COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Thoughts on pranking idols for content? (1 Viewer)

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
For a long time I really really enjoyed them, there are many classics kpop pranks.

However some I come to think, is this really okay or is it harmful to the idol emotionally or mentally? Maybe physically?

This is a prank on Stray Kids, people disgused as cops accusing their managers of sajaegi, and it obviously upsets some of the members to the point of feeling very burdened. I don't know if I think it was okay or not, maybe I'm being too sensitive for them? Sajaegi is a very serious accusation to many idols and it would be horrifying to have to find out in that way

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
As long as the prank is within reason and doesn't cause emotional stress or physical harm, then it's okay.

Some pranks are taken too far though, and I can't watch them. It's just too much and I feel so sorry for the distress caused to some idols.
:sanapray:

Yachii

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Hackers
I don't like pranks. It's supposed to be taken in good humor by the victim; but I usually feel offended. I wonder how many people out there take pranks similarly.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
Have you seen that show where they pranked Jackson from GOT7 telling him that his mum is coming to visit him and Jackson was so excited, he cried and then they told him, she wasn´t coming and laughed at him? I felt so sorry for him. He hadn´t seen his mum for such a long time and he had always spoken about how close he was to his parents and to do such a cruel joke ... that´s just really evil.

I always feel like humour is a bit of a touchy subject, so I would avoid pranking the idols unless it would be pre-agreed (or just basically faked for the sake of fun) so that no one is harmed.
We don´t all find same things funny :/.

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Have you seen that show where they pranked Jackson from GOT7 telling him that his mum is coming to visit him and Jackson was so excited, he cried and then they told him, she wasn´t coming and laughed at him? I felt so sorry for him. He hadn´t seen his mum for such a long time and he had always spoken about how close he was to his parents and to do such a cruel joke ... that´s just really evil.

I always feel like humour is a bit of a touchy subject, so I would avoid pranking the idols unless it would be pre-agreed (or just basically faked for the sake of fun) so that no one is harmed.
We don´t all find same things funny :/.
I remember seeing that prank for Jackson and feeling so hurt for him. I didn't agree with that one at all.

I think companies do have the responsibility to look out for idols and their wellbeing when it comes to pranks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread