Tell me about your favorite and least favorite teachers! (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
Website
peachyfangirl86.tumblr.com
Fandom
OrbArTiny
That is, if you can remember. lol

My favorite would have to be my eleventh grade health teacher, Mrs. Crutcher. She cared about me a lot, especially when it came to being bullied for my boy band obsession. She actually stopped class mid-lesson one day just to give them a verbal what-for. I still got bullied after that, but much less so than before her lecture.

My least favorite was definitely Mr. Parrish, who taught eighth grade English. He was just plain mean, and instead of explaining our schoolwork to us, he was always like "This is self-explanatory". and stuff Plus, one time when we were learning about alliteration, we got to make an A-Z alliteration book of whatever theme we wanted. I picked musicians, of course... but anyway, when it came time to get them back after grading, Mr. Parrish refused to give mine back - all because I didn't put my name on it. I mean, who even does that???

Reactions: mysteric and Vikki
Reactions Received
4th grade least fave.
3,5,6 were favs

Jh and High school it would be by subject.

Vikki

Future Canadian Hobo
Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
Do gymnastics coaches count because one of mine made me a bit suicidal :wimwim:

Reactions Received
Fandom
Orbit
looks like another chance for me to go on an essay about how my pe teacher from middle school was the absolute worst! pe was an all-girls class in here and whenever one of us was sitting out a pe lesson, we had to tell her the reason why and whenever one told her she was on her period this teacher would write it down in her notebook and when it happened irregularly she would always say things like "it doesn't sound right to me, you already had it" in front of everyone else and assumed we were lying to her. we also had lessons at the swimming pool, me and one of my classmates were the only ones who couldn't swim at all, but instead of trying to teach us which is literally her job, she was always focused on those who could swim (yet still give them unreasonably difficult tasks) and then she would constantly yell at us for making no progress. at one point she gave me six 1's (1 is the lowest grade you can get in poland) during the same one lesson because there was an exam (the fact that there were exams from a subject like pe is ridiculous in itself) and i couldn't swim so i obviously didn't do any of the exam tasks. she also told that one classmate who couldn't swim either in front of the whole group that "the way she walks makes it look like she's on drugs" when not only that had literally nothing to do with her swimming skills but also is obviously unacceptable for a teacher to say about one of her students. to this day it makes me wonder why such people even become teachers in the first place because it clearly was not something that she was meant to do. there was a rumour that she had an affair with a guy who was supposed to work as a lifeguard at the swimming pool where we had those classes (who was also doing his job very poorly, instead of looking at us the guy would listen to some cheap radio station while also ordering delivery fast food to a swimming pool out of all places - i wish i was making that up) and that's probably the only reason why she never wanted to leave the school.

• Wow
Reactions: Vikki

dreambutterfly

Trainee
Reactions Received
My favorite teacher would be this male teacher who taught English. I went to a k-12 school and I had him for 8th grade and than he got bump up to teach for the high schooler, so I got him again for 10th grade. He was one of those teacher that you could tell that he really do love his job. And he made the class exciting. He comes with way to make the class fun instead of us just sitting at our desk and taking note. Also he was very good looking. All the girls had crushes on him.

My least favorite is probably this history teacher I had in 9th grade because he was mean, sexist, racist and just give you low grade unfairly. And when someone don't understand that he gave us and we would ask for him to elaborate he just look at us like we stupid. It was also a regular history class and he be giving us work like it was an Honor or AP class. He was also a bit of creep because of the way he pay very close attention to us female student.

mysteric

.*゚+ rest in peace our little pear blossom *+.
Reactions Received
Fandom
MeU & MY
Ship
fav teacher was my eng/math teacher in middle school. Chill dude, he taught in Korea for a while where he met his wife, so he has a lot of funny anecdotes to tell. We got off topic so often, yet we were able to throughout cover the curriculum and everything, so props to him. My French teacher that year was great too, really strict but I loved her. History teachers I’ve gotten for hs have also been wonderful, really funny classes and I love the role plays we do in class.
Worst was a Geo teacher. Originally was in maternity leave but came back right before summative/exam season. I missed the first two weeks of the summative task, and she didn’t allow me any extra time to complete it even though I had emailed her a month in advance about it. Wasn’t there for 70% of the classes, so no one knew what they were doing, and she barely responded to emails. And then questions for the task itself.. god. A lot of the online databases don’t provide info for the questions, but she still expected answers, which was dumb since how did she expect us to analyze the usage of land of a city like 3h away by plane where there are no maps to indicate general trends? She also gave us an exam: it’s this unspoken rule that a teacher would only assign either a summative or an exam since everyone has eight classes going at once. Mess

Users who are viewing this thread