News Toilet paper craze- have you already stocked enough? (1 Viewer)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
Since the Corona virus outbreak, people have started to stock toilet paper to battle the virus. It is still unknown what exactly all this toilet paper will be used for and only information so far is that having year worth is essential for surviving the pandemic.

People have taken desperate measures to ensure that their own treasury is full.

Hoarding rolls is everyday event now:

Physical fights have happened:

Armed robbers stole hundreds of rolls toilet paper from delivery truck in Hong Kong:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51527043
In my own country shop owners have had to call security to break fights over toilet paper and also ask people to stop stealing toilet paper from other customers carts.

Have you already stocked enough to survive?

Kddicted

Rookie
Reactions Received
Ship
It's the dumbest thing ever here in Australia, I can't believe how selfish and inconsiderate some people are being at the stores. My parents have bought enough for us, but they didn't stock a year worth or anything like that. There are families that can barely afford to buy anything because prices keep going up, and by the time they do, everything is out of stock. There are also elderly people who live alone and don't have anyone to buy that or anything else for them. It discourages me to see how people only care for themselves in my area.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
Guess I'll collect some leaves...
Also, kitty litter is sold out too
Yea it's not only toilet paper anymore though it's worst with that. People are hoarding all kinds of stuff and empty spots or even ails are common here as well.

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
Reactions Received
Pronouns
Any
I mean, my family already had some but my stepdad grabbed two more smaller multipacks. We've got at least a few weeks worth, but that's our usual supply. We didn't change any buying habits. Stores are out of so much more than toilet paper in my town. Rice, beans, basically most shelf stable foods, disinfectants, hand soap, sanitizer, rubbing alcohol, masks, rubber gloves, thermometers...the list goes on and on. I managed three thermometers on Saturday, one per person in my house. No one is listening to the warnings to stay home, everything is going on as normal and some places are actually more busy than they usually would be.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
Tbh this craze almost makes me want to buy toilet paper, not because I'm afraid of coronavirus, but cause i'm afraid of people hoarding it. But, I have my 8 rolls package that will last still couple weeks. And i'm pretty sure I can grap just another 8 pack after couple weeks ^^;

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received

Does no one fear catching the virus when they swarm each other for tp like that? :jisoosmh:
My dad's been hoarding tp since last year so we have a good amount to last us years lmao​
That's really good point. People are told to avoid social gatherings and what they do- flood the stores and try to get toilet paper almost in top of each other. If just one person who is infected sneezes middle of that, there is soon 20 people who are infected now as well.

The lack of brains smh.

NeoSquare

Taeyong fluffles
Reactions Received
Ship
Yea it's not only toilet paper anymore though it's worst with that. People are hoarding all kinds of stuff and empty spots or even ails are common here as well.
yea, stores have to employ people at night to fill in the aisles and some close for an 1,5 hour so the workers can have all their breaks at once cuz they have so much work.

VillageIdiot

Budding Sky Drowner, Professional Debbie Downer
Reactions Received
Fandom
JayWhyPee
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I part time at a Walgreens because I'm taking time off school

All our handsanitizer, wipes and toilet paper gets sold out the same day we stock it. People have been trying to get around it by buying up all the baby wipes because we haven't placed limits on how many of those you can buy yet. It's so frustrating because there are parents coming in frustrated because everything they actually need is gone

It's so funny watching these young, perfectly healthy people buy hundreds of dollars worth of food, NSAIDs (which you aren't even supposed to be taking in the first place), masks etc but not one gave a single cent to the cancer drive we were sponsoring. Ffs even the smokers did but not them

My mother is a nurse and could not give less a damn about this virus but she's alarmed by the lack of toilet paper and has gone on several rants about stocking up on toilet paper since everyone else is doing it.

I swear to God one of the customers probably stole a bottle of sanitizer that we keep behind the register. Fucking sick of people

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
I part time at a Walgreens because I'm taking time off school

All our handsanitizer, wipes and toilet paper gets sold out the same day we stock it. People have been trying to get around it by buying up all the baby wipes because we haven't placed limits on how many of those you can buy yet. It's so frustrating because there are parents coming in frustrated because everything they actually need is gone

It's so funny watching these young, perfectly healthy people buy hundreds of dollars worth of food, NSAIDs (which you aren't even supposed to be taking in the first place), masks etc but not one gave a single cent to the cancer drive we were sponsoring. Ffs even the smokers did but not them

My mother is a nurse and could not give less a damn about this virus but she's alarmed by the lack of toilet paper and has gone on several rants about stocking up on toilet paper since everyone else is doing it.

I swear to God one of the customers probably stole a bottle of sanitizer that we keep behind the register. Fucking sick of people
I get people buying food worth for week or two in case they end up being sick and have to be in quarantine. But nobody needs that much toilet paper. If you are out of toilet paper you can just wash ur ass in shower or sth, you won't die. Also there is no news in most of countries that toilet paper has any chance of being out of stock- other than due to hoarding.

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
Reactions Received
Ship
Lol @ the world. Everyone laughed at Australia but now it turned into a worldwide craze :haylul:

My mum somehow found like a 100 roll package of toilet paper from some Turkish shop her friend works at so I think my family will be good for the next couple of months. I'm still struggling to understand why everyone prefers clean butts over full stomachs though...Also, even if we do run out of toilet paper, there's still water so I don't understand this craze at all

DrowningFishy

Rookie
Reactions Received
I'm from America, Southern Cal, TP has been completely out for the last week. Though I herd one of my roomates sisters husband managed to get some after waiting 3 hours at cosco. I managed to get a nice load after going to a few stores and chatting with some old folks to see where they tried. Seriously pitty the old people in this situation.

For now I have enough, but I have a roomate that is a "pretty pretty princess" and must wipe her huge arse with a wad of TP so we'll see how long we last. Though she's not having acess to the Charmin if the genertic runs out. She can wipe her arse with leaves like the olden days.

Food is also in shortage. As of today people where stripping stores of food like people strip stores on black friday. Meat dept was empty at walmart but I came is as they rolled out the last thing of ground meat. Ended up grabbing two and running like it was black friday. At another store called Super King it was just as pack but much more civil. @ikonicraja has been a dear listening to me whine.

This is a hop and a skip from me, I posted this on another thread. Lines were longer today if you can belive it at many Coscos.

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
Ship
It’s the new trend to stock tp... it’s selfish, really. Other people need stuff too. Some act like wild animals
Amd to respond, I got a pack like usual, not more

karina

🌈 ❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Fandom
arianator
Ship
Wreck
it‘s just so crazy.

Reactions: blueberries

Darkseid