to people who know diff. languages... (2 Viewers)

Jimimis

Star
Reactions Received
Fandom
luoshifemy
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
make fandom be the reason

Melon

Trainee
Reactions Received
Fandom
Shawol
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I know this sounds dumb, but actually study and do practices. For most languages there are actually free apps that can help - repetitive repetition actually helped ingrain words and phrases into my brain.

I got to the point where I knew enough words in Japanese without any phrases that my mind automatically put together the sentences in songs and such LOL

But the main factor is, how new of a learner are you? Like do you already know colors, numbers, random things like cat, dog, etc?

alicewonderland

Rookie
Top Poster Of Month
Reactions Received
Website
kpop-merchandise-online.com
Fandom
multi
Pronouns
she/they
Ship
Wreck
I know this sounds dumb, but actually study and do practices. For most languages there are actually free apps that can help - repetitive repetition actually helped ingrain words and phrases into my brain.

I got to the point where I knew enough words in Japanese without any phrases that my mind automatically put together the sentences in songs and such LOL

But the main factor is, how new of a learner are you? Like do you already know colors, numbers, random things like cat, dog, etc?
im actually a brand new learner. the only things that are engraved in my head is hello, goodbye, thank you, and im sorry
also that doesn't sound dumb, when i was first learning spanish 5 years ago thats what i think i did.. its been a while and i dropped it after learning the months
:lisalaugh:

Reactions: Yukiitan

jjyubi

Reactions Received
Website
jjyubicore.carrd.co
Pronouns
he/they
Wreck
do you have any tips for a new learner?
and if so, how to apply them
:dubuthink:
Watch shows in the language you want to learn. That's what I did for English, I watched so many videos in English look at me now! Imo it's the best way to learn!

Melon

Trainee
Reactions Received
Fandom
Shawol
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Watch shows in the language you want to learn. That's what I did for English, I watched so many videos in English look at me now! Imo it's the best way to learn!
Real talk though, never would have guested you weren't a Native English speaker.

im actually a brand new learner. the only things that are engraved in my head is hello, goodbye, thank you, and im sorry
also that doesn't sound dumb, when i was first learning spanish 5 years ago thats what i think i did.. its been a while and i dropped it after learning the months
:lisalaugh:
Like Jiyubi said, watching shows is a good way. If you're trying to learn a language like Japanese, or Korean those are quite easy to come by at least.
What language is it if you don't mind me asking?

alicewonderland

Rookie
Top Poster Of Month
Reactions Received
Website
Fandom
multi
Pronouns
she/they
Ship
Wreck
whats your native language?! :scree:

alicewonderland

Rookie
Top Poster Of Month
Reactions Received
Website
Fandom
multi
Pronouns
she/they
Ship
Wreck
Real talk though, never would have guested you weren't a Native English speaker.

Like Jiyubi said, watching shows is a good way. If you're trying to learn a language like Japanese, or Korean those are quite easy to come by at least.
What language is it if you don't mind me asking?
its actually korean :wonwooglasses:

Melon

Trainee
Reactions Received
Fandom
Shawol
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
Oh well then I would watch some Kdramas if you don't already with subs on. Also there's an app I have for Korean, but I forgot what it is. LOL Just look on the app/play store and you should find some free hangul resources there. I'm also trying to learn Korean, but I speak Korean with a Japanese accent according to my Korean friends, so we've got a long way to go. I guess pronunciation is hard for me pffft LOL

dimpled_sun

Celebrity
Reactions Received
Website
peachyfangirl86.tumblr.com
Fandom
Multi
Pronouns
she/her
I agree with @jjyubi and @Melon - watch some Korean videos or K-dramas. The way I know the Korean birthday song is from watching BTS celebrate each other's birthdays. And RM became fluent in English by watching Friends!

alicewonderland

Rookie
Top Poster Of Month
Reactions Received
Website
Fandom
multi
Pronouns
she/they
Ship
Wreck
Oh well then I would watch some Kdramas if you don't already with subs on. Also there's an app I have for Korean, but I forgot what it is. LOL Just look on the app/play store and you should find some free hangul resources there. I'm also trying to learn Korean, but I speak Korean with a Japanese accent according to my Korean friends, so we've got a long way to go. I guess pronunciation is hard for me pffft LOL
i made this post bc i dont know good ways to learn another language but
i actually started a little japanese as well.. i know basic phrases and i do the same thing.. ill say things the way you'd say in japanese :lisalaugh:

alicewonderland

Rookie
Top Poster Of Month
Reactions Received
Website
Fandom
multi
Pronouns
she/they
Ship
Wreck
  • Love
Reactions: Yukiitan and Yonk

EGB

Flop
Reactions Received
Fandom
multi
there are a lot of guides to writing and reading on youtube itself, I'd say go through those first and then watch tv shows and look for vocabulary.
I used this one, could read and write pretty well after it

alicewonderland

Rookie
Top Poster Of Month
Reactions Received
Website
Fandom
multi
Pronouns
she/they
Ship
Wreck
there are a lot of guides to writing and reading on youtube itself, I'd say go through those first and then watch tv shows and look for vocabulary.
I used this one, could read and write pretty well after it
thank youuuu

Reactions: EGB and Yukiitan

Users who are viewing this thread