COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Should I bump AOA from my top 5? (1 Viewer)

Drew_B

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU
I am so devastated about this whole situation.

I love AOA.

My official top 5 girl groups of all time has been the same for almost two years.

1. f(x)
2. Crayon Pop
3. Kara
4. T-ara
5. AOA

I love their music and I love Seolhyun. But is it time to bump them?

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
Reactions Received
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
KS Coins
Fandom
Once, Sone
Well it depends on why you stan them.

Seolhyun is my No. 4. and I will never not Stan her.

Despite attempts by many to condemn her in this I will Stan behind her until the end.

Mina has not called out Seolhyun for mistreatment, despite so many calling for her as some kind of evil bystander.

There's a lot to consider here.

We don't know the details of their relationships and thus far are going off a single persona recollection of their dynamic.

We don't know to what extent the other members were involved or not. To what extent they knew. To what extent they may have tried to resolve it if they did.

Also something to consider. This is Korea. Where hierarchy of age and seniority is much more pronounced and respected than elsewhere.

If others had known and perhaps tried to speak up. To what extent would their protests even be considered? The company it seems was behind Jimin and determined it to be a personal matter between them.

Can younger members come out against the leader? If she just brushes them away what's to be done?

It's hard to say.

And again we don't really know what happens behind the scenes.

I feel for Mina and what she experienced. And hope she can get some relief in her struggle. And the object of her torment seems to have been called out and dealt with. That being Jimin.

But I'm not about to throw the weight of that on every other menber.

I don't know what was or wasn't done.

And I stand by my stanning of Seolhyun and the good person I have known her to be.

Until I have reason to change that opinion. I will stand firm in my support of her.

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
It's up to you. I'm still trying to to debate on whether or not I even want to stan them anymore

Drew_B

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MeU
Well it depends on why you stan them.

Seolhyun is my No. 4. and I will never not Stan her.

Despite attempts by many to condemn her in this I will Stan behind her until the end.

Mina has not called out Seolhyun for mistreatment, despite so many calling for her as some kind of evil bystander.

There's a lot to consider here.

We don't know the details of their relationships and thus far are going off a single persona recollection of their dynamic.

We don't know to what extent the other members were involved or not. To what extent they knew. To what extent they may have tried to resolve it if they did.

Also something to consider. This is Korea. Where hierarchy of age and seniority is much more pronounced and respected than elsewhere.

If others had known and perhaps tried to speak up. To what extent would their protests even be considered? The company it seems was behind Jimin and determined it to be a personal matter between them.

Can younger members come out against the leader? If she just brushes them away what's to be done?

It's hard to say.

And again we don't really know what happens behind the scenes.

I feel for Mina and what she experienced. And hope she can get some relief in her struggle. And the object of her torment seems to have been called out and dealt with. That being Jimin.

But I'm not about to throw the weight of that on every other menber.

I don't know what was or wasn't done.

And I stand by my stanning of Seolhyun and the good person I have known her to be.

Until I have reason to change that opinion. I will stand firm in my support of her.
This has become the biggest mess I've ever seen in a girl group. Fans and I'm sure all of AOA are going through all kinds of emotions right now.

I am shocked at the finger being pointed at Seolhyun. She is wrongly being labeled the Tiffany in the Taeyeon/Jessica rivalry.

Seolhyun probably didn't have as much power at the company as people believe. The person who had to have known what was going on and should have spoke up was their Manager. Every kpop group has one. They should have put a stop to it.

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Do you still watch mvs and performances of inactive groups?

If then I'd consider moving on, idk it must be weird looking at her face all the time after all this.

With voice at least we can pretend it's an impersonator lol

This has become the biggest mess I've ever seen in a girl group. Fans and I'm sure all of AOA are going through all kinds of emotions right now.

I am shocked at the finger being pointed at Seolhyun. She is wrongly being labeled the Tiffany in the Taeyeon/Jessica rivalry.

Seolhyun probably didn't have as much power at the company as people believe. The person who had to have known what was going on and should have spoke up was their Manager. Every kpop group has one. They should have put a stop to it.
Biggest? I think no one will ever champion T-ara and MBK on that.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
they/them

I love AOA.

My official top 5 girl groups of all time has been the same for almost two years.

1. f(x)
2. Crayon Pop
3. Kara
4. T-ara
5. AOA

I feel like in this situation you just have to take the art away from the artist.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Well as far as the actual mess Minas original posts never went after anyone but Jimin and it wasn't until she responded today that she shaded the others saying the members and staff that came over seemed the same as Jimins.

So seems like it's that just visit that changed her opinion on them so I don't believe the girls magically did something sinister although siding with Jimin in that moment which is what it sounds like they did is definitely questionable.

I think overall it's just your choice and I myself dropped them when it was just about Jimin because AOAs lineup right now needs Jimin, there's no AOA with just AOA Cream + Seolhyun.

It's sad to see one of the groups that got me into kpop go like this but that's how it is and maybe I'll feel differently down the line however at the moment I just can't help but feel disappointed about everything that happened.

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
Reactions Received
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
KS Coins
Fandom
Once, Sone

Also another aspect I think people gloss over.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Things that seem clear and important or easy to spot after the fact may not be so in the thick of it.

From personal experience.

I've had friends who one might consider "bullies"
They razzed guys and gave them shit or what not during school and stuff.

And I'd tell them to lay off if it got too bad.

But I still kept them as friends. They were more then mere bully in my eyes.

But I don't know how the person who was given shit by them might have taken it.

What I saw as light or run of the mill razzing might have been to them much more destructive or damaging.

But I didn't see it that way at the time and have no way of knowing if they did.

By the logic Seolhyun is being condemned under I too might be considered an enabler.

My friends were bullies. I didn't disown them. Merely tried to temper them and get on them if they got too mean.

Life's not always so clear cut as people make it out to be later when they judge from the safety and clarity of distance and lack of first person involvement.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Also another aspect I think people gloss over.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Things that seem clear and important or easy to spot after the fact may not be so in the thick of it.

From personal experience.

I've had friends who one might consider "bullies"
They razzed guys and gave them shit or what not during school and stuff.

And I'd tell them to lay off if it got too bad.

But I still kept them as friends. They were more then mere bully in my eyes.

But I don't know how the person who was given shit by them might have taken it.

What I saw as light or run of the mill razzing might have been to them much more destructive or damaging.

But I didn't see it that way at the time and have no way of knowing if they did.

By the logic Seolhyun is being condemned under I too might be considered an enabler.

My friends were bullies. I didn't disown them. Merely tried to temper them and get on them if they got too mean.

Life's not always so clear cut as people make it out to be later when they judge from the safety and clarity of distance and lack of first person involvement.
omg you too is here on kps, im chewieecookieee on allkpop lmao. and i agree with what you said btw

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I don’t know what to tell you because AOA shares the same position for me as you in my girl group bias list. For now, I don’t really want to hear about them or their music because all of this left a very bad taste in my mouth. I feel like I was tricked in a way as I loved AOA but theirs foundations were rotten and all I can think about is what Mina endured for years.

It’s hard to say if the others members were guilty of anything. I still love my bias Yuna but it’s just too hard for me to get over it for now.

I think that AOA Cream is my favorite sub-unit either so maybe one day I will pay attention to them if they comeback or if Seolhyun does something individually/with the girls.

BlackpinkINSync

༺✮•°◤ 𝙀𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙖𝙣 ◥°•✮༻
Reactions Received
Website
www.ancestry.com
KS Coins
Fandom
𓂀 𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂 𓂀
Pronouns
𝙝𝙚/𝙝𝙞𝙢
I personally would knock them off the list.
They were so loved by a lot of people and this entire event has just left me feeling devoed.

To think I had a crush on them :( Now it feels like I just got dumped.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I feel lucky in that im not a fan, but someone who just likes some of their songs. I thinks its easier for me to just seperate the songs from artist in this case and not feeling weird

At the moment Jimin is just one member. Id wait and see if i were you.

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar

I love AOA.

1. f(x)
2. Crayon Pop
3. Kara
4. T-ara
5. AOA

Yes stan SNSD instead, or bump up no 6, if its not SNSD. Jk, do as you will drewb, itsall good, man. (Breaking bad/call me saul reference) l8rs dood.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
a lot of feelings are here. just do what you feel comf with.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ultimately it’s up to you. Enjoying any groups past music is completely understandable (I personally unstanned BigBang but still will listen to their old music). Really it’s down to how much you think the rest of AOA were bystanders and how much you think bystanders are complicit in bullying, especially given the Kpop idol context and the context of AOA.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I feel lucky in that im not a fan, but someone who just likes some of their songs. I thinks its easier for me to just seperate the songs from artist in this case and not feeling weird

At the moment Jimin is just one member. Id wait and see if i were you.
Yup this is way more personal for fans of the group. It took me a year from the beginning of the Burning Sun Scandal to a month or so after BigBang resigned their contract to come to a resolution about continuing to support them artist.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread