News Starship to pursue legal action against repeat false accusations of bullying (1 Viewer)

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe ⋈
Reactions Received
Starship contacted alumni and staff in regards to the accusations against Kihyun.
His accuser tried the same thing in 2015.
Starship recognized that this was the same person and will be taking legal action.

Starshipnoticekihyun.jpeg

Kindly keep this angel's name out of your mouths, haters.
:pikagun:

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe ⋈
Reactions Received
Where are all of these bullying accusations coming from? Like I don’t understand.
Random netizens. We're in the middle of a pandemic, people are bored, and in Korea, sometimes rumours have more purchase than the truth. Some people just like to watch the world burn, others seek attention.

kinnie

(=ච ﻌ ච=)
Reactions Received
Ship
Random netizens. We're in the middle of a pandemic, people are bored, and in Korea, sometimes rumours have more purchase than the truth. Some people just like to watch the world burn, others seek attention.
I mean, I get bored too but that doesn’t mean I’m gonna go online and purposely make someones life miserable af. Like, go eat ice cream or pet a dog.
:ilovebread:

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe ⋈
Reactions Received
I mean, I get bored too but that doesn’t mean I’m gonna go online and make purposely make someones life miserable af. Like, go eat ice cream or pet a dog.
:ilovebread:
Netizens aren't exactly known for being reasonable. People get brave when hiding behind a username. I'm hoping companies start pursuing harsher legal actions against these rumours, teach people they can't just say things with impunity.

kinnie

(=ච ﻌ ච=)
Reactions Received
Ship
Netizens aren't exactly known for being reasonable. People get brave when hiding behind a username. I'm hoping companies start pursuing harsher legal actions against these rumours, teach people they can't just say things with impunity.
That would be nice. It’s not fair for the idols or their actual fans.

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe ⋈
Reactions Received
That would be nice. It’s not fair for the idols or their actual fans.
Considering this is the second time the same accuser has come after Kihyun, I can confirm this isn't great for him or Monbebes. Actually, this person had charges against them dropped after they agreed to reflect on their actions back in 2015. Coming out of the woodwork to try the exact same thing did not go over well, and Starship seems to be done with the BS these days. I honestly hope they absolutely nail this person to the wall for this. If Starship is going as far as to look into things by contacting Kihyun's former teachers and fellow students....I can't imagine the level of legal trouble the accuser will be in if it's confirmed to be entirely false.

kinnie

(=ච ﻌ ච=)
Reactions Received
Ship
Considering this is the second time the same accuser has come after Kihyun, I can confirm this isn't great for him or Monbebes. Actually, this person had charges against them dropped after they agreed to reflect on their actions back in 2015. Coming out of the woodwork to try the exact same thing did not go over well, and Starship seems to be done with the BS these days. I honestly hope they absolutely nail this person to the wall for this. If Starship is going as far as to look into things by contacting Kihyun's former teachers and fellow students....I can't imagine the level of legal trouble the accuser will be in if it's confirmed to be entirely false.
Sounds like someone has an unhealthy obsession. I hope they get what they deserve and stfu for good. It’s crazy how their culture and way of society can get out of hand so quickly based on a single rumor. Why are they trying to dig up dirt when there’s no dirt?

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe ⋈
Reactions Received
Honestly feels like a plot by Han Seo Hee with how ridiculous this all is getting , she has it out for idols ever since
Let's not mention that narcissistic troglodyte here, please. You know my feelings towards her. Death would be far too kind for such a vile being.

Sounds like someone has an unhealthy obsession. I hope they get what they deserve and stfu for good. It’s crazy how their culture and way of society can get out of hand so quickly based on a single rumor. Why are they trying to dig up dirt when there’s no dirt?
I mean, this is the culture the internet has bred. No one cares about facts, just gossip. That's why rumours spread like wildfire but the posts refuting those rumours don't gain even a fraction of the traction.

Reactions: DarlingBlue and Reo

DarlingBlue

Bubbles and Mushrooms
Reactions Received
Fandom
Blink Once
Ship
Where are all of these bullying accusations coming from? Like I don’t understand.
sKorea is in the middle of a "bully purge" because of 3 reasons:

1. Twin tennis (?) players that got exposed for bullying and school violence. They were kicked off the team and will no longer be able to play in the Olympics. This has inspired a lot victims to come out against their abusers and the main reason there's such a influx in accusations despite fears of retribution and legal action
2. Naver is phasing out their trending search, making it a lot easier for negative press to get buried.
3. SK has a pretty horrendous issue with school bullying and it's a contributed a lot to them having one of the highest suicide rates among young people

As always, there will be people trying take advantage of it but it's bigger than the idol system

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe ⋈
Reactions Received

1. Twin tennis (?) players that got exposed for bullying and school violence. They were kicked off the team and will no longer be able to play in the Olympics. This has inspired a lot victims to come out against their abusers and the main reason there's such a influx in accusations despite fears of retribution and legal action
2. Naver is phasing out their trending search, making it a lot easier for negative press to get buried.
3. SK has a pretty horrendous issue with school bullying and it's a contributed a lot to them having one of the highest suicide rates among young people

As always, there will be people trying take advantage of it but it's bigger than the idol system
This is...not justification. Korea has always had a bullying problem. Much longer than these incidents and accusations. Longer than Naver has been making changes. The reason so much traction is being gained now is not due to a high profile exposure, but more so due to the fact that as the Covid-19 pandemic has removed or restricted a lot of social outlets for people, the internet is becoming the respite from real life. If there was any proof to any of the accusations, Naver phasing out trending search would have no impact. This is just people taking advantage of the system while they still can.

I'm not about to stand for whataboutisms as to what's happening. It has long been a favourite past time of netizens to target idols or other celebrities with often unverifiable stories about their pasts.

Why did the person take back their claims in 2015?
False/no proof, and Starship was about to take legal action. People tend to stand down when they're about to be in serious legal trouble.

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
Reactions Received
False/no proof, and Starship was about to take legal action. People tend to stand down when they're about to be in serious legal trouble.
It just seems kind of weird that someone would make the same accusations twice. I wonder what this person's motive is.

must be

Reactions: brekker

DarlingBlue

Bubbles and Mushrooms
Reactions Received
Fandom
Blink Once
Ship
This is...not justification. Korea has always had a bullying problem. Much longer than these incidents and accusations. Longer than Naver has been making changes. The reason so much traction is being gained now is not due to a high profile exposure, but more so due to the fact that as the Covid-19 pandemic has removed or restricted a lot of social outlets for people, the internet is becoming the respite from real life. If there was any proof to any of the accusations, Naver phasing out trending search would have no impact. This is just people taking advantage of the system while they still can.

I'm not about to stand for whataboutisms as to what's happening. It has long been a favourite past time of netizens to target idols or other celebrities with often unverifiable stories about their pasts.

Most people find out current events through trending pages, searches and topics. Taking that feature out does limit the spread and consequences pretty heavily
How is this any different than the amount of sexual assault and harassment allegations that came out immediately after Harvey Weinstein got exposed?

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe ⋈
Reactions Received
Most people find out current events through trending pages, searches and topics. Taking that feature out does limit the spread and consequences pretty heavily
How is this any different than the amount of sexual assault and harassment allegations that came out immediately after Harvey Weinstein got exposed?
Those trending pages don't differentiate between facts and fiction, so they're actually more harmful than useful. If someone had a provable complaint, the internet isn't the place to take it, nor will it limit consequences and it's naive and childish to believe such crap. Because this is school bullying and 90% of these accusations aren't even about violence, just your typical, "He/she was mean to me". This isn't sexual assault, this isn't something that put anyone in the hospital, it's just dumbass kids insulting each other. We have that here.

It's actually really disturbing that you dare compare this to the me too movement, these things aren't even in the same category.
Yes, Korea has a bullying problem, but maybe, just maybe, they need to focus on the kids that are literally beating other children, sometimes to death, instead of idols that smoked/drank/called someone ugly. Yes, emotional abuse and trauma is real, but there are much more severe issues that should take precedence, and punishing idols over a decade after the fact, when students currently in school are being harmed, isn't going to make anything better or change anything.

DarlingBlue

Bubbles and Mushrooms
Reactions Received
Fandom
Blink Once
Ship
Those trending pages don't differentiate between facts and fiction, so they're actually more harmful than useful. If someone had a provable complaint, the internet isn't the place to take it, nor will it limit consequences and it's naive and childish to believe such crap. Because this is school bullying and 90% of these accusations aren't even about violence, just your typical, "He/she was mean to me". This isn't sexual assault, this isn't something that put anyone in the hospital, it's just dumbass kids insulting each other. We have that here.

It's actually really disturbing that you dare compare this to the me too movement, these things aren't even in the same category.
Yes, Korea has a bullying problem, but maybe, just maybe, they need to focus on the kids that are literally beating other children, sometimes to death, instead of idols that smoked/drank/called someone ugly. Yes, emotional abuse and trauma is real, but there are much more severe issues that should take precedence, and punishing idols over a decade after the fact, when students currently in school are being harmed, isn't going to make anything better or change anything.
Preventing people from seeing what relevant in current events and considering the ease and willingness Naver has in manipulate and suppress media in interests like government and the entertainment industry, it effectively kills most stories. This is soft censorship from the largest platform in Korea. If accuracy is the concern, it's simpler to push up trustworthy sites and authors. What's supposed to happen if a politician gets exposed for corruption or abuse? Why would anyone speak out then, especially considering SKor's absurd criminalization of free speech
Obviously I'm comparing the spread of allegations, not the actual situations to MeToo

I'm just not a person that ever thinks there's a good reason to lie or withhold truth. Nor do I think it's ever right to put fault on a wronged party for how they chose to come forward. I can't imagine being tormented by someone who went on to build a career off of being a good person. If the person really grew from it, they should prove it. Admit to it, acknowledge how wrong it was, apologize and try to move on. If their first instinct is to threaten lawsuit and effectively bully victims into silence, maybe they really haven't grown from it.

More than just outing these celebrities, it makes an example of them and sends a message, especially to kids who need to see it most. Nobody is immune from consequences and there are consequences. People can multitask and purging is usually the start of a changing the culture

Reactions: mysteric
Reactions Received
Website
peachyfanficwriter86.tumblr.com
Fandom
Multi
Idk if this has been posted already, but I just saw this article on google mobile.

If this is true, and I’m pretty sure not bc our Yoo Kihyun wouldn’t hurt a fly (right???), then MX can kiss their spot on my Stan list GOOD FUDGING BYE!

mysteric

.*゚+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Fandom
MeU & MY
Ship

I think it's the lee sisters in volleyball
they're over in korea, and they can't transfer to overseas teams because of some rule that prevents players who have cases of violence to do so

Reactions: DarlingBlue

mysteric

.*゚+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Fandom
MeU & MY
Ship
More than just outing these celebrities, it makes an example of them and sends a message, especially to kids who need to see it most. Nobody is immune from consequences and there are consequences. People can multitask and purging is usually the start of a changing the culture
agree with this
people can change, but some don't

and from what I've read, teachers have very little real power to discipline students who go out of line, and schools side with parents more often than the teachers
but at least when actual bullying cases get made public (when the victim is fine with it), it shows to the kids that yes, there are consequences to their actions, that they can catch up to them later in life, and that bullying is not "just a phase" or something that can easily be forgotten about

Reactions: DarlingBlue

Users who are viewing this thread