Theory behind BtoB's "Beautiful Pain" MV (1 Viewer)

pinzee

Flop
Reactions Received

Okay so the captions go by really fast, but in summary:
This whole time I thought the girl was the one who left the relationship, and each member was going through grief from missing her, but NO. The MV is about them lingering in their last moments on Earth before they pass away.

Hyunsik: Ambulance sounds at the start of his scene, which I thought just meant he was in a rough neighbourhood. Nope. They're coming for him.

Ilhoon: All in white, like what a hospital patient would wear. The lights look like operation table lights as well as the tubes hanging from the ceiling. He is the one who fades into the pink mist, not the girl.

Changsub: His plane really is going down. I thought it was just an artsy way of showing his "inner turmoil", but no. He recalls sitting comfortably with the girl and holding her hand, but when he opens his hand, there is only sand.

Sungjae: Literally wearing a light white sheet like a ghost. Barren trees around him, and sand slips through his fingers as well.

Peniel: Also on a plane, lots of white light, reminiscent of "light at the end of a tunnel". Two hourglasses side by side, which he turns around. Actually, I'm not sure how he died..

Minhyuk: His head rests on a toy train track and the train is coming towards him, so we're assuming he was in a crash. He is sitting against the chair while the girl is reading, but she doesn't even notice him.

The use of the hourglass in the MV and their promo shows that even though it feels like BtoB's time as a full 7 member group has run out due to conscription, there will be a day when they have completed their duty. The hourglass will be turned back around again, and BtoB's time as a complete group will resume with full energy. Though the album is called "Hour Moment", it was typed out as "Our Moment" on their Instagram hashtag, etc., describing that it is shared with Melodies.
I am EMO all over again :pepecry1:

Here, we need some handsome behind-the-scenes pics to make us feel better:

(^ yes I needed to post more than one Hyunsik pic)

Reactions Received
Beautiful Pain on loop since it hits my spotify!!! the song is much much better if you listen to it with headsets and being alone or at night or at car...wow what a ballad

pinzee

Flop
Reactions Received
Beautiful Pain on loop since it hits my spotify!!! the song is much much better if you listen to it with headsets and being alone or at night or at car...wow what a ballad
Yesss headphones really let the bass and background violins and vocals fill your head :sj_weary:
Same here, it's been playing everyday, lol
And absolutely agree about it being a nighttime driving song :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
marublade Korea 61
Yumiz Korea 5
Yumiz Korea 6
marublade Korea 13
Keihatsu Korea 17