COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

~The Official Yuri 百合 Thread~ (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
Yaoi>>>> lol
I should’ve realized it wasn’t about my husband Yuri Plisetsky when I saw ur username haha. U can always be trusted to be posting about lesbians
1626465510069.gif
Yaoi is mainly about sex and is aimed at women, created by women, so it's more or less sexualizing gay men.
Yuri on the other hand is mainly about character development, story plot, real struggles of LGBTQ, more fluffyness, etc, and was also originally aimed for and created by women.
I have read and watched both.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Yaoi is mainly about sex and is aimed at women, created by women, so it's more or less sexualizing gay men.
Yuri on the other hand is mainly about character development, story plot, real struggles of LGBTQ, more fluffyness, etc, and was also originally aimed for and created by women.
I have read and watched both.
Did the international organization of yuri hire you to sell it to me lol
I think ur a little prejudiced because ur into lesbians but not gays and it’s kinda unfair to say that because yaoi has the connotation of being smutty. If you want plot and whatever it’s more often labeled bl or shounen ai.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
Did the international organization of yuri hire you to sell it to me lol
I think ur a little prejudiced because ur into lesbians but not gays and it’s kinda unfair to say that because yaoi has the connotation of being smutty. If you want plot and whatever it’s more often labeled bl or shounen ai.
Why do you always think I'm into lesbians? I'm into pure same-sex love that has an amazing storyline because I am Omnisexual myself and heterosexual love isn't for me.
I do and have watched gay male romances and love, like Prayers for Bobby, The Freddy Shepherd story, Brokeback Mountain, watched 5 seasons of Glee, just to name a few, and will watch the Love, Simon series, High School Musical series very soon and also watching Drag Race.

Also, the word 'Shounen Ai' is more along the lines of kids, the same for Shoujo-Ai, so yes, I will say what you mean is more along the lines of BL.
I will, however, watch Banana Fish soon though as many people have told me it's a pretty good BL series.

Also, I think you are forgetting that BL has way more content than GL does and it is a lot more popular, and that's not just in Anime/Manga either, it's globally, so I think that there should be more GL titles than what there actually is.

Also, GL doesn't necessarily mean they are lesbians, they could be other sexualities, it's just that its wlw content.
Lesbians always get sexualized and are not taken seriously as well, so that is one of the reasons why wlw has a lot more invisibility and people think that women who love women are more accepted when it's not entirely true.
Both gay men and lesbians have it hard, but just in different ways.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
Why do you always think I'm into lesbians? I'm into pure same-sex love that has an amazing storyline because I am Omnisexual myself and heterosexual love isn't for me.
I do and have watched gay male romances and love, like Prayers for Bobby, The Freddy Shepherd story, Brokeback Mountain, watched 5 seasons of Glee, just to name a few, and will watch the Love, Simon series, High School Musical series very soon and also watching Drag Race.

Also, the word 'Shounen Ai' is more along the lines of kids, the same for Shoujo-Ai, so yes, I will say what you mean is more along the lines of BL.
I will, however, watch Banana Fish soon though as many people have told me it's a pretty good BL series.

Also, I think you are forgetting that BL has way more content than GL does and it is a lot more popular, and that's not just in Anime/Manga either, it's globally, so I think that there should be more GL titles than what there actually is.

Also, GL doesn't necessarily mean they are lesbians, they could be other sexualities, it's just that its wlw content.
Lesbians always get sexualized and are not taken seriously as well, so that is one of the reasons why wlw has a lot more invisibility and people think that women who love women are more accepted when it's not entirely true.
@karina Please tell @Jimimis that I'm into gay love as well? I just love wlw stories a lot lol

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Why do you always think I'm into lesbians?
bcuz i think its funny :sanapray:

i think its interesting in how bl/gl are perceived differently. imo its a lot more looked down on to be into bl than gl even if the market is way bigger because its 'oh cringe 13 yr old girl ew' while wlw is just 'yeah guys are into that haha'. ur right that gl is kinda invisible but it also doesn't have such a negative implication to be a fan of it. but yeah both genres have their problems in public perception
anyway what are we talking about again? i forgot. i think I just wanted to post that gif of yuri plisetsky lol. update me if banana fish is any good ^^
also since u like ggs please participate in my thread <3
https://kpopsource.com/threads/give...-and-ill-draw-them-for-you.63933/#post-987414

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
bcuz i think its funny :sanapray:

i think its interesting in how bl/gl are perceived differently. imo its a lot more looked down on to be into bl than gl even if the market is way bigger because its 'oh cringe 13 yr old girl ew' while wlw is just 'yeah guys are into that haha'. ur right that gl is kinda invisible but it also doesn't have such a negative implication to be a fan of it. but yeah both genres have their problems in public perception
anyway what are we talking about again? i forgot. i think I just wanted to post that gif of yuri plisetsky lol. update me if banana fish is any good ^^
also since u like ggs please participate in my thread <3
https://kpopsource.com/threads/give...-and-ill-draw-them-for-you.63933/#post-987414
But it makes me think that you think I'm just one big pervert and only like GL for sexual reasons, which is not really true (I mean, I do love a good lovemaking scene if they have built the character development and plot around it and it's not too graphic) lol

Well, I won't say you are wrong and you are right when you say that BL fans are treated worse than GL. I guess it's like when people think Armies and Blinks are not very nice fandoms because they are so popular and you get the odd few who ruin it for everyone. I think if it was the otherway round and GL was more popular, I think GL fans would have a similar problem.

Also, women seem to be more accepting towards wlw than guys are of mlm, so you will get more female fans of GL but not many male fans of BL.

I agree that being into GL doesn't have as much negative implication to it than it is to be a BL fan (Though you have been harassing me for loving GL ever since I got to this forum, so I guess I could say I know what it's like to be a BL fan) :haylul:

Ok, I will do! ^-^

Huh? You posting about GG that isn't attacking them? :nakypog::haylul:
Sure I'll give it a look lol

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
But it makes me think that you think I'm just one big pervert and only like GL for sexual reasons, which is not really true
that's why its funny:sanapray::sanapray::sanapray:

(Though you have been harassing me for loving GL ever since I got to this forum, so I guess I could say I know what it's like to be a BL fan) :haylul:
just doing my part ~~~ as a contributing member of society

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
☾ groo ☽
Pronouns
☾ he/him ☽
hi- :ilovebread:

has anyone here watched "revolutionary girl utena" ?? some argue it's not "true" yuri, but i would argue that their relationship is one of the most beautiful--while also tragic, of course--in all of anime, not just wlw, and it is comfirmed to be intended to be viewed in a romantic light :pepesmug: not to mention that the anime/manga itself is chock full of symbolism and is incredibly interesting and emotional. i like surrealism too, so that could be another reason why i love it so dearly, but the main pull for me is utena and anthy's relationship dynamic and how it evolves, in both the anime and the movie :wimwim: if nobody cares, i am so sorry

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
hi- :ilovebread:

has anyone here watched "revolutionary girl utena" ?? some argue it's not "true" yuri, but i would argue that their relationship is one of the most beautiful--while also tragic, of course--in all of anime, not just wlw, and it is comfirmed to be intended to be viewed in a romantic light :pepesmug: not to mention that the anime/manga itself is chock full of symbolism and is incredibly interesting and emotional. i like surrealism too, so that could be another reason why i love it so dearly, but the main pull for me is utena and anthy's relationship dynamic and how it evolves, in both the anime and the movie :wimwim: if nobody cares, i am so sorry
I still have yet to watch it! I know that it's a powerful GL story but I don't know the actual story lol

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
☾ groo ☽
Pronouns
☾ he/him ☽
I still have yet to watch it! I know that it's a powerful GL story but I don't know the actual story lol
i won't spoil anything, but make sure you stick it out through the first 7 episodes. the anime kinda makes you think it's one thing and then switches it up on purpose, so some stop watching before that happens. also make sure to have lots of tissues on hand :maheart:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Buddy
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
@Tsukino We can't let this thread die out, we are almost on 10th page :lisalaugh:
Are there any Yuri Anime's you have seen lately?
No I didn’t watch any but at the manga shop I have seen a new Yuri romance one :pepelook:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Buddy
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
Oh really? What's it called?
I also bought these two Yuri manga's a few weeks ago:

Both very good manga's! :kokorohappy: :lovelycooky: :sakUwu: :lisalaugh:
5 seconds before a witch falls in love or smth like that

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
MY
5 seconds before a witch falls in love or smth like that
Sounds good lol I like watching or reading about lesbian witch stories. I dunno if you have seen the Fear Street Trilogy? There are lesbian witches in that lol
Also, I haven't seen Motherland:Fort Salem, I heard there were sapphic witches in that too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread