COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News Stabbing rampage in Japan leaves 1 school girl and 1 man dead [Warning: Distressing content] (1 Viewer)

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Reveluv

Kawasaki stabbing rampage leaves three dead, including schoolgirl and suspect; 16 injured

YOKOHAMA - A sixth-grade elementary school girl and a man in his 30s died in a mass stabbing in Kawasaki on Tuesday morning in a rampage that injured an additional 16 people — including 15 elementary school girls — and saw the attacker turn the knife on himself, police said.

Investigative sources said they had detained a suspect after the rampage, a man in his 50s, who later died of a self-inflicted stab wound to the area around his neck, they said.

Kanagawa Prefectural Police officials said many of the victims, who were waiting at a school bus stop in Tama Ward near Noborito Station, were students at Caritas Elementary School, a private Catholic school in the same ward, police said.

They said the suspect had attacked the girls with knives in both hands. Authorities had earlier said they found two knives at the site that appeared to have been used in the attack.

“I heard fire engines coming in the morning and I saw a man lying on the ground bleeding,” a man who lives nearby told public broadcaster NHK. “I saw many elementary school children lying on the ground near a school bus stop. School rucksacks were scattered all over the place.

“There was another man lying on the ground bleeding at a municipal-run bus stop near the school’s bus stop,” the man added.

Officials with Caritas Elementary School could not confirm whether the victims were students at the school, saying they were still gathering information.

The rampage was a rare attack in a country with one of the lowest rates of violent crime in the developed world and there was no immediate detail on the motive of the suspect.

U.S. President Donald Trump, who was wrapping up a state visit to Japan, offered his “prayers and sympathy” to the victims as he met troops outside Tokyo on the final day of his state visit to the country.

Standing aboard a Japanese military ship, he said that “all Americans stand with the people of Japan and grieve for the victims and for their families.”

Source: The Japan Times

I am shocked beyond words that something like this has occurred today because you rarely ever see crimes like this in Japan. But it has and this has left me absolutely devastated for the victims, most of whom were elementary aged children.
I can't believe that someone would be disgusting enough to target young children the way that this monster has! And even though attacks such as these are rare it has forced my wife and I to reconsider whether we'll allow our two elementary aged daughters to travel to school by themselves.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I have no words.
I just feel so bad for the victims and their families.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
That's horrible. I didn't think stuff like this happened in Japan. I really hope nothing like this happens again. Condolences to the victims and their loved ones.

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Reveluv
That's horrible. I didn't think stuff like this happened in Japan. I really hope nothing like this happens again. Condolences to the victims and their loved ones.
Whilst very rare, these kind of crimes do still happen even in Japan. But my wife always walked to elementary, JHS and high school without her parents growing up which is why we allowed our eldest two to travel to their elementary school by themselves. Because this is Tokyo and its regarded as safe.
But this tragic crime which occurred not too far from Tokyo has left us both just shocked and not wanting to take the risk in the future. My wife has already been in contact with our school so that our daughters are aware that she'll be picking them up after school.

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Horrible n shocking. My sympathies to all the victims n loved ones.

I really have no words.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
YOu don't often hear about crimes happening in Japan, but when they do they are usually extra messed up. Idk if the motive will come later, my guess is just that the guy went insane. I hope those who were injured will make full recovery.

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
Reactions Received
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
KS Coins
Fandom
Once, Sone
This is truly horrific and tragic.

Those poor girls and families.

It makes me sick.

Keep your daughters safe brother.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv

It makes me sick.

Is it bad to hope the 30 year old was trying to stop him?

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Reveluv
YOu don't often hear about crimes happening in Japan, but when they do they are usually extra messed up. Idk if the motive will come later, my guess is just that the guy went insane. I hope those who were injured will make full recovery.
Many are already speculating that the guy who did this had mental health issues. And mental health care is severely underfunded in Japan.

It makes me sick.

My wife has already been in contact with our school to say that she's picking them up afterwards. And we'll be driving them to and from school in the future.

Is it bad to hope the 30 year old was trying to stop him?
I've been watching the Japanese news and reports say that the male victim was a 39 year old father to one of the other school girls that was stabbed :(

Reactions Received
KS Coins
We'll really never know when our time on Earth will end. Condolences to the affected families, this is truly heartbreaking...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread