COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

TV The Mandalorian Ep.1 Review (1 Viewer)

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
OK, so I just finished watching the first episode of 'The Mandalorian' which is a Disney+ Original set in the Star Wars Universe. Admittedly, I'm not particularly well versed in the Star Wars Universe but as someone who enjoys taking part in general nerd culture, I figured that I'd use this event as an opportunity to get into the franchise more! So without further ado here is my review:

Brief Story Summary:

The episode starts with our titular character, the Mandalorian entering a tavern on a snowy planet and sitting down at the bar when a trio of dudes, who I think were supposed to be some type of bounty hunters come up and start harassing him. A surprisingly violent fight ensues with a particularly gruesome ending (don't worry if your squeamish, nothing gory is shown on camera obviously because this is a Disney+ show) the Mandalorian obviously wins the fight and ends up capturing the other bounty hunters' target for himself. He then goes to collect his bounty and get assigned his next mission, after expressing dissatisfaction with the amount of money he's making, the guy that gives him his info on what criminals to hunt down tells him about this unusual job that's offering a lot of money but there's a catch, he has to meet up with the client in person before finding out how his target is. He then goes to meet this guy on a shady looking planet where their spit roasting alien animals and stuff and his client is this shady seeming old dude with a couple of roughed up looking storm troopers guarding him. There's also a awkward scientist dude there too and the shady old dude says he wants the target brought back, preferably alive but dead will work too and the awkward scientist guy is like, "hey, that wasn't part of the deal, we need him alive!" so the Mandalorian asks what info they can give him on the person there wanting him to bring back for them and they say that all they can give him is the age of the person which is 50 and the coordinates of where to find them. The Mandalorian thinks this is weird but takes the job anyway because they currency they're offering to pay him in seems to be very valuable to him, He then sets off to collect him bounty and I'll leave there to make sure I don't spoil anything important.

My General Thoughts and Impression of the Show:

For a first episode, I thought it was a good start. There we're a few moments that I felt were supposed to have wider implications but because I'm not all that familiar with Star Wars they we're kinda lost on me although this wasn't so severe that it stopped me from keeping up with the plot. There were a few attempts at humour here and there but nothing really made me laugh out loud, I still think the show did a good job at setting a tone though there was a good balance of light and dark moments that kept the show family friendly without becoming too cheesy or childish.

Overall Ranking:

3 out of 5 stars​

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
This whole star wars thing will make me go watch it lmao
Thank you for sharing uwu
Can I just say, I got Disney+ specifically for this event so I feel like all the reviews I make should get extra points due to my financial investment!

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Interesting review, i watched the whole series last year(?) n anticipating ur thots on the rest of the first season. (But the most shocking twist/reveal of all is already known to all too many). Would be curious if too many inside jokes/easter eggs/details spoil the rest of the show for u.

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Interesting review, i watched the whole series last year(?) n anticipating ur thots on the rest of the first season. (But the most shocking twist/reveal of all is already known to all too many). Would be curious if too many inside jokes/easter eggs/details spoil the rest of the show for u.
I think the only spoiler that I know about is Baby Yoda or at least that's the only spoiler I can remember lol

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
I think the only spoiler that I know about is Baby Yoda or at least that's the only spoiler I can remember lol
Tats the one. It took me a week before i watched the episode with baby yoda after it came out, d+ isnt officially available in my country(still), but i already knew abt baby yoda from so many internet sites i frequented. Just had to see for myself wat the fuss was about. Will wait until later episodes to comment further. Hope you enjoy them.

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
Don't forget to tag me when doing review or you might not get points, cause I might miss it

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
a pretty short and concise review, not bad. The Mandalorian is the only SW thing I haven't watched so I can't comment much

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
such a nice review

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread