotato: I thought i'd have more time after graduation and with corona and all but nope i'm busy as ever :yolk:

Since all of these groups are new to me (Pentagon was only one whose song I have heard before and I don't know any of the members of the groups either) it will take a time before I get idea who these groups are. Doesn't rly help that the groups are all pretty similar unlike in Queendom- all of them have lot of members and their concepts aren't that different. Hopefully towards the end I at least can tell groups apart if not members. Until then- I remain confused :lisalaugh:

BOYZ performance was my favorite. I rly like bringing historial stuff and martial arts to performances. I was happy it got first and that validated my taste too- until my second favorite performance- TOO's, got voted last. Auch. I also liked Pentagon's, but I gotta admit that since everyone had such dance focus (apart from TOO) I kinda got bored as performances went on. :jisoosmh: I hope to see more vocals and rap next time- I want to hear what these groups sound like since they are new to me dance doesn't tell as much.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread