SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
Reactions Received
Fandom
Reveluv

" Post-SMTown Live 2019 in Tokyo, I was completely baffled as to how SM, who had Taeyeon, Luna, and Wendy on the same stage, appeared to have no inkling, if at all, to assemble them in a super project. I would love to see Red Velvet be taken seriously into SM’s business planning in addressing, for instance, JYP’s shrewd strategy of sending Twice to fill the spot that SNSD has left vacant — and Itzy for Blackpink’s infrequent appearance, on that note. And if SM were to insist on breaking into the US market still, I could not see how under-using an act who, collectively, has worked with Ricky Martin, John Legend, and Ellie Goulding is a wise decision. Red Velvet, after all, is at home with the sound of America past."

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this Seoulbeats article. We all know that SM should be focusing on promoting Red Velvet more in the US. But then they wouldn't be ShittyMisogynistic Entertainment if they weren't constantly blocking US labels, US tv shows etc from approaching Red Velvet...

The girls have the potential to do well in the US and everyone can see that apart from SM and that is the truth!!

Source: SeoulBeats

Reactions Received

" Post-SMTown Live 2019 in Tokyo, I was completely baffled as to how SM, who had Taeyeon, Luna, and Wendy on the same stage, appeared to have no inkling, if at all, to assemble them in a super project. I would love to see Red Velvet be taken seriously into SM’s business planning in addressing, for instance, JYP’s shrewd strategy of sending Twice to fill the spot that SNSD has left vacant — and Itzy for Blackpink’s infrequent appearance, on that note. And if SM were to insist on breaking into the US market still, I could not see how under-using an act who, collectively, has worked with Ricky Martin, John Legend, and Ellie Goulding is a wise decision. Red Velvet, after all, is at home with the sound of America past."

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this Seoulbeats article. We all know that SM should be focusing on promoting Red Velvet more in the US. But then they wouldn't be ShittyMisogynistic Entertainment if they weren't constantly blocking US labels, US tv shows etc from approaching Red Velvet...

The girls have the potential to do well in the US and everyone can see that apart from SM and that is the truth!!

Source: SeoulBeats

Read that and another article that was linked about the in house production where they were really up about the music production yet almost none of the songs they talk about are popular.

Ironic they said that and 1 week later Luna was gone.

At this point I don't think it matters, 3 albums in a row they have gone with title music that did not connect with any of the public, and most international fans have flat abandoned them. Given peoples short attention span an SM's failure to come up with any music across the board that connects with people outside a core fanbase by any act at all this year or last. The closest was Four Seasons or Taeyeon's IU ost. Weird thing is UU is a perfect summer song yet it fell flat everywhere.

Except for album sales even with 3 releases this year they will have their worst performance digitally.

I think RV has grown and is producing fantastic music as artists, but that they have alienated huge chunks of fans because most fans want what they want. Each member is set up for a long career. But they need songs that connect with the public who are not music critics impressed with technically great or boundary pushing music.

Wendy killed her KOMS yet she lost to an average cover of a bg song pretty much sums up how girl groups are viewed.

Last edited:

karina

🌈 ❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Fandom
arianator
Ship
Wreck
I honestly don‘t get why RV isn‘t pushed more. the girls could be doing so much better

Reactions Received
I honestly don‘t get why RV isn‘t pushed more. the girls could be doing so much better
i do not really understand pushed more? Not picking on you its just i see that all the time about acts..
they have 3 comebacks this year and 2-2 japan songs. A US Canada Tour a second Japan tour like months after the first one.
A new concert launching.

I get they are not as popular as snsd, EXO or twice or black pink or bts but aside from those 3 .

What do people want?
They have tried every pop and semi pop genre out there.

Do we really want them in a Super M deal? I would think not.
How often are they booked they seemed to be constantly doing festivals all year.

i just do not get the constant bitching sm stans persist in.

even that dumb tmi deal folks are boasting about had RV in the same grouping as snsd WG Kara and 21.

At the end of the day the girls are happy folks in the industry respect them sounds like a win.

Last edited:

karina

🌈 ❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Fandom
arianator
Ship
Wreck
i do not really understand pushed more? Not picking on you its just i see that all the time about acts..
they have 3 comebacks this year and 2-2 japan songs. A US Canada Tour a second Japan tour like months after the first one.
A new concert launching.

I get they are not as popular as snsd, EXO or twice or black pink or bts but aside from those 3 .

What do people want?
They have tried every pop and semi pop genre out there.

Do we really want them in a Super M deal? I would think not.
How often are they booked they seemed to be constantly doing festivals all year.

i just do not get the constant bitching sm stans persist in.

even that dumb tmi deal folks are boasting about had RV in the same grouping as snsd WG Kara and 21.

At the end of the day the girls are happy folks in the industry respect them sounds like a win.
with pushed more I meant like giving them more oppertunities to shine. I love the comebacks but I honestly think that members like Yeri should get way more attention - be it for music or variety.

Users who are viewing this thread