COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Tell me something unique about your country/culture (1 Viewer)

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Please tell me something interesting, that differs your country from other places.

Estonians love to sing. I mean sing in choirs, in our free time, literally anywhere at any time! It is normal in my school that if we are writing something and somebody starts humming, the whole class ends up humming/singing the song while doing the assignement! Estonia also has the largest written down collection in the world of folk songs!

Have a very popular Estonian song!

Reactions Received
KS Coins
we know how to say "rød grød med fløde"

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
MCDONALDS

Koala

✯☾🌸Koala Of Spring’s Moon🌸☽✯
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Russia;
Our artist are honestly some top tiered. Even in my home St Petersburg we had some realistic murals painted on the walls,and the whole city is just filled in artwork and museum. My nana even called it home of artist.

Many Russians also have incredible strong will and possess ability to become leaders and really try for movements. Not everyone really is for Putin

America where I live now;

>:c We got so many different fries. That’s all I can name really as a pro ;~; oh,and easier to pursue an education at reasonable sets of money. I got into a uni without much attempt because I recieved a scholarship that paid for it all

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Russia;
Our artist are honestly some top tiered. Even in my home St Petersburg we had some realistic murals painted on the walls,and the whole city is just filled in artwork and museum. My nana even called it home of artist.

Many Russians also have incredible strong will and possess ability to become leaders and really try for movements. Not everyone really is for Putin

America where I live now;

>:c We got so many different fries. That’s all I can name really as a pro ;~; oh,and easier to pursue an education at reasonable sets of money. I got into a uni without much attempt because I recieved a scholarship that paid for it all
Oooh! Are you like russians russian Or are you like Karelian or any of the other people living there?

Peach

Always there for Daniel
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ma esinesin kooriga 2007.a noorte laulu- ja tantsupeol. :maheart:

Ma ei oska laulda.

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Ma esinesin kooriga 2007.a noorte laulu- ja tantsupeol. :maheart:

Ma ei oska laulda.
Täpselt. Terve eesti on laulu täis!

Ma tegelikult ei ole kunagi Laulupeol osalenud... Kuigi ma oskan laulda... Ma mõtlen see aasta aga sinna vabatahtlikuks minna!

Koala

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Oooh! Are you like russians russian Or are you like Karelian or any of the other people living there?
My father was Karelian,but I was born into St Petersburg. So I’m only some small taking of Karelian c: I love the provinces of Karelia,though. Great place for more museums and research into the artifacts. So I’m just Russian Russian more so. I moved at a young age after being born,but still visit and try to keep my heart connected every summer.

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
My father was Karelian,but I was born into St Petersburg. So I’m only some small taking of Karelian c: I love the provinces of Karelia,though. Great place for more museums and research into the artifacts. So I’m just Russian Russian more so. I moved at a young age after being born,but still visit and try to keep my heart connected every summer.
I get that. Karelia is beautiful,my grandfather goes fishing there every year and I want to go with him one year.

Peach

Always there for Daniel
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Täpselt. Terve eesti on laulu täis!

Ma tegelikult ei ole kunagi Laulupeol osalenud... Kuigi ma oskan laulda... Ma mõtlen see aasta aga sinna vabatahtlikuks minna!
See oli väsitav, sest ma pidin seal vähemalt 3 päeva järjest olema, terve päeva.. aga see on seda väärt!
Ma läheks uuesti elamuse pärast, mis sa sealt saad. Nii et, ma soovitan sul ka. :pepeheart:

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
See oli väsitav, sest ma pidin seal vähemalt 3 päeva järjest olema, terve päeva.. aga see on seda väärt!
Ma läheks uuesti elamuse pärast, mis sa sealt saad. Nii et, ma soovitan sul ka. :pepeheart:
Ma olen väiksematel laulnud ja see adrenaliin on isegi väiksematel võimas! Ma ei suuda ette kujutada ka mis tunne see võib olla kui Mu isamaa on minu arm kordust nõutakse näiteks!

Koala

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I get that. Karelia is beautiful,my grandfather goes fishing there every year and I want to go with him one year.
You should. Their waters are really crystal clear to what I see in other parts of Russia. c: most fishes I’ve seen caught by tourist are huge in diameter. Great place to think of some exotic recipes. Hope you visit,Maru >: )

Peach

Always there for Daniel
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ma olen väiksematel laulnud ja see adrenaliin on isegi väiksematel võimas! Ma ei suuda ette kujutada ka mis tunne see võib olla kui Mu isamaa on minu arm kordust nõutakse näiteks!
Kui ma käisin, tuli Palve kaks korda järjest esitusele!

Mulle meeldib see kõige rohkem, sest see on nii energiline! ^ :pepesalut:

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Kui ma käisin, tuli Palve kaks korda järjest esitusele!

Mulle meeldib see kõige rohkem, sest see on nii energiline! ^ :pepesalut:
Mul on see ka lemmik! Enamused Eesti laulud on nii kurvad, aga see on just vastupidiselt sõjakas. Otseses mõttes lähme anname neile peksa.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Being polite is different than some other countries. The language itself isn't very polite, it lacks some polite phrases English has and there is no small talk either. If you ask how someone is they won't answer they are fine they will give you description of their day. Everyone is referred by their first name, even teachers at schools- our Japanese teacher made pretty weird face when one of students just straight up called her by her first name, sth only closest family does in Japan. Politiness in Finland is not bothering people unless you have sth to say, being honest and straightforward, not causing issues.

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Being polite is different than some other countries. The language itself isn't very polite, it lacks some polite phrases English has and there is no small talk either. If you ask how someone is they won't answer they are fine they will give you description of their day. Everyone is referred by their first name, even teachers at schools- our Japanese teacher made pretty weird face when one of students just straight up called her by her first name, sth only closest family does in Japan. Politiness in Finland is not bothering people unless you have sth to say, being honest and straightforward, not causing issues.
Did you just describe Estonia? But well... Finland is Estonia's big brother soooooo....

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
Please tell me something interesting, that differs your country from other places.

Estonians love to sing. I mean sing in choirs, in our free time, literally anywhere at any time! It is normal in my school that if we are writing something and somebody starts humming, the whole class ends up humming/singing the song while doing the assignement! Estonia also has the largest written down collection in the world of folk songs!

Have a very popular Estonian song!
Hmmm i wish i had what you have, only songs we sing here are the most nationally celebrated ones that are basically way too selfloving...
anyway
Serbia - I mostly do not enjoy any of our traditions cause they just aren't... good... only real thing we do is we have a... -ijada for every type of meal in our books. It's like a festival in some place in Serbia where people come together and chefs and such compete with each other in making this certain type of dish. For example Sausage (Kobasica) -ijada is making sausages. So people come to taste test these and try other types from different places and such. Idk if that's unique but nobody ever talks about it besides us so idk.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread