COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Fanfiction Three's Company | A Hufflepuff Story (1 Viewer)

Shou

Maybe 6 feet ain't so far down ✧.*
Top Poster Of Month
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Three's Company | A @Hufflepuff Story

1670728650974.png
1670728679968.png

The Three Siblings

Hakyeon, the eldest

Hongbin, the middle child

Hyuk, the youngest

Three siblings found themselves walking down a road untraveled, that first step they took was the longest ride, but they had to leave no stone unturned and leave their fears behind.

“Each day’s a gift and not a given right,” Hakyeon, the eldest brother, reminded his siblings.

The road was overgrown, the grass tall, trees and bushes flanked them on either side. They were so far off the road they could no longer hear the sound of cars on the highway they deserted their car on the side of.

“I don’t need your constant reminder,” Hongbin, the snarky middle child replied, “You sound just like mom.”

“I bet you’re glad I do, if I wasn’t here you’d still be sitting in the car on the highway freezing your ass off instead of finding a solution.” Hakyeon replied matter-of-factly, and Hongbin stopped walking and fumed in anger. Hakyeon just glared at him over his shoulder and crossed his arms while he waited for the younger to catch up.

“Would you two stop arguing?” Hyuk asked them, tired of listening to his older brother's bicker.

“Yeah, Hongbin.” Hakyeon chastised his brother.

“Shut up, Hakyeon.” Hongbin replied.

It was then that Hongbin looked around them and realized they were at a fork in the road that went two separate routes.

“Let’s split up,” Hongbin told them, “Hyuk, come with me, and Hakyeon, you go the other way. We’ll call you when I get the hell out of here.”

“That’s a terrible idea-” Hakyeon protested, but before he could say another word, Hongbin was taking Hyuk by his wrist and walking south. Hakyeon watched him go until he could no longer see their silhouettes, before he turned north, sighed, and began walking.

So what if Hakyeon had chewed Hongbin out? Hongbin was always nagging him, contradicting him, and generally being a menace.

Ever since the loss of their parents, Hakyeon had naturally assumed a parental role in their household. Why, then, was Hakyeon walking down the empty road by himself? The sun was setting now, Hakyeon could see it on his left and began to worry about his two younger siblings.

It was then that Hakyeon, lost in his thoughts, tripped over a thorn bush and fell flat on his face.

His face stung from where he landed, his hands gripping the asphalt, and when he removed one palm to look at it, he watched it turn red as he bled. Pulling his ass off the ground, Hakyeon looked at the thorn bush and cursed it in his head before looking back at the setting sun.

Hakyeon then knew what he had to do, and he stepped back over the thorn bush, safely this time, and began walking back the way he had come. He had to get back to his brothers.

Just one more moment, that’s all that's needed. Hongbin needed healing. He was angry, and he wasn’t being honest with himself or his brothers. He didn’t mean his words to his older brother and deep down he was very grateful he had Hakyeon in his life.The truth was, he was never angry with Hakyeon - he was angry at his parents. But, how could Hongbin say he was enraged at his parents for dying? He couldn’t. And so, Hongbin was angry at the world, and most especially, angry at himself.

As Hongbin walked down the southern road, Hyuk following behind him a few feet, he began to regret.

Looking to his right, Hongbin watched as the sun dipped below the horizon.

“Hongbin, I’m afraid it’ll be dark soon.” Hyuk said from behind him.

“It gets dark every day.” Hongbin replied in a sarcastic tone.

“Hongbin, stop!” Hyuk suddenly raised his voice at him, and Hongbin stopped walking forward and instead turned around to look at his younger brother who was glaring at him.

Hongbin knew he had fucked up, in fact, he had been fucking up for some time now.

“Hyuk…” Hongbin’s gaze softened as he looked at his younger brother, “I can’t believe the words I’ve said to you and Hakyeon. Forgive me now, everyday I spend away my soul’s inside out. There has to be a way for me to make it up to you now, somehow…”

“Stop.” Hyuk’s glare did not falter. Hyuk then bent over and picked something up off the ground. He held up… a coin?

“Hyuk…” Hongbin trailed off, knowing where the younger’s mind was going.

“When we were little, we used coins to decide our next move. I’m going to flip this coin, and if it lands on heads we are going to keep going, and if it lands on tails, we are going to turn around and follow Hakyeon.” Hyuk told his middle brother sternly.

“Okay, okay, fine.” Hongbin gave up and let Hyuk do his thing.

Hyuk placed the coin on his thumb before expertly flicking it up into the air. They watched as it spun a couple of times, before it bounced to the concrete road once before springing back up and off the road. Both Hyuk and Hongbin crouched down to look for the coin, when Hongbin suddenly saw it, stuck in the mud.

“It’s sideways.” Hongbin said in disbelief.

“What the hell?” Hyuk replied, equally in shock.

“What do we do now?” Hongbin asked him.

Hyuk scratched his head, not entirely knowing himself, before speaking again, “It means we stay here. Let’s sit down and call Hakyeon.”

Hongbin opened his mouth to argue, but he saw the fear in his younger brother’s eyes, and decided to nod his head instead and take a seat.

It was dark now, Hyuk could barely see Hongbin’s outline from where he lay, five feet away from him, on the asphalt with his hands under his head and staring up at the sky. Hyuk had a hard time dealing with his two brothers' arguments, and recently tensions had only kept escalating. Hongbin seemed to forget how to apologize, and Hakyeon seemed to forget how to confide in them, and let himself be weak. They were going through a hard time together, so why did his two brothers insist on shouldering the burden?

“Hongbin, what if we should have kept going south?” Hyuk asked worriedly.

“Then, the coin would have landed on heads.” Hongbin’s voice was much softer now, and Hyuk could hear his sadness and picture the frown on his face.

“...” Hyuk understood the logic behind his words, but that didn’t stop his growing concern that he had misunderstood the coin’s intentions. “I think I'm going to walk south a bit more and see if there’s anything ahead.” Hyuk stood then, and he saw Hongbin sit up as well.

“Does that have something to do with why you don’t want to call Hakyeon now?” Hongbin asked.

“...” Hyuk didn’t like being called out, especially when his brother was spot on. “Do you ever wonder if Hakyeon likes taking care of us, or if he just puts up with us because he has to?”

“What are you saying?” Hongbin asked him.

“What if Hakyeon found a gas station and left us?” Hyuk asked.

Hyuk was suddenly hit by an object sent his way, and he looked at Hongbin in shock. “Did you just throw something at me?”

Instead of replying, Hongbin leaned over and picked up a small rock and tossed it at Hyuk, making the younger flinch.

“Hongbin!” Hyuk was annoyed when the older kept throwing rocks

“Sit down and I’ll stop throwing them.” Hongbin told him in an annoyed tone, the same one he used with Hakyeon earlier. “Don’t ever speak about Hakyeon like that again. You and I both know that Hakyeon doesn’t have a selfish bone in his body. Did the gravel hurt? I’m sure Hakyeon would hurt to hear you question his love for his family.”

With that, Hyuk sat, and Hongbin laid down once more. Together, they wait.

Time is going by so much faster than I,
Hakyeon thought to himself as he continued down the now pitch black forest. He had his flashlight on on his phone, and attempts at calling his brothers had been futile - there was no service here. He walked for God knows how long, and he was beginning to lose hope. I’m starting to regret not spending all my time with them, I’m wondering why I’ve kept this bottled inside, and I’m regretting not telling all of this to them, Hakyeon became choked up at his own thoughts. If he was going to die, would he go like this? He had to let them know. He had to.

“Hakyeon?” It was then that he heard a familiar voice call his name.

🎵 You’re never gonna be alone 🎵

“Hongbin? Hyuk?” Hakyeon’s voice became desperate, and suddenly his phone flashlight was illuminating the faces of his younger brothers who were laying down on the side of the road under a dense bush.

🎵 From this moment on 🎵

Hakyeon threw himself at them, and immediately enveloped them in crushing hugs, causing the younger members to groan as he squeezed the air out of them. The tears came down his cheeks just as quickly, and when he locked eyes with both of his younger brothers, they also began to cry.

“Hakyeon.” Hongbin’s voice was full of relief.

🎵 If you ever feel like letting go 🎵

“Yes?” Hakyeon asked.

“I love you.” Hongbin told his brother truthfully.

🎵 I won’t let you fall 🎵

“I love you too.” Hakyeon ruffled up his hair, and then turned to Hyuk. “Hyuk, I love you too.”

“I love you guys.” Hyuk told them both, crying in the arms of his brothers.

🎵 I’ll hold you ‘til the hurt is gone 🎵

@Wingfrost

Exi

message @Nina for my discord <3
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Three's Company | A @Hufflepuff Story

1670728650974.png
1670728679968.png

The Three Siblings

Hakyeon, the eldest

Hongbin, the middle child

Hyuk, the youngest

Three siblings found themselves walking down a road untraveled, that first step they took was the longest ride, but they had to leave no stone unturned and leave their fears behind.

“Each day’s a gift and not a given right,” Hakyeon, the eldest brother, reminded his siblings.

The road was overgrown, the grass tall, trees and bushes flanked them on either side. They were so far off the road they could no longer hear the sound of cars on the highway they deserted their car on the side of.

“I don’t need your constant reminder,” Hongbin, the snarky middle child replied, “You sound just like mom.”

“I bet you’re glad I do, if I wasn’t here you’d still be sitting in the car on the highway freezing your ass off instead of finding a solution.” Hakyeon replied matter-of-factly, and Hongbin stopped walking and fumed in anger. Hakyeon just glared at him over his shoulder and crossed his arms while he waited for the younger to catch up.

“Would you two stop arguing?” Hyuk asked them, tired of listening to his older brother's bicker.

“Yeah, Hongbin.” Hakyeon chastised his brother.

“Shut up, Hakyeon.” Hongbin replied.

It was then that Hongbin looked around them and realized they were at a fork in the road that went two separate routes.

“Let’s split up,” Hongbin told them, “Hyuk, come with me, and Hakyeon, you go the other way. We’ll call you when I get the hell out of here.”

“That’s a terrible idea-” Hakyeon protested, but before he could say another word, Hongbin was taking Hyuk by his wrist and walking south. Hakyeon watched him go until he could no longer see their silhouettes, before he turned north, sighed, and began walking.

So what if Hakyeon had chewed Hongbin out? Hongbin was always nagging him, contradicting him, and generally being a menace.

Ever since the loss of their parents, Hakyeon had naturally assumed a parental role in their household. Why, then, was Hakyeon walking down the empty road by himself? The sun was setting now, Hakyeon could see it on his left and began to worry about his two younger siblings.

It was then that Hakyeon, lost in his thoughts, tripped over a thorn bush and fell flat on his face.

His face stung from where he landed, his hands gripping the asphalt, and when he removed one palm to look at it, he watched it turn red as he bled. Pulling his ass off the ground, Hakyeon looked at the thorn bush and cursed it in his head before looking back at the setting sun.

Hakyeon then knew what he had to do, and he stepped back over the thorn bush, safely this time, and began walking back the way he had come. He had to get back to his brothers.

Just one more moment, that’s all that's needed. Hongbin needed healing. He was angry, and he wasn’t being honest with himself or his brothers. He didn’t mean his words to his older brother and deep down he was very grateful he had Hakyeon in his life.The truth was, he was never angry with Hakyeon - he was angry at his parents. But, how could Hongbin say he was enraged at his parents for dying? He couldn’t. And so, Hongbin was angry at the world, and most especially, angry at himself.

As Hongbin walked down the southern road, Hyuk following behind him a few feet, he began to regret.

Looking to his right, Hongbin watched as the sun dipped below the horizon.

“Hongbin, I’m afraid it’ll be dark soon.” Hyuk said from behind him.

“It gets dark every day.” Hongbin replied in a sarcastic tone.

“Hongbin, stop!” Hyuk suddenly raised his voice at him, and Hongbin stopped walking forward and instead turned around to look at his younger brother who was glaring at him.

Hongbin knew he had fucked up, in fact, he had been fucking up for some time now.

“Hyuk…” Hongbin’s gaze softened as he looked at his younger brother, “I can’t believe the words I’ve said to you and Hakyeon. Forgive me now, everyday I spend away my soul’s inside out. There has to be a way for me to make it up to you now, somehow…”

“Stop.” Hyuk’s glare did not falter. Hyuk then bent over and picked something up off the ground. He held up… a coin?

“Hyuk…” Hongbin trailed off, knowing where the younger’s mind was going.

“When we were little, we used coins to decide our next move. I’m going to flip this coin, and if it lands on heads we are going to keep going, and if it lands on tails, we are going to turn around and follow Hakyeon.” Hyuk told his middle brother sternly.

“Okay, okay, fine.” Hongbin gave up and let Hyuk do his thing.

Hyuk placed the coin on his thumb before expertly flicking it up into the air. They watched as it spun a couple of times, before it bounced to the concrete road once before springing back up and off the road. Both Hyuk and Hongbin crouched down to look for the coin, when Hongbin suddenly saw it, stuck in the mud.

“It’s sideways.” Hongbin said in disbelief.

“What the hell?” Hyuk replied, equally in shock.

“What do we do now?” Hongbin asked him.

Hyuk scratched his head, not entirely knowing himself, before speaking again, “It means we stay here. Let’s sit down and call Hakyeon.”

Hongbin opened his mouth to argue, but he saw the fear in his younger brother’s eyes, and decided to nod his head instead and take a seat.

It was dark now, Hyuk could barely see Hongbin’s outline from where he lay, five feet away from him, on the asphalt with his hands under his head and staring up at the sky. Hyuk had a hard time dealing with his two brothers' arguments, and recently tensions had only kept escalating. Hongbin seemed to forget how to apologize, and Hakyeon seemed to forget how to confide in them, and let himself be weak. They were going through a hard time together, so why did his two brothers insist on shouldering the burden?

“Hongbin, what if we should have kept going south?” Hyuk asked worriedly.

“Then, the coin would have landed on heads.” Hongbin’s voice was much softer now, and Hyuk could hear his sadness and picture the frown on his face.

“...” Hyuk understood the logic behind his words, but that didn’t stop his growing concern that he had misunderstood the coin’s intentions. “I think I'm going to walk south a bit more and see if there’s anything ahead.” Hyuk stood then, and he saw Hongbin sit up as well.

“Does that have something to do with why you don’t want to call Hakyeon now?” Hongbin asked.

“...” Hyuk didn’t like being called out, especially when his brother was spot on. “Do you ever wonder if Hakyeon likes taking care of us, or if he just puts up with us because he has to?”

“What are you saying?” Hongbin asked him.

“What if Hakyeon found a gas station and left us?” Hyuk asked.

Hyuk was suddenly hit by an object sent his way, and he looked at Hongbin in shock. “Did you just throw something at me?”

Instead of replying, Hongbin leaned over and picked up a small rock and tossed it at Hyuk, making the younger flinch.

“Hongbin!” Hyuk was annoyed when the older kept throwing rocks

“Sit down and I’ll stop throwing them.” Hongbin told him in an annoyed tone, the same one he used with Hakyeon earlier. “Don’t ever speak about Hakyeon like that again. You and I both know that Hakyeon doesn’t have a selfish bone in his body. Did the gravel hurt? I’m sure Hakyeon would hurt to hear you question his love for his family.”

With that, Hyuk sat, and Hongbin laid down once more. Together, they wait.

Time is going by so much faster than I,
Hakyeon thought to himself as he continued down the now pitch black forest. He had his flashlight on on his phone, and attempts at calling his brothers had been futile - there was no service here. He walked for God knows how long, and he was beginning to lose hope. I’m starting to regret not spending all my time with them, I’m wondering why I’ve kept this bottled inside, and I’m regretting not telling all of this to them, Hakyeon became choked up at his own thoughts. If he was going to die, would he go like this? He had to let them know. He had to.

“Hakyeon?” It was then that he heard a familiar voice call his name.

“Hongbin? Hyuk?” Hakyeon’s voice became desperate, and suddenly his phone flashlight was illuminating the faces of his younger brothers who were laying down on the side of the road under a dense bush.

🎵 From this moment on 🎵

Hakyeon threw himself at them, and immediately enveloped them in crushing hugs, causing the younger members to groan as he squeezed the air out of them. The tears came down his cheeks just as quickly, and when he locked eyes with both of his younger brothers, they also began to cry.

“Hakyeon.” Hongbin’s voice was full of relief.

🎵 If you ever feel like letting go 🎵

“Yes?” Hakyeon asked.

“I love you.” Hongbin told his brother truthfully.

🎵 I won’t let you fall 🎵

“I love you too.” Hakyeon ruffled up his hair, and then turned to Hyuk. “Hyuk, I love you too.”

“I love you guys.” Hyuk told them both, crying in the arms of his brothers.

🎵 I’ll hold you ‘til the hurt is gone 🎵

@Wingfrost
Hongbin looks so hot here
BB7BD8C0-3856-44E4-9CCA-6E1737D4D5F0.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread