News Update: Luna leaves SM. Krystal still has time left on her contract. SM negotiates with Victoria on a new Contract (1 Viewer)

Haolat

Trainee
Reactions Received
Update

Initial report on Victoria leaving SM

Following the news of f(x)‘s Amberleaving SM Entertainment just several days ago, Victoria has also decided to leave the company after the group’s 10 year anniversary.
She revealed her decision on her personal Weibo account, stating that she will be moving on to a new journey.
In a blink of an eye, it’s been 10 years. On September 5, 2009, I stood on the stage and made my official debut. I already understood at that time that hard work will always pay off, luck is also important, but chance favors the prepared mind. I only hoped that I could hold onto every chance, leaving no regrets. And now it’s the 10th anniversary, it’s an ending point, and also a starting point.
I’m thankful for everything with S.M for these past 10 years, from now on we will go on in a new way. This is a new start, starting afresh, I’m still me, I will continue to be myself, never forget how I started, and go forward bravely. I will work hard to be a better me, be firm in what I believe in, and will not let my mind be changed easily!
— Victoria
She also thanked all of her her fans for their love, and promised to work hard in the next 10 years too.

Cherish every opportunity! You should cherish everything around you, really, everything! So, thank you for all of your hard work and bravery, which has helped me get everything I have now. Thank you to my family and friends. I am grateful for everyone who has showed me love and I love you all too. I am grateful for all the trust and support I received. I hope I did not fail to live up to your expectations of me, and I will do my best in the future. So, are you ready to stay with me for the next 10 years?
— Victoria

Last edited:

Yumiz

The Champagne, wine, tequila, margarita
Reactions Received
Fandom
Yumiz
Ship
Krystal, get your shit and get out too

Yumiz

Reactions Received
Fandom
Yumiz
Ship
I think we will see that soon.
Thank God.
Objectively, if f(x) is disbanded then there's nothing that'll help Luna.She needs the f(x) title more than the other members.
Luna writes and composes her works, so she should just leave and manage herself at her own terms.
I know for a fact that she's had another EP ready since spring

lexus

Future Canadian hobo
Reactions Received
Fandom
Vikki stan
Ship
Wreck
So f(x) is really done for. It's a shame because the girls have so much talent, but their company just had to do them dirty. :kijoongstare:

Reactions Received
I know it fun to trash SM but f(x) just died.
Lunber was never strong enough to duo for what ever reason.
Vic sold everything she owned in Korea years ago.
Supposedly they did have music but could not get bodies in Korea to promote.
Most likely they were unwilling to release an unpromoted album since all the station songs did so poorly.

At the end of the day its MeU's fault for not gobbling up what content came out. Give the money guys a hope that they were not throwing more good money after bad in promoting Amber and Luna.

I hope they find work they love to do.

Honsetly with Vic in China she is almost a lost cause Support wise for me, I just wish her happiness.

Amber is trying in the US tough deal that. I always thought she would be great behind the camera ect.

Luna will do plays forever she is just too good. Like say Ock Joohyun.

Krystal will act.

Thats fx.

Last edited:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
Most likely they were unwilling to release an unpromoted album since all the station songs did so poorly.

At the end of the day its MeU's fault for not gobbling up what content came out. Give the money guys a hope that they were not throwing more good money after bad in promoting Amber and Luna.

Honsetly with Vic in China she is almost a lost cause Support wise for me, I just wish her happiness.

Amber is trying in the US tough deal that. I always thought she would be great behind the camera ect.

Krystal will act.

Thats fx.
I think they should have had comeback together. Some groups are only strong together, not individually. And lack of comeback is somewhat on SM as well, i think the girls did want to have another album out, well I'm not sure about Victoria but rest of them. Even if they had comeback without Victoria, but it was fully promoted f(x) comeback it would have done well.

Reactions Received

Krystal will act.

Thats fx.
I mean Station has proven to be a waste of time for 99% of its releases like even Melomance and Taeyeon two chart toppers collabing couldn't get good out of of Station with the only reason it isn't 100% being that the very first Station did well which was the very first one so it has more intrigue than any of the others.

Yumiz

Reactions Received
Fandom
Yumiz
Ship
My concern there would be if SM blacklisted her then she could be in a real tough spot
I don't think SM has enough clout to block people from perusing acting careers. Yoochun was able to get acting gigs at the same networks that wouldn't let them on music shows. Even so, she's already confirmed to star in a movie, so that's a good start

Musically, we'll have to see. Henry, Sooyoung and Seohyun have left the company on amicable terms but strangely chose to not promote the music they released. They've gone on variety shows, so that's good sign at least. There's a good chance that Krystal would want to do a musical project with her sister and that would raise ton of issues. But that's all assuming Krystal would want to pursue a career in music, which I doubt.

Reactions Received
I don't think SM has enough clout to block people from perusing acting careers. Yoochun was able to get acting gigs at the same networks that wouldn't let them on music shows. Even so, she's already confirmed to star in a movie, so that's a good start

Musically, we'll have to see. Henry, Sooyoung and Seohyun have left the company on amicable terms but strangely chose to not promote the music they released. They've gone on variety shows, so that's good sign at least. There's a good chance that Krystal would want to do a musical project with her sister and that would raise ton of issues. But that's all assuming Krystal would want to pursue a career in music, which I doubt.
They definitely won't have as much power with acting than the music side so it could be a case of they just can't and Krystal has said before she isn't interested in going solo "(she spent) a lot of time thinking about what side of myself I should show as a solo entertainer...I don't want to sing or dance anymore because I've already shown that while being a part of f(x)" so apart from doing something with Jessica which Jessica can't promote so I don't think they'd plan to promote if they did do something.

Reactions Received

Krystal said she was done singing and dancing. Been there done that.

Users who are viewing this thread