COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News The Rose Woosung discusses his new song Lazy and the future of The Rose (1 Viewer)

Panda

a panda just trying to chill
Reactions Received
Website
www.twitch.tv
KS Coins
Fandom
Starlight
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck

Featuring rapper Reddy, Lazy is a bit of a trick; the narrative turns as you listen to it, from wanting to enjoy laziness to eventually overcoming it. With its hazy summer groove and conversational monologue, it’s essentially an ode to being lazily restive so that you can also be proactive.

“I think it wasn’t like one particular person or thing that I was talking to,” Woosung says. “It could be very internal, like you’re talking to your lazy self. ‘Shut up, I’m not going to be lazy any more.’ Sometimes you have to be hard on yourself if you’re being lazy. It could also be about someone else. For me, I never write songs about one particular person, but more a general thing.”

In regards to The Rose, he mentions:

It’s also the first since The Rose parted ways with their former label, J & Star, in February 2020, during which they filed a contract dispute lawsuit against the company. Currently, all band members except Woosung are enlisted in South Korea’s armed forces, as per the country’s mandatory draft requirements. The release of Lazy is in fact long overdue, delayed until things were sorted out with J & Star.

“Everything’s been figured out,” Woosung says of the lawsuit. “We’re not under contract with anyone any more. The [other] members are in the army and we’re waiting for them to come out. That’s all I can say.” While he’s unable to confirm any details, Woosung assures that The Rose plan to remain together.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Pronouns
She/Her
I really hope when the members are discharged a company picks them up, they deserve to carry on as a group.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread