Appreciation They are really promoting Kai as this supercool uncle / father type. Why? (1 Viewer)

brekker

Star
Reactions Received
Wreck
Is it because Kai might be in a serious relationship and SM is worried what will happen if he gets married and has a kid and they worry that people are gonna react the same way they had to Chen?
I don´t get the marketing reason behind this, but cool. Do what you have to do. I know there are those kids shows like the Return of the Superman or something like that when idols spend a day with children (I have never been able to finish it :D, and I´m fine with kids, I just don´t get the fun idea behind that? but maybe that´s just me), but Kai is doing that bit a little more extra :D.

Lovely_Cornchips

Future Canadian Hobo
Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
It's not SM really-Kai does it himself tbh. He adores his sister's kids and posts about them on his insta frequently. Kai really loves kids and seems like he really wants kids badly so I don't think SM is really forcing anything here. It's just how Kai is.

Reactions: Zsh

brekker

Star
Reactions Received
Wreck
It's not SM really-Kai does it himself tbh. He adores his sister's kids and posts about them on his insta frequently. Kai really loves kids and seems like he really wants kids badly so I don't think SM is really forcing anything here. It's just how Kai is.
I don´t think he is the one who goes through variety shows and specifically picks those shows. If he does, what is his manager´s job?
Baekhyun adores his brother´s son too, he posts him on Instagram as well, but you know he plays the role of the romantic type because it is part of his job. I am just curious why so. Kai used to be that "sexy and mysterious" type and now his image is changing. Not for the worse of course.

Lovely_Cornchips

Future Canadian Hobo
Reactions Received
Ship
Wreck
I don´t think he is the one who goes through variety shows and specifically picks those shows. If he does, what is his manager´s job?
Baekhyun adores his brother´s son too, he posts him on Instagram as well, but you know he plays the role of the romantic type because it is part of his job. I am just curious why so. Kai used to be that "sexy and mysterious" type and now his image is changing. Not for the worse of course.
I think he still has a say in what gets chosen. His manager obviously probably gets him the gigs but I think Kai never really fits the mysterious and sexy concept, that's just his stage presence. I think he's gotten far enough in his career and odds are his manager agrees too to where he can just be himself.

I mean Kai appeared in one of these shows a while back with his look-alike and had a blast. He used to get gigs like this before-not as often but I think his manager and Kai both know what Kai prefers and it's to be around kids and enjoy their company and silliness and cuteness. I don't think there is an ulterior motive to it tbh about him possibly having kids soon.

Users who are viewing this thread